The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cloaked yet you dodge right when I attack...

pauld1_ESO
pauld1_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Is this an add-on or just another example of someone cheating? If it is an add-on holy crap, come on ESO. Really???

It was just me and dude, I was far away and in stealth and even cloaked before a lethal shot and dude dodged it perfectly, wasn't anyone else around to attack. Man this PvP is the most frustrating *** I have ever played.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was miat's making a return until you said it was a morph of snipe. You can hear it coming before it lands.
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I turn off game music completely. Turn up footsteps 100%, and combat sounds to hear things like this. Miat doesn’t work anymore for notifications.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Is this an add-on or just another example of someone cheating? If it is an add-on holy crap, come on ESO. Really???

It was just me and dude, I was far away and in stealth and even cloaked before a lethal shot and dude dodged it perfectly, wasn't anyone else around to attack. Man this PvP is the most frustrating *** I have ever played.

Cloak doesn't mean that someone won't be able to counter it, otherwise that would mean that it is, in fact, OP.

I roll all the time when I "feel" like it and guess what? Almost every time I feel that someone is watching or it would be a good time to get sniped, it is! Also, cloak makes a sound, and even if I notice an NB I will simply pretend I don't and kill them when they show their face. How can you be certain your opponent has not done the same?

The problem you are facing is that your build and strategy relies upon one single skill, one single mistake, and one single trick. To accuse anyone of cheating because they countered it is simply silly.

I can only imagine if that NB that was right in my face cloaked got angry and accused me of using a cheat, instead of laughing when I told him my keyboard was broken and I accidentally bashed because the key was stuck (the bash interrupted his snipe and killed him :D I even had to sit up instead of my lazy leaning back I was surprised at what happened).

I would then simply say "you know what? I will just spam detection pots" since I never use potions in PvP anyway. Then we'd have more NBs on the forums complaining about that...
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lethal Arrow has a noise indicator for the skill when it is incoming. So if you hear it and have good reaction you can dodge it.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[Quoted Post Removed]

This. It's quite alright to come by the forums and say hey, this guy did <insert whatever> and I can't figure out how/why/whatever. People are happy to help you understand. While cheating is not unheard of , it should never be your first assumption and if it really is something that appears to be cheating, people will be more than happy to try to help confirm it.

In this case Snipe does make a sound as pointed out. Also if a really good player sees that bow on your back and then you cloak, they know to roll dodge in a second cause you can almost guarantee there's a snipe incoming. Without any further evidence of something funky going on, I'd wager it's just a case of your opponent being very aware.
    Edited by Psiion on July 31, 2020 12:09AM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that your target heard you or the sound of the skill. Sounds are harder to detect in a busy battle, but you mentioned that no one else was around.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat was notorious as an addon for that reason
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    After removing a few back and forth posts, we would like to remind everyone that we would like the Forums to be a place for civil and constructive discussion. Please remember to keep the Forum Rules in mind when posting, which can be found here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s neither an add on or cheating just basic game mechanics. Sorry to see Murder get his post deleted for pointing that out without violating any forum rules.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you see something in game you don't understand, don't immediately assume it's cheating or an exploitative add-on. Instead, recognize that it's is likely an element of the the game you don't fully understand. Instead of coming to the forums with accusations of cheating, come hear with a request to help you better understand. It'll be an opportunity to get better at the game, rather than just believing there is something wrong with it or its players.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miat addon was fun time indeed watching those salty cowards complain they can't snipe someone 3v1 anymore.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    It’s neither an add on or cheating just basic game mechanics. Sorry to see Murder get his post deleted for pointing that out without violating any forum rules.

I simply asked if this was cheating, it was answered. Some flew off the handle accusing me of accusing of cheating when I simply asked the question if it COULD be cheating. Thank you for those who took the time to actually answer the question rather than attack it.

There IS cheating in PvP regardless of what some think, which is why I had to ask in the first place if this could be.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know that lethal arrow has one of the loudest audio ques if it does not desync..... Giving the enemy player enough time to dismount and dodge it..... So no propably not cheating
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this an add-on or just another example of someone cheating?
    =/=
    I simply asked the question if it COULD be cheating.

Your binary options indicate that you assumed it was one or the other, cheating or exploitive add-ons. One should not jump to such conclusions when encountering something in the game they don't fully understand.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean if you see a nb running towards you and then they cloak its kinda obvious you're about to get smacked.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe is easy to dodge even when you fire it in stealth or out if opponents sight.

It has a VERY clear audio queue.

I will dodge 100% of incoming Snipes UNLESS i am already engaged and therefore did not hear it over all the other skills, or if i am simply stunned or otherwise not able to react.

If you fire Snipe at me from stealth, and i am not fighting already, i will 100% dodge it. Any player with more than a couple of years PvP experience will.

So, no. Most likely no addon or cheat. Just pure skill.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even if you were stealthed and out of combat they get more than one indicator of an attack.
    1-Combat music begins as you begin to cast.
    2-there is a sound associated with the animation (the traveling arrow).

Some people with quality headsets and quality dedicated sound cards have quite a few enhancements audily they can use to make it even easier to detect.

Soundblaster cards (not even remotely "quality" mind you) have a footsteps and radar function for sound events.

Basically an indicator of direction of sound event.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I thought it was miat's making a return until you said it was a morph of snipe. You can hear it coming before it lands.

Pretty much this. It is not a silent killer and someone would have to be pretty oblivious, or AFK, to not hear it.
  • Djinn_al_zahir
    Miat's still has a sound that plays when you're being targeted. If i'm in stealth in the middle of a field and a player is riding towards me and as they approach, they get off their horse block, and shield up as i target them....thats cheating to me.
    Man of la Mancha, DC, Nightblade
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Djinn_al_zahir
    Nope. As soon as I hear the combat music, I get off the mount and block.
    No sniper spam has ever taken me out.
    Cheese play style.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Djinn_al_zahir
    Nope. As soon as I hear the combat music, I get off the mount and block.
    No sniper spam has ever taken me out.
    Cheese play style.

Dude....there is more cheese in this pvp than sniping. You could stock the entire McDonald's chain with all the cheese in this PvP.
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lethal arrow has a sound queue, even from stealth.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    Miat's still has a sound that plays when you're being targeted. If i'm in stealth in the middle of a field and a player is riding towards me and as they approach, they get off their horse block, and shield up as i target them....thats cheating to me.

@Djinn_al_zahir The music changes if someone is in stealth within like 50m of you.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That playstyle is easily countered by a pair of headphones and a little situational awareness. No addon or cheats required.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on August 6, 2020 1:17AM
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

You know that lethal arrow has one of the loudest audio ques if it does not desync..... Giving the enemy player enough time to dismount and dodge it..... So no propably not cheating

Assuming ZOS audio queues work here. Which most of the time in laggy pvp they don’t.