Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 1, 2020 6:19PM
EDIT: Revised format
Instead of the distinction between Dungeons as being Normal or Veteran, we pool both types together and divide them by Difficulty: Easy, Medium, and Hard based on statistics of how frequently parties disband instead of completing the dungeon successfully.
Further, the reward structure for Daily Random and Pledges is changed:
- Players can still queue for any dungeon, but they can also queue for a group of dungeons by Difficulty.
- Players can only pick up two Undaunted Pledges per day from a pool of six: Two Easy Dungeons, two Medium Dungeons, and two Hard Dungeons. Ideally, players who are competent at harder dungeons will naturally choose pledges from the higher difficulty dungeons. If they are in over their head they can drop the Pledge and choose an easier one.
- By limiting the Pledges but expanding the options, we encourage players to choose what fits the time they have or their ability if they want more rewards. Instead of trying to get all Pledges even if they are not experienced and geared enough to do certain Pledges; or choosing a too-easy Pledge and disrupting players who are trying to learn dungeons at that level.
- Undaunted Pledges provide Keys according to difficulty: 1 Key for Easy, 2 Keys for Medium, 3 Keys for Hard, plus one Key for completing a dungeon in Hard Mode.
- Daily Random Dungeon will give more rewards if a harder dungeon is picked.
Suppose the dungeons were sorted into three difficulty groups -- Easy, Medium, and Hard.
Everyone can queue anything at anytime, BUT you cannot necessarily get Undaunted Keys or Daily Random Bonus unless you are in the "correct" difficulty group.
Everyone starts in Easy and cannot get rewards from Medium or Hard dungeons. Easy awards 1 key.
You can be promoted to Medium if you successfully complete a Medium dungeon with certain achievements (e.g., no death run). At that point, you can no longer earn Undaunted Keys or Daily Random Bonus from Easy dungeons. Medium awards 2 keys.
You can be promoted to Hard if you successfully complete a Hard dungeon with certain achievements. At that point you can no longer earn Undaunted Keys or Daily Random Bonus from Easy or Medium Dungeons. Hard awards 3 keys.
(EDIT: made promotion optional, not mandatory, so players can stay in lower difficulty)
If you cheat the system and get a carry, good luck to you in getting future keys. Get good fast.
The net effect is to sort players into "leagues" -- Those who think they are top tier can stay in Hard and when they try to Group Finder a team for a Pledge or Daily Random, they will hopefully get people who are ready for those dungeons.
Players who are still entry level can learn with those at a similar level without having some over-qualified person mess up their run.