The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

MagPlar, MagDK or Magblade pve.....kk, go!

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Thoughts...ideas...concerns... Pluses, minuses?
Or just dont care anymore................... ;)
Also, if you can base any of your input off the upcoming patch/dlc, please do, remembering that nothing is final til launch day. ;)
Edited by Joxer61 on July 30, 2020 2:23AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magward-

*gets dragged offstage*
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a magplar player, i'm leveling a magblade.
    PC-EU
  • dragonmage0313
    From the list provided... MagDk

MagSorc otherwise
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    jecks33 wrote: »
    as a magplar player, i'm leveling a magblade.

Same... plus a stamsorc
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yea, my bad...didnt mean to exclude the others.....by all means feel free to include Wardens, Necros or Sorcs if you see fit. ;)
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvE? or PvP?
    Solo? or Group?
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    PvE? or PvP?
    Solo? or Group?

well the title says "pve"...other than that, go nuts. But trials if one was to nail it down. ;)
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solo PvE on magplar but am building a MagDK for trials. The magplar is superior for cleaning up trash but lacks the punch you get from MagDK and trials is more about how your burn the boss than clean up the trash. I’m not finished building her yet but she already hits like a truck. This in going to be a fun trial build once it’s done.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did magblade get well-regarded again? Is this mainly about other classes being nerfed, plus Grim Focus becoming more damage-oriented again?
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at trials you have to go magcro. Every group will want at least 3, especially with master architect buff next patch. That being said, magcro is probably the least fun to play. Lol. Just kind of clunky if you ask me. So many weird animations. Even the spammable skulls feels slow. But if you can get it down, you will be in high demand.
    Edited by carlos424 on July 30, 2020 11:47PM
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magblade, but because I enjoy playing it in all the content not because I think it is better than anything else. PVE rotation is challenging.

Nightblade seems to be getting some love this coming patch (below), although not all nightblades agree. The changes will mostly impact PVE.

-Grim Focus:
    This ability and its morphs now grant 2% Critical Damage and Healing per stack, rather than reducing your damage taken by 2% per stack, in order to help this ability feel more aggressive and assassination oriented.

Nightblades lean toward being a crit damage based class, so this additional critical damage should be good for us and healing is super nice as well. Tankblades have said they prefer the mitigation currently offered by the skill.

Master Assassin:
    This passive’s Weapon and Spell Damage is now granted to your damaging attacks against enemies you are flanking, rather than granting a universal amount while sneaking or invisible.
    The Weapon and Spell Damage is now a flat 129/258, rather than granting 5/10% of your current amount.

The new flat damage is a probably less than the current 10%, but being able to have the damage buff by flanking is better for dps. Magblades do not use sneaking or invisible to get damage buff in PVE, so getting the damage passive by flanking is a solid buff because being able to have the damage most of the time is better than none of the time.

Summon Shade:
    This ability and the Dark Shade morph can now be cast without a target, as Shadow Image can.

Being able to precast this will save one cooldown per fight, plus we won't aggro by accident.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having only played dks. mDK it is.
    Still waiting on that class change zos
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Looking at trials you have to go magcro. Every group will want at least 3, especially with master architect buff next patch. That being said, magcro is probably the least fun to play. Lol. Just kind of clunky if you ask me. So many weird animations. Even the spammable skulls feels slow. But if you can get it down, you will be in high demand.

And why use skulls as the spammable?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Magblade, but because I enjoy playing it in all the content not because I think it is better than anything else. PVE rotation is challenging.

Nightblade seems to be getting some love this coming patch (below), although not all nightblades agree. The changes will mostly impact PVE.

-Grim Focus:
    This ability and its morphs now grant 2% Critical Damage and Healing per stack, rather than reducing your damage taken by 2% per stack, in order to help this ability feel more aggressive and assassination oriented.

Nightblades lean toward being a crit damage based class, so this additional critical damage should be good for us and healing is super nice as well. Tankblades have said they prefer the mitigation currently offered by the skill.

Master Assassin:
    This passive’s Weapon and Spell Damage is now granted to your damaging attacks against enemies you are flanking, rather than granting a universal amount while sneaking or invisible.
    The Weapon and Spell Damage is now a flat 129/258, rather than granting 5/10% of your current amount.

The new flat damage is a probably less than the current 10%, but being able to have the damage buff by flanking is better for dps. Magblades do not use sneaking or invisible to get damage buff in PVE, so getting the damage passive by flanking is a solid buff because being able to have the damage most of the time is better than none of the time.

Summon Shade:
    This ability and the Dark Shade morph can now be cast without a target, as Shadow Image can.

Being able to precast this will save one cooldown per fight, plus we won't aggro by accident.

I guess if the boss is turned away from the DDs then flanking is going to be in play a lot. Right? Or am I missing something in how it works? I'm assuming that from behind counts as flanking.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

And why use skulls as the spammable?

Because its fire damage and has cleave.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

-Grim Focus:

Master Assassin:

Summon Shade:

I guess if the boss is turned away from the DDs then flanking is going to be in play a lot. Right? Or am I missing something in how it works? I'm assuming that from behind counts as flanking.

I got on the PTS to test this. I light attacked a dummy to find the flanking area. Below is a screenshot that has the camera in an overhead position. It's not perfect, but I am attempting to show where the flanking damage kicks in. The arrow at the bottom of the picture indicates the direction that the dummy is facing. The dotted line that goes around the back of the dummy are the places where the light attack damage reflected the damage buff.

r7bHzFP.jpg
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Grim Focus:

Master Assassin:

Summon Shade:

I got on the PTS to test this. I light attacked a dummy to find the flanking area. Below is a screenshot that has the camera in an overhead position. It's not perfect, but I am attempting to show where the flanking damage kicks in. The arrow at the bottom of the picture indicates the direction that the dummy is facing. The dotted line that goes around the back of the dummy are the places where the light attack damage reflected the damage buff.

r7bHzFP.jpg

so anywhere but from the front its a buff...thats nice!!! ;)