The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

daily crafting writs in our homes

doctorosen
Dear Zenimax, please for the love of God implement a way for doing daily crafting writs in our homes. It is going to be a great solution for several things:
1)dealing with overpopulating of places like Vvanderfell
2)increasing interest in housing (once you furnished it there is actually nothing left to do)
3)selling crowns and making sweet, sweet money. lets say 5000 crowns, heck, i would buy it immediately
4)general quality of life would be increased (I would love to do those kinda boring daily writs in my house I spent HOURS decorating and furnishing)
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like doing them in town cause I can socialize and check everyones toons and watch as they magically craft just by standing and staring at the crafting station.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm another firmly in the do them in town camp. I like seeing a crowd in town.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, as part of the package for enabling us to do writs at home (and, importantly, turn them in there, too) have a psijic projection into town.

Everyone happy.

fwiw: I don't mind town - what I strongly object to is combat pets blocking view/access to npc/objects and non-combat pets fluttering around and hogging a significant proportion of the view while crafting/interacting with the craft stations. And duelling - I like duelling but NOT in craft hubs. The visual signal-to-noise ratio is appallingly, terribly, indescribably bad in town for these reasons.

Either fix it so I can switch off all your crap lovely pets or give me a facility to craft/turn in craft writs with housing.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pet-less writs AND turn-in would be nice. I don't care either way. I just ignore the other people in town. Less people in town is always better.
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html) has an option to have it automatically turn off your pets (pests?) when crafting.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will likley never happen. While I have not heard Zos speak to this specifically, they did speak to the general idea and said they will not add a lot of functionality to homes for things that we do in the city because they want us to have a reason to go to the city.

To that I agree with them as others here have stated, do them in town. Heck, I never found Vvardenfell overly populated anyhow.
  • doctorosen
    it would be great if the house was more useful than a beautiful mannequin.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I like seeing cities populated, but there is such a thing as overpopulated... to the point where silhouettes stay as such for a minute, so many pets the lag kicks in, and so many trolls using aoes or spamming pie of misrule...

Please. Give us an assistant that you buy with crowns/writ vouchers, that we can place in our homes, or summon like the merchants/bankers. There can be two lines of dialogue like "Sire/Mi'lady, I have acquired some crafting writs from a nearby town, perhaps you would like to look at them?" "Splendid! Return to me when you have made the requested item and I will deliver it with haste!"

To make things more realistic/fair, perhaps there is a delay and you receive your rewards via mail instead. Or perhaps not until the following day/when you leave and return to your home, when you speak with them again.

When I'm not in a rush, I prefer to pick up writs, run up to my townhouse, and craft in the peace of my home, even though I need to sit through 2 loading screens to do so.

Another alternative would be to introduce a crafting guild (similar to the mages/fighters/etc.). Then you could place a few more crafting areas, similar to the alinor crafting area, throughout tamriel to help disperse the crowds.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    This will likley never happen. While I have not heard Zos speak to this specifically, they did speak to the general idea and said they will not add a lot of functionality to homes for things that we do in the city because they want us to have a reason to go to the city.

^This.^

I like doing writs in town because it feels populated ... not because I want to live under a rock and mass-produce writ dailies.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be nice to do writs in my home, but if I have to buy an assistant with crowns I will not do it. Despite the crap I have to put up with every day on multiple toons. At least the constant barrage of mudballs has ceased.

I don’t have a merchant or banker for the same reason.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to do writs in my home, but if I have to buy an assistant with crowns I will not do it. Despite the crap I have to put up with every day on multiple toons. At least the constant barrage of mudballs has ceased.

I don’t have a merchant or banker for the same reason.

I feel a writ carrier would best be purchased with writ vouchers. Just seems fitting. But also bound, so you can't resell for gold. It should be a symbol of crafting prowess.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5) Wardens can have their own bears squat on their crafting stations and writ boxes blocking the interaction.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crafting areas are the social hubs