The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Khajiit for magicka builds?

MrZeeck
MrZeeck
✭✭✭
I haven't made a Khajiit character since back before the race reworks, but the other day when I was looking up some builds, Khajiit are still mentioned only for stamina builds. How come? The bonus recovery for both stamina and magicka are the same right? So wouldn't they be equally valid for magicka builds?
Edited by MrZeeck on July 29, 2020 4:13PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka players rely more on Max Magicka, and Khajiit’s 825 can’t compete with the 2000 on Altmer and Breton, or the 1875 on Dunmer. The 10% crit damage is best used in builds with high crit chance, and stamina has a much easier time building crit with daggers giving 5% each and Advancing Yokeda being the best crit set.

Khajiit is still pretty versatile, and can be used on any damage build, just expect about 2% DPS loss compared to the better races.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 29, 2020 4:14PM
  • MrZeeck
    MrZeeck
    ✭✭✭
    I mean.. I know it's not "the best" race for magicka, that's not what I was asking. Just if/how it viable it would be.
  • probo11
    probo11
    You can clear any content with any class spec race combo. it just means that you have to try harder.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oddly enough in my times running vet trials the only khajiit i've seen have been magicka based. They are perfectly serviceable for the role and if you ever want to change them up their tri stat stats and bonus crit damage and healing means you can do all roles without any serious loss.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrZeeck wrote: »
    I mean.. I know it's not "the best" race for magicka, that's not what I was asking. Just if/how it viable it would be.

Yeah, definitely viable. I have a Khajiit Magicka Sorcerer that has done every piece of end game content. The 825 extra health can actually be useful for no death achievements, but I do notice the couple thousand DPS lost compared to my Altmer Sorcerer.

I’d still put Khajiit at the #4 race for Magicka DPS, and it works reasonably well on Sorcerer because they lack a class passive for 10% crit damage. After Sorc, I’d say Warden, Nightblade and Templar are all about equal for Magicka Khajiit, since they do already get bonus crit damage (so they don’t need Khajiit passives as much as other classes) but they also build for high crit chance. The worst classes for Mag Khajiit currently are Dragonknight and Necromancer, since the most effective builds on these have relatively low crit chance and therefore do not make much use of the extra 10% crit damage.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit now offer relevant bonuses to Magicka DPS. More than Argonian. I never felt like I was behind or off-meta on my Khajiit Magplar in vMA or vSS or vet DLC dungeons, but I've switched the char to PvP for Dark Flate funsies. They're behind Breton in sustain but not that much behind Altmer in damage I don't think.

If you were looking up Alcast builds, they're a really good start but not the whole story.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner