The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Character lost all progress on porting to other player

nenekotanb16_ESO
nenekotanb16_ESO
✭✭✭
My character lost all their skills and inventory after porting to another player. Even quest progress was gone, as I saw quest givers for quests I completed (I still had my mount and my unassigned skill points). I relogged, and luckily it restored most things. However, my skills were still unassigned to the hot bar (but assigned as skills) and I lost all wayshrines, even the ones you should always have unlocked (like the basic one in each DLC).
  • Rossmann
    Rossmann
    ✭✭✭
    Dude this is some whole new level [snip], i feel sorry

[Edit for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 28, 2020 5:05PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me twice now, first time was after a similar disastrous maintenance, second time was today, and now I'm in a never ending queue and can't check if everything has been restored

Screenshot_20200511_162859.png
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just managed to get back in, everything seems to be back to normal, phew

I hope yours is sorted out too @nenekotanb16_ESO
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @ixie.

My character seems fine, except for all the wayshrines which are still black and need to be all rediscovered... Luckily I have some big guilds, so I can still port on people, but how did it even delete the solitude and vulkhel guard wayshrine?

• nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Filed 200727-006629, but they're treating it as a deleted character, which is wrong.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nenekotanb16_ESO

We've sent you a private message regarding your support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    On my third standard form answer which was again wrong...

I also noticed I actually did lose some items in the bank, including a whole bunch of experience scrolls, possibly other items as well. How can this even happen?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nenekotanb16_ESO

You should mention which items are missing in your existing ticket so support can investigate that as well.
    Staff Post
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've added to the ticket. I have no clue except the items I noticed missing though. Who knows which exact 400+ items they have in the bank?

I now also noticed (and added to the ticket) that even one of my achievements for summerset got removed. I don't have the pathfinder achievement anymore, despite having the 3 antique maps which require the achievement...

So basically some of the data of my character got overwritten with stuff I did with the blank character state... Data loss like that in an MMO is not okay.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nenekotanb16_ESO

We can confirm your ticket was updated successfully with this additional information.
    Staff Post
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've now gotten another standard response saying I need to disable addons and it's not a data issue, despite having added screenshots with and without addons to the ticket that show that this is clearly a data problem. How is this not a data problem when an achievement from my account disappeared, all wayshrines were gone, items deleted, addons or not? As if my addons removed items, wayshrines and achievements from my account?

I find it quite rude that I get a "no this is not a data problem, and we see you've used addons recently", as a response, without really answering any of my queries or issues I've brought up. I've already removed addons, repaired my install, and provided new screenshots and I still get this response.

I've had to manually regain wayshrines in the last few days via guild members or friends to even make the game playable, as no area was accessible to me anymore. The last couple of replies also don't address or investigate the loss of items in my bank (including around 30 exp scrolls).

Image showing wayshrines gone for Stormhaven with NO addons:
    lah4s5s2tioj.png

Image showing I have the summerset achievement Summerset Master Explorer NO addons:
    vihi6k5fpxaz.png

Image showing that despite the above achievement that requires this, I lost the achievement Summerset Pathfinder NO addons:
    vcxl817nv35t.png

Image showing that all wayshrines were gone, except the ones I manually rediscovered NO addons:
    zv5h5mpek1i0.png

Image WITH addons that show my items and even quests were temporarily gone:
    y0lk00lmpkye.png

Another image showing that I did keep my horse, but my skill quickbar is empty, my potions are gone,but I still have my costume/horse and chat settings:
    qrnpeo3vbi22.png

Image showing all my skills were gone:
    g5eh713j2z3f.png

I'm pretty sure that part of this largely blank character during the bug, overwrote parts of my existing character, but only for the data that changed during the few minutes of play. You can see I ported to summerset, and suddenly my character was empty. Luckily I didn't touch anything, so it didn't overwrite my inventory, but the porting probably caused my explored areas for summerset and wayshrines to be overwritten with that single area of interest for the pathfinder achievement. It furthermore only kept the single wayshrine I ported to, which is how I lost my wayshrines.

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this and support isn't being much help.

As I mentioned before this has happened to me twice now, both times after extended maintenance when people were having problems logging in.

I took screenshots the first time, unfortunately I wasn't able to the second time as I crashed, maybe my screenshots can help them realise this is a serous problem

The screenshots are from 11 May 2020, I had ported from Tideholm to Grahtwood via a wayshrine

Screenshot_20200511_162542.png
    Character is naked, inventory empty, still have gold

Screenshot_20200511_162859.png
    No skill points spent, only 42 skill points available, tooltip advising I can equip 2 weapon sets

Screenshot_20200511_162934.png
    Still have riding skill and eso plus

Screenshot_20200511_163046.png
    Quest journal empty

Screenshot_20200511_163055.png
    Lost Cadwell's Gold and Silver progress

Screenshot_20200511_163111.png
    Lost all achievements

Screenshot_20200511_163334.png
    Lost all wayshrines except DLCs and Chapters, lost all dungeon progress

In one of the screenshots you can see Ezabi, so I still had her and imagine my bank was ok as I didn't take a screenshot of that.

I hope you get the help you need and they start taking this seriously, it is very scary when it happens

Edit to add: The first time this happened I logged off after taking screenshots, on logging back in everything appeared to be back to normal, the second time I crashed before being able to take screenshots but it was a similar situation with progress and items missing, that time I had ported into the Corpse Garden delve in Deshaan when it happened, both times I was doing the daily quest from Tideholm.
    Edited by ixie on August 3, 2020 3:20PM
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @ixie, thanks for the support! I appreciate you jumping in.

So my situation is very very similar, where after logging in most stuff was fine, except it seems to have saved some data from during that bug.
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Two very interesting screenshots that show the data even seems inconsistent at some level:

All locations complete, but actually not:
    cdlkhgawshxj.png

All wayshrines explored, but what is this black wayshrine:
    tcq8dck4npmr.png
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting screenshots indeed, obviously something's got messed up

@ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno anything you can do to get this sorted?
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    After following another few standard procedures for resolving client side issues it was "escalated". However, I've now been waiting another 10 days with no further progress.

While I have been able to work around wayshrines by manually porting on guild members to get back into areas I lost access to and manually rediscovering wayshrines by visiting them (which is annoying enough), I can't actually rediscover "wayshrines" in group dungeons or trials even after manually entering the instances. This means it's impossible for me to directly port to any group dungeon or trial, and it doesn't seem fixable by me either. This is highly inconvenient. Similarly, the Harborage is also now not portable any more. There might be even more instances like this. I would like to see this restored.

I'm also still missing my exp scrolls and possibly more items in the bank.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @nenekotanb16_ESO

Your ticket was escalated and your latest reply on the ticket was received. Further follow-up will be coming but high ticket volume is leading to delayed support responses.
    Staff Post