The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(Copyright) - Can i use eso (spell icon) assets in my Video?

maddiniiLuna
maddiniiLuna
✭✭✭✭
I'm planning on using Icons from the Spells within a Video, that is related to eso (or more specific it has eso content only). The Icons will be single pictures, which is why i'm not sure if i can use it like that, since they are cut out (but otherwise unedited).

I've read section 3 and section 17 from the Terms of Service, but none of them really make it clear.

Again the video is for eso and features eso content only. Also it's not criticizing in any way. More of a gameplay video.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning on using Icons from the Spells within a Video, that is related to eso (or more specific it has eso content only). The Icons will be single pictures, which is why i'm not sure if i can use it like that, since they are cut out (but otherwise unedited).

I've read section 3 and section 17 from the Terms of Service, but none of them really make it clear.

Again the video is for eso and features eso content only. Also it's not criticizing in any way. More of a gameplay video.

From my understanding as a content creator myself - I belive you can but you can't claim ownership or redistbute the assets themselves. It would full under fair use if you are using them to evoke new meaning i.e. review skills, group into categories to help people etc.

Hope that helps
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/