The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

IC idea.

zvavi
zvavi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Suggestion:
Damage reduction towards those with higher Telvar multiplayer than you, 15% per difference in multiplayer. (X1 deals 55% of dmg to X4, X4 deals 100% to all, X3 deals 100% to all but X4 which is 85%).

Imperial city was always supposed to be risk Vs reward kind of thing, but during the event a lot of players (I don't want to sound racist but usually nightblades) were committing to no risk vs maybe rewards activity (hunting other players when you have 0 Telvars on yourself).

I believe it will bring a more balanced feeling towards the place, with less hard feelings, because players will have to participate in the risk vs rewards on the PvP aspect, which was only risk vs reward in the PvE aspect.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Imperial city was always supposed to be risk Vs reward kind of thing, but during the event a lot of players (I don't want to sound racist but usually nightblades) were committing to no risk vs maybe rewards activity (hunting other players when you have 0 Telvars on yourself).
    That is one of the basic design flaws of IC - there is absolutely no downside to engaging other players when you have 0 (or very little) telvar on you, so naturally gankers do that for the obvious reasons.

Instead of adjusting damage based on the difference in multipliers, maybe it would be better to instead scale telvar loss on death based on the attacker's multiplier, decreasing it from the current 50% for multipliers less than 4x.
    So there would be very little telvar to gain from killing other players when your own multiplier is low: that would solve the root of the problem instead of band-aiding a workaround on.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »
    That is one of the basic design flaws of IC - there is absolutely no downside to engaging other players when you have 0 (or very little) telvar on you, so naturally gankers do that for the obvious reasons.

Instead of adjusting damage based on the difference in multipliers, maybe it would be better to instead scale telvar loss on death based on the attacker's multiplier, decreasing it from the current 50% for multipliers less than 4x.
    So there would be very little telvar to gain from killing other players when your own multiplier is low: that would solve the root of the problem instead of band-aiding a workaround on.

Interesting idea, then gankers will have to walk around with at least 1k Telvars to get something. I like your idea, but I think it is more band-aiding, and I will explain why. In your idea those with X4 multiplayer are still at a massive disadvantage against lower multiplayers, the same as with my idea. I think you might be correct though, my idea is not enough, maybe a hybrid of both?

Or make it that in PvP the max amount you can get is the max amount you can lose? (In PvP fights)
    Edited by zvavi on July 28, 2020 9:31PM
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC's mentality is stupid, I agree that. It is a gankers heaven so no farmers go there. At the end there is not farmers to gang and gankers leave too.

This idea looks decent. I hope ZoS will fix it with anyway they see fit.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC is fine as it is in that regard (it has other flaws but the risk vs reward with telvar aint one of them). With how easy it is to earn telvar from farming bosses there´s little risk involved earning large amounts in a short period of time, regardless of being ganked or not.
    Edited by Qbiken on July 30, 2020 8:59AM