The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add friendly fire to AoEs in Cyrodiil.

nesakinter
nesakinter
✭✭✭✭
Easy fix for ball groups. Add friendly fire on AoE for groups in Cyrodiil :)

No more Harmony bombing and AoE spamming without repercussions :)

No cooldowns needed :)
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The server would have a meltdown.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    The server would have a meltdown.

Quite the oppposite as 90% of the zergs would end up killing themselves.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As funny and ridiculous as it sounds, it is the one definitive solution for ball groups honestly. There is a reason most games with *** ton of AoEs have ally collision and friendly fire.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmoa wutt
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, imagine the trolling level.... So nope...
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would definitely pose more problems than it solves I fear lol.

Too many of those Bashars/Bombers, would delight in Bombing their own groups...literally. NB Bombers would kill their own people as much as enemies, Youtube, rinse repeat.

Also No pug would clear any 4 man content. Poor Tanks hehe. Yeah I'd like to see that as a Test for a week lol. j/k I really would not. No test needed to know what would occur.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Only if I get AP for killing my friends.
    "Play with your friends" :joy::D
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hell no, servers would implode violently, rather than merely melting down...
    :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats a *** good point
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »

Would that include self-fire?

Not keen on the idea of dying to my own aoes. :s
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine bombing your own alliance. :lol:
    The amount of toxicity this would create...
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d pay to see the hammer ultimate with friendly fire turned on. I’m sure that Sheogorath would approve.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would overall double the amount of players an AOE could hit, meaning more server calculations/strain.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it is the right solution, but it definitely is funny :lol:
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

hahahahaha....the field of battle would be a wasteland, good show!

Cheers!
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

🤢, but also :trollface::lol:

Doesn't viscous death have friendly fire?
    Edited by mairwen85 on July 31, 2020 12:06PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

🤢, but also :trollface::lol:

Doesn't viscous death have friendly fire?

Only in the sense that you can get your faction mates killed by being the weakest link that the bomber targets.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now have the hilarious mental image of my MagDK popping Volatile Armor and my groupmates getting smacked with a graceful of fiery porcupine quills.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really, really like the idea of friendly fire, and not just in PvP. Imagine having to consider if you can drop a ground AoE depending on your team composition and fight configuration. Of course, this would require making many skills non-AoE or they would probably be dropped by most players in group settings, but I think it would be hugely entertaining.
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    +100% to immersion,
    +100% to toxicity
    +100% to happiness of repair services
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you're going full tiktoked, add single target damage going to allies and direct/aoe heals going to enemies.
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the solo players are trying to turn Cyro into solo land even though they have BGs.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd proudly fight for the NC again. Oh wait...
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cool with it I would troll kill my own Alliance members
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have friendly fire, you must in first place design skills for this if you want fun and not frustrating experience. It won't happen beacuse PvE is more important part of game. It's nice idea but don't fit ESO combat.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woah. I'd love to see a friendly fire AOE campaign option l. Whew... Wow yeah Imagine that carnage
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    This would overall double the amount of players an AOE could hit, meaning more server calculations/strain.

While I think this idea is ridiculous (of course). For each AoE cast it would increase the number of potential players being hit and increase server computations. I think the idea was that hardly anyone would be casting AoE anymore due to friendly fire risk, which would decrease the overall server computation.

Of course we all know it would never work out like that. It would just be a massive trollfest.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play in a organized pvp group often and I would find FF extremely amusing. You got my vote..
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lose AP if you do friendly fire and your faction member die. Also if you do too much friendly fire you should be thrown out from you faction, living as an outsider and only invited back as a mercenary if a faction member invite you to a group.