The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Client desyncs in Cyrodiil

SniperDaria
SniperDaria
✭✭✭✭
The last month or so my wife has been having an issue in Cyrodiil where her client will lose track of her position on the server. when it happens her abilities stop working and she can't res people, mount or go into stealth for a minute or so and then she will suddenly snap to a different location (frequently but not always dead). It isn't like a disconnect, because she can still see what other players are doing, it's just her character that the client can't seem to track.

She is playing on a PC which meets or exceeds all of the recommended system requirements. We have a 1GB broadband plan (typically we see about 800 mbps download and 50 mbps upload)

I tried going in and forwarding the recommended ports in our modem/router. This did not help. Some days it only happens infrequently. Some days it is constant to the point she can not play.

Any idea what might be causing this? It only started happening after Greymoor came out.

Thanks
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Cyrodiil due to PvP can often be more prone to lag and desync depending on the amount of players on screen. You can try the troubleshooting steps here and here which may improve the desyncing.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ yeah forget that. It's not your pc, or your network. it's ZOS. Frankly they should be ashamed of themselves directing you to those links at this point. Tsk tsk forum mods.

I'm betting your wife uses a gap closer? Get rid of it. Thank me later.
    Edited by technohic on August 5, 2020 3:43AM