The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Versatile CP setup for magden

Jellybean
Jellybean
I'm looking for a magden CP setup that is versatile enough to allow me to comfortably play the following:
  1. vet dungeons/trials/arenas dps
  2. solo/small group cyrodiil dps (I wear heavy armor for this)
  3. vet dungeon healing. I do this the least often, but would still like to be able to comfortably heal the harder dungeons with pugs

The addition of cyrodiil and healing complicates the CP setup a bit because I'm not sure how many points I can put into things like Blessed and crit resistance without hurting my pve dps too much...
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you plan to play something for vet dungeons you’ll probably want 2 different toons entirely. Although warden has a fantastic tool kit to do all the things you’ll want to allocate your CP differently for sure. That is unless you are willing to change it on the fly and carry the extra gear around with you. At least the beauty of CP is that once one toon gets it, All of your toons get it.

Personally I ran with 1 toon all the way to CP300 added a second until CP400 where I added my 3rd. I’m approaching 500 now and looking at builds for my 4th.

I too have a warden, solo/dps setup that I take into trials. I tried to do it all and found that the class falls flat when you try to do too much. Specialize your warden(s) you’ll be glad you did.
  • Jellybean
    Jellybean
    im ok with carrying different sets of gear, but changing CP on the fly gets expensive because the way I play is usually cyrodiil for 1 hour, then do some dungeons for a bit etc. ends up being a huge cost

not a fan of playing multiple characters either. im not looking to place on leaderboards or chase top dps. as long as I can do "acceptably well" then im ok with that (e.g. not completely failing at pve dps, and not getting completely crushed in cyrodiil).

Is there still no versatile CP setup that is just "good enough"?
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not a score chaser either. The reasons I’ve got 3 and looking at a maximum of 5 at some point are for more specific type roles. My warden is my main, also my crafter, antiquarian, quester, etc. I am speced for straight stamina DPS but I have most of the green balance and winters revenge lines available and use the magicka morphs on them mainly for self sustainability. I often do trials on it as well. I PvP more in no CP battlegrounds than Cyrodiil. I prefer the quick hitting games and smaller groups to the giant map and laggy zergs.

I made a magicka Templar for farming public dungeons, maelstrom arena and soloing some 4 man content. This toon stands up well for trials and can do some veteran content as well, but it’s optimized for solo play.

I made a MagDK specifically for trials. It can hold its own solo as well by rotating a few skills.

There is one big plus to having extra toons and that is pledges. With 3 toons and a good pledge group I’m getting 9 keys and transmute stones per day. That’s why I say adding that extra toon even though it feels like a lot to manage comes with nothing but benefits once you get it to CP. Also even at level 1 you can allocate your current CP to boost that character right out of the box. The grind is way easier with the extra power creep.

And finally last advantage, basic crafting certification on alt toon nets you 4K extra gold per day plus extra surveys and maps a few times per week. Funnel all those to your main crafter and sells the extra mats for profit.