The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The next update is enough to kill the BG even more?

Khatou
Khatou
✭✭✭✭
I had flown over the info on the upcoming update and saw some shocking stuff like the nerve for the impenetrable trait and the wizard's crystal which should do even more damage by a damage multiplier system if I thought I saw it or something.

Well, I haven't seen all the stuff I need to worry about yet, so I'm counting on you to bring it up.

The BG is already unbearable right now am I the only one who thought the goal is to eliminate BG players?

Currently we have :

- An unplayable movement system for some weapons, not being able to follow the player's movements (we should make the movement that gives a real feeling that the character WALKS AND RUNS and not, what the game makes you feel now, it feels more like sliding on the ground like an "eel"...)

- AOE as powerful and devastating as an ulti attack.

- a two-handed weapon so ubiquitous and overpowering that it's virtually impossible to deal with.

- A blocking system that allows the opponent to eliminate a target in 2 temps 3 movements.

- Magic players favoured with disconcerting ease.

- A strong complication of heal for stams for some classes practically nothing.

- A strong sensation that stam attacks are twice as dodgy as magic and sometimes just penetrating.

- Chaosball damage is sometimes overwhelming.

- Insufficient resistance for dps.

It's bad enough they decide to make the situation even more catastrophic than it already is, right?

• the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play BGs quite a bit and I'm not sure what some of your complaints are even referring to.

Beyond that, you're even complaining about Stam being weak while simultaneously complaining about 2H weapons being overpowered.

As far as upcoming changes go, the only significant changes for sorcerers are changes to hard cast Crystal fragments (which nobody uses anyway), and Crystal Blast getting replaced by a stamina morph that's a lot like Imbue Weapon in the Psijic line. Additionally, the nerf to impen is small and might actually help build diversity (particularly when combined with the base crit resistance that was added with Greymoor).

The main change that's going to affect PvP is the total rebalance of armor set bonuses. Some people think the changes are going to result in a meta where everyone builds as a tank and relies on their sets for damage, but I'm not convinced. My expectation is that you'll have more viable build options instead of less.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All classes can still do well in BGs if played to their strengths and played well. Is it easier for some classes than others? Yes, but that is going to the case in any mmo. Balance is never perfect.

I don't expect this to change much with the next update.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    fed up with having to play like a tank, if I'm dps I want to be dps, on one of my NBs I play, if I play full set dps, I only have 11k of unplayable resistance...

Without forgetting the difficult stam managed, between running, dodging and our attacks, especially if we have to play with sets like new moon...

Impossible to cope with.

• pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »
    fed up with having to play like a tank, if I'm dps I want to be dps, on one of my NBs I play, if I play full set dps, I only have 11k of unplayable resistance...

Without forgetting the difficult stam managed, between running, dodging and our attacks, especially if we have to play with sets like new moon...

Impossible to cope with.

This.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khatou wrote: »

Impossible to cope with.

If you want to play like a dps you can perfectly do so. You just have to be fine with the fact that someone who builds purely for dps is not gonna be tanky at all and will thus also die more often than players who build tanky.
    You can not really expect to Play a dps with a Ton of dmg and at the Same time being as tanky as people who actually Made their build around being able to Take some dmg.
    The tanky builds also dont have your damage so its kinda strange to assume you would be as tanky.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All classes can still do well in BGs if played to their strengths and played well. Is it easier for some classes than others? Yes, but that is going to the case in any mmo. Balance is never perfect.

I mean some classes don't bring much to the table, especially at high MMR.
    Nightblade can't really do much against stacked groups, templars are too weak to be Frontline fighters in no cp etc.
    Wardens, dks, magsorcs are the name of the game in bgs these days.
    Than you stack up, spam aoes, cross heals and no one will touch you.
    Basically like a ball group.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Nightblade can't really do much against stacked groups, templars are too weak to be Frontline fighters in no cp etc.

NB are a bit of an outlier. If one class was behind the others in BGs, it's NB. But it's still very possible to do well with them, just harder to do so.

And when you stack the slightly better classes against the slightly weaker, the weaker ones will struggle. But barring the effects of team composition, classes are on fairly even footing.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

NB are a bit of an outlier. If one class was behind the others in BGs, it's NB. But it's still very possible to do well with them, just harder to do so.

And when you stack the slightly better classes against the slightly weaker, the weaker ones will struggle. But barring the effects of team composition, classes are on fairly even footing.

But you can't ignore team compositions,
    Wardens and dks poop out aoe like no one else, and at high MMR ppl won't leave their groups as much, so you'll have less of a chance to pick off individual targets.
    Anyway my point was that some classes simply work better with procsets than others, period.
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    If you want to play like a dps you can perfectly do so. You just have to be fine with the fact that someone who builds purely for dps is not gonna be tanky at all and will thus also die more often than players who build tanky.

Peroblem is TANKY character does more damage to DAMAGE GEARED character than GAMAGE GEARED character does to TANKY character.
    ESO is the one game where you are able to be tanky and kill people pretty easy, most ofther games tank means meh or very low damage but high survivability. Not here.