The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Aurbis

Eporem
Eporem
✭✭✭
Would there be more lore of the Aurbis besides the book, Myth of the Aurbis - subtitled Psijic Compensation and what Lawrence Schick mentioned in a loremasters archive that the Cosmic prinicples of Order and Chaos pervade Aurbis.

I first came across the Aurbis in reading the book - Myth of the Aurbis - and it made sense to me that there would be a plane (this grey center between the is/is not of these two cosmic principles) where what was created from Order and Chaos, would have existed, the original spirits, the et'Ada.

Though where would this exist in the Cosmos of Mundus (the Myth of the Aurbis says It contains the multitude realms of Aetherius and Oblivion, as well as other, less structured forms) and I have also read in theories, that it is the Universe and in other theories, a multiuniverses (which I take to mean multiple seperate universes much like the multitude realms of Aetherius and Oblivion mentioned in the Myth of Aurbis)

and do all creation myths refer to some sort of original spirit, the First Born Spirits of the interplay between Order and Chaos or Third born if once there was one, then two, then three.

so far I think these do in reading their creation myths.

Elves - Auri-El
Argonians - Atakota
Yokudans - Satakal
Khajiit - Alkosh
Men - I don't think to have come across their creation myth
Nords - I don't think to have come across their creation myth either

UESP had an image at Lore:Aurbis

13Ip1AD.jpg

which reminded me of a Nebula -

Edited by Eporem on August 10, 2020 12:05AM
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmer, the original elves, are direct descendants of the Aedra, and consider themselves the original people. Note that the supreme god in their pantheon is Auri-El, not Akatosh (same god but different name and behaviour). All elven races diversified from Aldmer and came to believe in different gods.

Lorkhan convinced the Aedra to create Mundus and is the precursor and defender of mortal races. At least in Aldmer mythology, he led men against mer (who were led by Auri-El).
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    @Athan1 - thankyou - you are right it is Auri-El not Akatosh and I will change the name now.
    Edited by Eporem on August 7, 2020 1:03PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/concerning-psijic-order-and-psijic-endeavor

Vehk's Teaching (an out-of-game source):

Vivec says...
    ...Anu’s son, the Time Dragon, was formed in reaction to Padhome’s influence. In effect, Anu had finally done something. This inconceivable effect gave rise to an equally inconceivable cause, and so PSJJJJ was named...

This adds some clarity to the Psjjjj, Anu, Padomay narrative. It implies that it was the creation of Akatosh (i.e. time) that separated Anu-Padomay from the Psjjjj, separating the finite Aurbis from the infinite void.
    PC EU
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/concerning-psijic-order-and-psijic-endeavor

Vivec says...
    ...Anu’s son, the Time Dragon, was formed in reaction to Padhome’s influence. In effect, Anu had finally done something. This inconceivable effect gave rise to an equally inconceivable cause, and so PSJJJJ was named...

This adds some clarity to the Psjjjj, Anu, Padomay narrative. It implies that it was the creation of Akatosh (i.e. time) that separated Anu-Padomay from the Psjjjj, separating the finite Aurbis from the infinite void.

@RaddlemanNumber7 - I am not quite sure if I understand this..though it seems similar to what is said in the Myth of the Aurbis...

The magical beings, then, having died, became the et’Ada. The et’Ada are the things perceived and revered by the mortals as gods, spirits, or geniuses of Aurbis. Through their deaths, these magical beings separated themselves in nature from the other magical beings of the Unnatural realms.

I went on to read of the Psijic Endeavor - and what is written there,

It is a return to the first brush of Anu-Padomay, where stasis and change created possibility.

is what I think the Aurbis might be - the Realm of Possibility - where all Creation Myths come from - where all of these are true - though I think for this to be, the Aurbis would have to be made up of multiple universes.

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »

Vivec says...

@RaddlemanNumber7 - I am not quite sure if I understand this..though it seems similar to what is said in the Myth of the Aurbis...

The magical beings, then, having died, became the et’Ada. The et’Ada are the things perceived and revered by the mortals as gods, spirits, or geniuses of Aurbis. Through their deaths, these magical beings separated themselves in nature from the other magical beings of the Unnatural realms.

I went on to read of the Psijic Endeavor - and what is written there,

It is a return to the first brush of Anu-Padomay, where stasis and change created possibility.

is what I think the Aurbis might be - the Realm of Possibility - where all Creation Myths come from - where all of these are true - though I think for this to be, the Aurbis would have to be made up of multiple universes.

The Divines "die" at the end of the Dawn Era when the Mundus is formed (except maybe for the rebellious Magnus). The Divines "die" by giving up their individuality.

It's at the very beginning of the Aurbis when Anu-Padomay (the basic constituents of the Aurbis) became separated from Psjjjj (the infinite and eternal void). This is when Akatosh first appears and before the emergence of the other great Divines. It's at the beginning of the Dawn Era.

The Psijic Endeavour is also known as Lorkhan's test. It's mentioned in the book Spirit of Nirn...

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Spirit_of_Nirn,_God_of_Mortals
    PC EU
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    thank you @RaddlemanNumber7 for the explanation....I found myself reading more of these Vehk's teachings - this out of game source where some topics touch upon the Aurbis and see how to understand them.

So questions...

From this:

What created the Wheel

Anu and Padhome, stasis and change, both vast realms sitting in the void, they created it. Not vast, infinite, as the void was infinite. Imagine an infinity enclosed by another; you come away with a bubble. Now watch as the two bubbles touch. Their intersection is a perfect circle of pattern and possibility that we shall call the Aurbis. The Aurbis is the foundation of the Wheel.

would the green potion of these two circles/bubbles (Anu/Padhome) intersecting be the Aurbis...it does sorta look like an I/eye when turned sideways...

e8n26fw.png

also I liked what was said in this teaching of first borns:

As the process of subcreation continued, both Anu and Padhome awakened. For to see your antithesis is to finally awaken. Each gave birth to their souls, Auriel and Sithis, and these souls regarded the Aurbis each in their own part, and from this came the etada, the original patterns. These etada eventually congealed.

Anu’s firstborn, for he mostly desired order, was time, anon Akatosh. Padhome’s firstborn went wandering from the start, changing as he went, and wanted no name but was branded with Lorkhan. As time allowed more and more patterns to individualize, Lorkhan watched the Aurbis shape itself and grew equally delighted and tired with each new shaping. As the gods and demons of the Aurbis erupted, the get of Padhome tried to leave it all behind for he wanted all of it and none of it all at once. It was then that he came to the border of the Aurbis.

and this that could explain how all creation myths are true...

More about Aedra - Daedra

"Sons and daughters of" should be read as associates of/associated with, especially insofar as this association was a conscious choice.

Today the common parlance is that only the eight that followed Lorkhan and created the Mundus are truly "Aedra," but this is folly. Some were not even the strongest of the Aetherius-aligned etada at the time, but were made as such by their creation of the dawn.

Remember, even the word "Daedra" started as a youthful rebellion.

I promised no riddles, but we speak here of the family-trees of the earliest divine planets, thrones, and seekers. Aurbis was created from the two, its energies coalesced into first forms, and these in turn made of the Aurbis what they could; keep sons and daughters in that context and it becomes easier to see them.

Edited by Eporem on August 9, 2020 8:00PM