The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina DPS class-wise parse next patch?

catnamedwill
catnamedwill
✭✭✭
Having run Magicka DPS entirely for the last two patches in trials, would like to go stamina DPS for the upcoming patch. That being said, how are each stamina classes stacking up against one another in the next patch?

I have been hearing about stamblade DPS making a huge return next patch in trials from my raider guildies, even from my own tests in PTS, stamcro still seems to beat stamblade by a small edge. I am not experienced on the rotations of any other stamina classes apart from stamcro or stamblade, so it would nice if someone experienced in those classes could comment on their performance.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On live:

Necro
    Templar
    Sorc
    Nightblade
    DK
    Warden

On PTS probably just switch Sorc and Nightblade
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @brandoncoffmannub18_ESO From what I have seen in raiding discords like TRE, stamblade is outparsing stamplar and pretty much tied with stamcro.
  • Pterion87
    Pterion87
    ✭✭
    Dk on the bottom
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PTS, pretty much every stamina DPS got nerfed by the changes to Rele and Lokke, at least as far parses go.

However in case of Stamina Nightblade, they received some really spicy buffs for DPS with the Master Assassin, Executioner and Relentless Focus changes resulting them being the only class who stayed exactly where they are.

Also with the changes to AY, as well as resurgence of Acuity(for non-stamcros), critical hit chance increased across the board. This also coincides with the nerf to Shadow, making the newly added critical damage buff to Relentless Focus all the more important. Now NB has the highest Critical Hit damage of all classes higher than Templar too. While the crit damage does not affect the bow proc, it stays up for the entire execute phase, which is the stamblade's highest DPS phase compared to other classes.

From what I have seen, these are the highest parses from PTS across discords (higher ones maybe out there, just what I have seen)

Stamcro - 93.1k
    Stamblade - 92.9k
    Stamplar - 92.7k
    Stamsorc - 90.2k
    StamDK - 88.1k
    Stamden - 86.8k

While Stamcro does parse slightly higher than stamblade, keep in mind that Stamcro has Major Vulnerability already in its rotation, while Stamblade parses lacks it and still keeps up. This means that Stamblade will outDPS stamcros in actual fights.

Also another good class will be stamplar, which have virtually very similar DPS as Stamblade. That will most probably change in groups though, as Morag Tong usage will mean Stamblade will outDPS stamplar by a decent margin. Also stamblade sustain is much better than stamplar even on Live and the change to executioner solidifies it.

Next patch, stamina raids will be basically 3 stamcros for optimal uptime on Major Vulnerability, maybe one stamplar for Minor Fracture(which may not be needed anyways with the buff to Alkosh) and 4-5 Stamblades for the bulk of the DPS.
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nesakinter wrote: »
    In PTS, pretty much every stamina DPS got nerfed by the changes to Rele and Lokke, at least as far parses go.

However in case of Stamina Nightblade, they received some really spicy buffs for DPS with the Master Assassin, Executioner and Relentless Focus changes resulting them being the only class who stayed exactly where they are.

Also with the changes to AY, as well as resurgence of Acuity(for non-stamcros), critical hit chance increased across the board. This also coincides with the nerf to Shadow, making the newly added critical damage buff to Relentless Focus all the more important. Now NB has the highest Critical Hit damage of all classes higher than Templar too. While the crit damage does not affect the bow proc, it stays up for the entire execute phase, which is the stamblade's highest DPS phase compared to other classes.

From what I have seen, these are the highest parses from PTS across discords (higher ones maybe out there, just what I have seen)

Stamcro - 93.1k
    Stamblade - 92.9k
    Stamplar - 92.7k
    Stamsorc - 90.2k
    StamDK - 88.1k
    Stamden - 86.8k

While Stamcro does parse slightly higher than stamblade, keep in mind that Stamcro has Major Vulnerability already in its rotation, while Stamblade parses lacks it and still keeps up. This means that Stamblade will outDPS stamcros in actual fights.

Also another good class will be stamplar, which have virtually very similar DPS as Stamblade. That will most probably change in groups though, as Morag Tong usage will mean Stamblade will outDPS stamplar by a decent margin. Also stamblade sustain is much better than stamplar even on Live and the change to executioner solidifies it.

