The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar Rune Symbols

Athan1
Athan1
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm role-playing with my Templar and want to fully understand what our rune represents. Could someone elaborate on the symbols on the Templar's rune? Obviously the star in the middle is the sun (or any generic star) but what about the rest? Afaik, the two circles represent Masser and Secunda, the two moons; what about the third circle under Secunda? Also do you know what language the runes around the edges are? Thanks in advance!

qm0c5yyha3xm.jpg
Edited by Athan1 on July 27, 2020 9:42AM
Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    xE6yMCg.jpg

My guesses:)

This rune is of Celestial Protection, so I imagine this protection must come from the Celestials....The star in the middle, if a star, has eight points it seems and the only star in lore I know of that has eight points is Azura's star. Azura also holds a half moon, a crescent, which seems to be shown in this as well. The symbols maybe showing the Runic Alphabet.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Runic_Alphabet

so could Azura be considered a Celestial and could this rune of protection come from her...
  • Sphinxmoth
    Sphinxmoth
    ✭✭
    Here it is:
    9v4tuuny54ie.png
    I'm too exhausted today to try to translate it, may be someday... But I'm pretty much sure it has something to do with Elven Alphabets, slightly distorted though.

Also there is low-res version with daedric inscriptions available as forums avatar, it's much easier to "translate":
    wu7pw0oi6svp.png

I can guess there's written something connected to Templar class skill lines or general playstile, like daedric letters on Nightblade sigil means "I L L U S I O N S T E A L T H" and Sorcerer sigil has something to do with Conjuration, Destruction, Shock et cetera.

Edited by Sphinxmoth on July 27, 2020 5:41PM
    Please, excuse me for my bad English.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like Altmer alphabet
    if read from the exterior of the circle: DI XIWLTIPVT ... means nothing. From the center of the circle the letters aren't even close to elven letters.

The daedric one you posted says : OF-LIOGPVQG IOI-LIO-I

I am clueless now.
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on July 28, 2020 7:59AM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    Well i remember seeing a post about where templar got their magic, and apparently there are books in game saying templar magic is mostly from Stendarr.

Maybe its the language of the elnohphey??? earth bones, the divines w/e
    The rune itself i dont know
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    for me, I don't believe all what is said in these books written of Stendarr...:)I don't know why other than they just seem like a religious type of propaganda to get followers maybe - though to be fair I am not sure of the true origins of Restoration magic either.

something else I have always wondered as well is what form of magic/healing do the Twilight monarchs know of or use as well as the Daedra that can heal. - does it come from Stendarr?

Edited by Eporem on July 28, 2020 3:21PM
  • Esorono
    Esorono
    ✭✭
    Well, the daedric symbol that Sphinx sent helps me a lot with deciphering this rune. Assuming it means the same thing, I can break down what it is that it's doing.

In the top most circle is a Seht rune, which creates stability and protection in some way, also oddly enough occasionally is used in frost spells.

The rune right under Seht is a Neht rune, this rune negates something, magic, mental state, injuries and so on.

And the largest rune on the bottom, making it the primary is a Yoodt rune, this rune likes to unify things together, or draw things into the body.

So with this all in mind and the context of the rune, I believe what the rune is achieving is that the rune is giving protection and negating either damage/conditions on the body.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s old Altmer... it states “Gonna get nerfed every patch”
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    there is this too on the banner of Shimmerene, the city of lights - which might show a connection to Stendarr?

byHMOmc.png

but also....wondering when this rune is cast, does the caster use the Daedric language as part of doing so.

Edited by Eporem on July 29, 2020 3:26PM