The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Orsinium > the other events

Soullise
Soullise
✭✭✭
I would say Witches Festival and Undaunted are close second.

but like...where are they?
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium is usually in August. But it also happened in November: https://nairinhe.github.io/
    Witches is always around Halloween and Undaunted is whenever ZOS gets dungeon finder working :)
    Maybe someone decided that a tail of Summerset event and QuakeCon and DLC launch is enough for one month.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well no events in September as there was no announcemenr of tickest in the crown store showcase for August. I have a sneaky suspicion next event will be about Western Skyrim (based on datamined stuff) as Wtiches is in October my guess is that we might not see Orsinium this year. They're lso running out of space in the calendar to run events for every dlc plus MYM, Witches, New Life, Jester, Undaunted and Anniversary each year so my guess is they're going to cut back on them and maybe do a couple a year in addition to events focusing on that years chapter and dlc.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well no events in September as there was no announcemenr of tickest in the crown store showcase for August.

Why? It means no events in August, for September we have to wait for September showcase. Most likely we are getting IC event.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Well no events in September as there was no announcemenr of tickest in the crown store showcase for August.

Why? It means no events in August, for September we have to wait for September showcase. Most likely we are getting IC event.

Sorry brain glitch. I meant that earliest time we're getting an event would be in September as there were no tickets in the August showcase. I think I was trying to write two different sentences at once and ended up with gibberish.
    As for IC, it appears like it might have been merged with MYM this year and possibly in the future. Though if they move the two sole pvp events of the game into one there's gping to be a spectacular drama on the forum.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sorry brain glitch. I meant that earliest time we're getting an event would be in September as there were no tickets in the August showcase. I think I was trying to write two different sentences at once and ended up with gibberish.
    As for IC, it appears like it might have been merged with MYM this year and possibly in the future. Though if they move the two sole pvp events of the game into one there's gping to be a spectacular drama on the forum.

Ah. Happens to the best of us =)
    MYM always had IC reward too, no? I think the difference is that dedicated IC event includes dungeons for additional drop and MYM doesn't
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MYM always had IC reward too, no? I think the difference is that dedicated IC event includes dungeons for additional drop and MYM doesn't

MYM had some IC rewards but it never involved tickets or anything grand. It was double AP, which was true of all way to gain that except from login rewars and tel var. But as IC is a dlc and one they gave away for free last year because it was, and is, that unpopular, I could see them deciding to skip that one in favpr of mire popular dlcs and just roll it into MYM completely.
    As I said they have too many dlcs as it is and no way to make celebrations for all of them.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

MYM had some IC rewards but it never involved tickets or anything grand. It was double AP, which was true of all way to gain that except from login rewars and tel var. But as IC is a dlc and one they gave away for free last year because it was, and is, that unpopular, I could see them deciding to skip that one in favpr of mire popular dlcs and just roll it into MYM completely.
    As I said they have too many dlcs as it is and no way to make celebrations for all of them.

I believe IC event was on PTS though and they have an outfit style related to it, so they seem to be planning for it.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Though if they move the two sole pvp events of the game into one there's gping to be a spectacular drama on the forum.

Not as spectacular as the thought of needing to PVP to get the second two Mossheart Indrik berries.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Though if they move the two sole pvp events of the game into one there's gping to be a spectacular drama on the forum.

Not as spectacular as the thought of needing to PVP to get the second two Mossheart Indrik berries.

Lol no, that would be epic. Though if we do get an IC event for the last two berries WGT should be an option for tickets so no actual need to pvp. But the amount of threads popping up where that would be needed to be explained again and again would be... well if that happens lets just say I'm getting popcorn in that case.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal favourite would be the Jester's fest, because the dialogues and voice acting still crack me up even after all these years. However, I would love an Orsinium event come-back with double VMA drops for the perfected version.
  • Soullise
    Soullise
    ✭✭✭
    I would say the most essential events are the following:

New Life: b/c start of the year
    (whatever the x2 daily writ rewards event were)
    Mid-year: b/c PvP'ers need love
    Witches: b/c iconic
    Undaunted: b/c PvE'ers need love
    Greymoor (Or whatever the most recent expansion is)
    Orsinium: b/c this zone needs love from time to time + gear farm
    DB+Thieves: b/c RP'ers need love

What is not essential and should only be used to fill the calendar:
    Summerset
    Morrowind
    Murkmire
    Elsweyr
    (Literally everything else)
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget dragon event... maybe in September ?
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget dragon event... maybe in September ?

Dragon Rise was chapter event, like Summerfall before it, and will be replaced with this year's chapter's event. And yes, it should happen sometime in late September - early October
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    I think the next event will be the Lost Treasures of Skyrim Event. Tianlein has a video on youtube from the PTS that shows the Impresario as having the Mossheart berries of bloom, budding and growth only, not ripeness. That would seem like this is the next event and only one new berry added. It looks like we can also earn the new Sovngarde Stalwart outfit style page as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVIuscXePEQ
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soullise wrote: »
    I would say the most essential events are the following:

New Life: b/c start of the year
    (whatever the x2 daily writ rewards event were)
    Mid-year: b/c PvP'ers need love
    Witches: b/c iconic
    Undaunted: b/c PvE'ers need love
    Greymoor (Or whatever the most recent expansion is)
    Orsinium: b/c this zone needs love from time to time + gear farm
    DB+Thieves: b/c RP'ers need love

What is not essential and should only be used to fill the calendar:
    Summerset
    Morrowind
    Murkmire
    Elsweyr
    (Literally everything else)

You forgot Jester's and Anniversary and Orsinium is imo no more worthy of love than any other dlc zone.
  • JessPushToPlay
    JessPushToPlay
    ✭✭✭
    I really with ZOS could just have a regular schedule (besides the annual Witches, New Life, etc)-- I like knowing what is coming up so I can take off time from work if needed. I really enjoyed Summerset (great drops!) but my life was so busy this year, I was only able to log in once or twice!

I'd love if ZOS just sat down & said-- for each Chapter we drop, their event will occur xxx (specific month, maybe just over a Thur-Mon) 1-2x per year & have a large celebration once every 3-5 years that lasts the 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. The chapter events would only occur once a month (when nothing else is going on).

And something similar for the DLC locations- maybe do a rotating schedule per fiscal year (that we can all see somewhere), so 1 DLC event (Clockwork City/Murkmire, etc) within a Quarter (3 months), a new one the next?
    PC & PS4 | NA