Next patch, stamina raids will be basically 3 stamcros for optimal uptime on Major Vulnerability, maybe one stamplar for Minor Fracture(which may not be needed anyways with the buff to Alkosh) and 4-5 Stamblades for the bulk of the DPS.

Problem with such a raid is that it won't still be available to compete with magicka as magicka ranged is dealing pretty same or more single target DPS as melee stamina and much much more cleave especially compared to stamblade DDs.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »

Stamcro - 93.1k
    Stamblade - 92.9k
    Stamplar - 92.7k
    Stamsorc - 90.2k
    StamDK - 88.1k
    Stamden - 86.8k

Problem with such a raid is that it won't still be available to compete with magicka as magicka ranged is dealing pretty same or more single target DPS as melee stamina and much much more cleave especially compared to stamblade DDs.

With what resources?
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Stamcro - 93.1k
    Stamblade - 92.9k
    Stamplar - 92.7k
    Stamsorc - 90.2k
    StamDK - 88.1k
    Stamden - 86.8k

With what resources?

Magcros and Magblades won't have sustain problems.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »

Stamcro - 93.1k
    Stamblade - 92.9k
    Stamplar - 92.7k
    Stamsorc - 90.2k
    StamDK - 88.1k
    Stamden - 86.8k

With what resources?

Magcros and Magblades won't have sustain problems.

so Magblades looking kinda sweet eh?

(not meaning to de-rail a Stam thread but ...yea... ;) )
    Edited by Joxer61 on August 1, 2020 10:44AM
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭

Stamcro - 93.1k
    Stamblade - 92.9k
    Stamplar - 92.7k
    Stamsorc - 90.2k
    StamDK - 88.1k
    Stamden - 86.8k

Thanks a lot for the detailed breakdown.
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭

How far ahead is magicka from stamina exactly? Is stamina totally unviable like the early vAS+2 days or is it more of a convention issue?
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My poor Stamwarden. Always so fun to play, always at the bottom of the pile...
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭

Wrong. With the nerf to Thrassion, stam DPS is back on top, albeit by a small margin of 1-2k DPS so the gain is pretty minor given the higher cleave and safety of magicka.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would honestly look for a class that you like and see if it suits you play style wise. If it does then shoot for a dps range/goal to hit. All of the classes parse far higher than you need in a raid so if you can hit the dps target you will be able to find a raid or raiding guild fairly easy.

I love my stamcro but it's wonky and I have plenty of stam friends who just can't stand the rotation or the inconsistency - they have their own stamcros but never use them because it's just not the class that works for them. They play other classes and some of them outparse me in raids because they are on builds they're comfortable with and they've put the time in to learn their rotation and class. Likewise, I have a magsorc who was created when they were the undisputed dps champs but who is now my crafter because that just wasn't the class for me no matter how much I wanted it to be.

I will say that for stamcro you're in demand for your ulti but because of that ulti you're sorta like an off-dps (is that a thing?) in certain vet trials because you're saving that ult for certain phases and you have to learn to coordinate with your fellow necros so that you can don't waste colossi. If you run those trials enough you learn when you can drop them on the boss and still have enough time to build up ulti for the ads but at first you'll just be sitting on ulti until the right time comes because in certain trials like vet Sunspire the necro ult is more important than anything you can do as a dps (seriously). It's not a lot of work but there are times when you see your boss damage go down because you have to use your ult on ad phases or because it has to be timed with other necros.
    Edited by morrowjen on August 2, 2020 2:02AM
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamcro - 93.1k
    Stamblade - 92.9k
    Stamplar - 92.7k
    Stamsorc - 90.2k
    StamDK - 88.1k
    Stamden - 86.8k

I honestly don't understand those nerfs given that most vet players had already moved away from them to other sets. Rele is a bit overpowered but it's only going to hurt beginners to nerf it. And I'm not sure lokke actually needed a nerf. What needed to happen is a fun trial with good gear. Instead we got a really long dungeon - an overpowered 12 person extension of Falkreath Hold/Bloodroot Forge dungeons with even less interesting gear.