The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ZOS... you missed Strength of the Automaton in next chapter updates

honey_badger82
honey_badger82
✭✭✭✭
I mentioned this in an earlier and much lengthier post earlier but I think it should have its own post.

This set may not be super popular or considered "meta" but I do use it and its more of a principle thing. Every single other similar set like Sword Singer is getting a buff, specifically the direct magicka counter part to Strength of the Automaton; War Maiden is getting a buff. So my question is why are you leaving this set out ZOS? In all fairness it should be included.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because Automaton would also effect light attacks.

War Maiden technically effects Restoration Staff light attacks, but they are so far behind the others in damage it's totally irrelevant. War Maiden does not effect elemental damage of any sort. Only damage that specifies Magic Damage, such as Swallow Soul, or Entropy.
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭

War Maiden technically effects Restoration Staff light attacks, but they are so far behind the others in damage it's totally irrelevant. War Maiden does not effect elemental damage of any sort. Only damage that specifies Magic Damage, such as Swallow Soul, or Entropy.

Don't Spider Cultist and the rest of the weapon-themed sets affect light attacks, and yet they got buffed?
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MopeyHat wrote: »

Don't Spider Cultist and the rest of the weapon-themed sets affect light attacks, and yet they got buffed?

Only effects destro abilities and light attacks off a destro staff. Doesn't effect any non-destro skill or magicka damage ability or light attacks from any other weapon..
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 31, 2020 2:30PM
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably run war maiden on my magblade. If they changed this, id definitely run automaton on my stamplar
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Automaton is already a good stam set, but yes, they should bring all the sets up to the same standard for their type.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭

True but no one light attacks for its massive damage output, its resource conservation and to keep ultimate generating. And the fact that destro staff abilities ignore 10% spell resistance I think more than makes up for a boost to melee weapon light and heavy attacks. Heck a buff to 500 instead of 600 like the other sets would be fair if the light and heavy attacks were the reason they left it out.
    Sword singer and the other weapon or class ability specific boosting sets were at 450 due to it being a niche boost. I would think those sets should be boosted to 650 in keeping with that since War Maiden buffs from 400 to 600. A dps magplar using only Templar abilities for damage (most do magic damage except sun fire)makes War Maiden with its new buff a pretty damn strong option in my opinion.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True but no one light attacks for its massive damage output

Mag dds said hi... Ez 20k...
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭

True but no one light attacks for its massive damage output, its resource conservation and to keep ultimate generating. And the fact that destro staff abilities ignore 10% spell resistance I think more than makes up for a boost to melee weapon light and heavy attacks. Heck a buff to 500 instead of 600 like the other sets would be fair if the light and heavy attacks were the reason they left it out.
    Sword singer and the other weapon or class ability specific boosting sets were at 450 due to it being a niche boost. I would think those sets should be boosted to 650 in keeping with that since War Maiden buffs from 400 to 600. A dps magplar using only Templar abilities for damage (most do magic damage except sun fire)makes War Maiden with its new buff a pretty damn strong option in my opinion.

Do you even PvE, bro?
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »

Do you even PvE, bro?

Well apparently I am doing it wrong cause with 3.7k base unbuffed physical damage on character page... I haven't seen a 20k light attack hit with a 2 hander and glyph firing. I mean why would I use jabs ever if every light attack did 20k easy damage? Oh well I guess the numbers on my screen showing the damage I am doing must be broke
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you even PvE, bro?

Well apparently I am doing it wrong cause with 3.7k base unbuffed physical damage on character page... I haven't seen a 20k light attack hit with a 2 hander and glyph firing. I mean why would I use jabs ever if every light attack did 20k easy damage? Oh well I guess the numbers on my screen showing the damage I am doing must be broke

Because you can light attack and jabs within the same global cooldown... that’s the whole premise of weaving and animation canceling.

Edited for grammar
    Edited by virtus753 on July 31, 2020 5:51PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you even PvE, bro?

You do both. Light attacks are #1 source of damage for good endgame PvE groups. Because you can do a 20k light attack before every skill you activate. Light attacks are so powerful that they are essentially the difference between good damage groups and bad. The good groups maximize the damage of their light attacks and more consistently squeeze in light attacks between skills.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you even PvE, bro?

Then you need to look more carefully. It's of course hard to see exact numbers when you play on console like I do, but in execute phase with all sorts of buffs - the light attacks hits "about'ish" those numbers no doubt, at least on my magblade. If there's lag and ****, and my LA weaving doesn't work properly, the damage is significantly lower. So yes, you do use light attacks for massive damage output.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    400->450 Weapon Damage to physical attacks, at least.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do you even PvE, bro?

Because light attacks are free damage. Not only do they cost nothing but they don't slow down the speed you are able to cast your abilities.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    So with my character I use StoA on... at the target dummy in my house with just light attacks buffed with flawless dawnbreaker and rally, jabs to keep major savagery up... my best hit with glyph proc was probably around 12k. 2h sword hits alone highest was 7.8k. Now over time sure this does add up I can admit to being a bit wrong there but both people saying that their light attacks hit harder than that admittedly said they were magicka users not stamina. That only stands to prove my point that StoA deserves a buff too. I'm sure there are meta players out there that can get 20k light attack hits but I hate cookie cutter and like my own unique builds so with that character having 3.4k unbuffed base physical damage about 12k was best I could do so a 200 pt buff like the rest isn't going to send my numbers soaring.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destro Light attacks and elemental weapon are pretty fun to watch a pvper health bar disappear.
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    It is sort of meta, as it's recommended by Alcast for a Stamina Sorcerer 2H Build PvE DPS for those who haven't got the BIS trial gear.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro Light attacks and elemental weapon are pretty fun to watch a pvper health bar disappear.

You should see destro lights attacks with a maelstrom back bar with your wall of elements active and elemental weapon. Light attacks hitting harder than some skills. I’m looking forward to war maiden changes just to try this setup out. Gonna throw that plus ilambris on my Templar and have some fun.
  • honey_badger82
    honey_badger82
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything here actually proves my point... literally everyone who is talking about the damage they can do are all magicka based! That Alcast build has no more damage potential than one of my stamina orc bow/bow wardens does and again she doesn't get 20k light attack hits with having an 90% crit damage increase due to CP and minor force.
    So if all the others like it are getting a buff then StoA deserves one too