The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS Please Explain WHY

TheSixth
TheSixth
Soul Shriven
Why can't ZOS upgrade their server system, instead of Loosing long time players. There was a time, not to long ago where another three worded game LOST a ton of their loyal fans. because of what Blizzzard/Acti did to the game. I have played ESO since Beta. One reason is BECAUSE of the combat system. Suggesting a 3 sec GCD makes the game on the same par as WoW. Whoever thought of this must of been an Ex-Blizzard/Acti fanboi who now works for ZOS. This is going to be such a DISASTER.

The Player base are the Customers. Theirs on old saying, 'The Customer is Always Right'.. We PAY your salaries, We buy from your Crown Store. IT DOESN'T have to be this way.

I'm an Ex-IT worker. THERE ARE WAYS TO FIX THE LAG ISSUES W/O FUNDAMENTALLY, AND SYSTEMATICALLY KILLING SUCH A GREAT GAME.

Please use your heads and come up with a different WAY of handling YOUR issues. WE, the Players are NOT RESPONSIBLE for any of this, WE JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR GAME.

Signed by a FRUSTRATED ESO Player...
Coven, NA
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so I'm curious to hear/read how you would fix the server issues? Where would you start?

I honestly wouldn't know. I'm just an ex-marine who loves to escape into this game.
    Edited by BisDasBlutGefriert on July 31, 2020 5:36PM
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheSixth wrote: »
    Theirs on old saying, 'The Customer is Always Right'.

People stopped saying it because the world changed. Enough customers became unreasonable that the saying became wrong.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on July 31, 2020 5:38PM
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know WOW is still the second most popular MMO behind Minecraft, so no big losses from those loyal players.

Zos know they are doing something radical, which is why they have explained what and why they are doing it. They are testing it on the live server, they have 4 different tests they are doing, I think they are taking a whole month to do these tests. I'd imagine they will do more tests after they have the data from the proposed ones.

.....they are not springing some massive change on the players out of the blue.

Good luck finding a popular MMO without some form of cooldowns, I honestly can't think of any. If you can't find any, then ask yourself why the only one that doesn't have cooldowns has the problems it does (if you can't answer it try here , the guy gives a good idea of what it could be).
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Theirs on old saying, 'The Customer is Always Right'.

People stopped saying it because the world changed. Enough customers became unreasonable that the saying became wrong.

Is it so unreasonable to ask for a working game?
  • TheSixth
    TheSixth
    Soul Shriven
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its "The customer is always right about what they want." A crucial distinction.

See, I want my MagDK to be buffed into the stratosphere and all the rest of you to be nerfed into bedrock, but that only makes me right about what I want. It doesn't make me right about what's best for the game. :smiley:

Or a more serious example, I didn't buy Greymoor because it offered very little gameplay-changing content for a too-high price. I'm right about what I wanted...but you'll notice that ZOS didn't cater to me and a goodly portion of the playerbase bought Greymoor as is.

In this case, I'd certainly say we're right about what we want. That gives us the right to keep playing the game, to offer feedback and constructive criticism, and to vote with our wallets as needed.

It doesn't necessarily make our feedback and ideas correct or require that the devs cater to our desires.
    Edited by VaranisArano on August 1, 2020 8:13PM
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theirs on old saying, 'The Customer is Always Right'..

And it was never true. The customer is not remotely "always right". Frequently, the customer is a flippin' idiot.
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know WOW is still the second most popular MMO behind Minecraft, so no big losses from those loyal players.

Zos know they are doing something radical, which is why they have explained what and why they are doing it. They are testing it on the live server, they have 4 different tests they are doing, I think they are taking a whole month to do these tests. I'd imagine they will do more tests after they have the data from the proposed ones.

.....they are not springing some massive change on the players out of the blue.

Good luck finding a popular MMO without some form of cooldowns, I honestly can't think of any. If you can't find any, then ask yourself why the only one that doesn't have cooldowns has the problems it does (if you can't answer it try here , the guy gives a good idea of what it could be).

Minecraft isn't an MMO.

The top three most popular in this order as of right now are:

WoW
    FFXIV
    ESO

Been like that for a bit.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »

WoW
    FFXIV
    ESO

I can't verify that, but if true, it gives ZOS plenty of opportunity to say:

1xotlg.jpg
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SlimeBro1
    SlimeBro1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    SlimeBro1 wrote: »

WoW
    FFXIV
    ESO

I can't verify that, but if true, it gives ZOS plenty of opportunity to say:

1xotlg.jpg

https://bestreamer.com/gaming/most-played-mmorpg-2019/2/

This is a statistic that is constantly updated (thus why it was released in 2019), but the current stats are for 2020.

Population wise it goes ---> WoW ---> FFXIV ---> ESO.

Which I think is pretty great! ESO is up there with the big bois
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you think if all it took to fix the game is upgrade the servers they would have done it long ago? It would make the players happy, would be a relative quick fix and would also be cost effective.

Sometimes an upgrade isn't the answer. You were in IT so you know this.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you okay with losing everything and starting from scratch?
    Because thats what will happen if they replace the servers.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    are you okay with losing everything and starting from scratch?
    Because thats what will happen if they replace the servers.

True. You won't expect them to backup their database with basic account information like your identity and your inventory. :trollface: