The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Periodic reminder - IC is not your personal dueling zone

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Sitting on your horse "watching a duel" is only appropriate for people using a dueling flag. In case you've been out of game since 2015, dueling flags can't be used in PvP. I'm pretty sure the devs were aware of the "tradition" of yelling in IC zone chat "YOU RUINED MY DUEL". Or knew how if you stop to "help" someone in IC, they will leave you to fight their friend because "YOU wanted to duel them. Don't lose <snip>."

Or maybe *you* should realize that yelling at people for "ruining a duel" in an open PvP zone is like yelling at someone for killing a world boss and "ruining your solo."
It's an MMO, getting mad at people for playing in the same world as you isn't how MMOs work. Get over it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense but the people you encountered are likely not going to see this thread.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    No offense but the people you encountered are likely not going to see this thread.

I get what you’re saying but this is a forum and if we’re only allowed to post things so the 25 or so people I’m referencing will see it... why would there be a forum?

Oh! To talk about the game. Regardless of which specific players do or don’t ser a thread.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 27, 2020 4:49AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do you mate but I think it is kinda rude to interrupt a clear 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or other number balanced small-scale fights regardless of whether they are duels or not. The dueling system in ESO is very limited to other game as you can not setup group duels etc. You can't even do private lobbies for BGs. As such, the only way to group duel is in PvP campaigns.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you do you, but why are you expecting other people to know which groups are planned duels and which aren’t? Are you alerting zone that your group is running around looking for another group?

I’m not suggesting that this isn’t allowed, but if people do “interrupt”, why get angry? If you don’t like the way ESOs dueling works, submit requests to the devs, don’t expect zone to do your bidding.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on July 27, 2020 6:50AM
  • NightSquirrel
    NightSquirrel
    ✭✭✭
    Aww man.

I don’t even play ESO anymore but reading the forums I could never give up...

just...

posts like this...

are how you say...?

*chef’s kiss*

So good. So good.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    You do you mate but I think it is kinda rude to interrupt a clear 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or other number balanced small-scale fights regardless of whether they are duels or not. The dueling system in ESO is very limited to other game as you can not setup group duels etc. You can't even do private lobbies for BGs. As such, the only way to group duel is in PvP campaigns.

Depends on where you are "dueling."

Middle of nowhere? Sure. You do you.
    Right in front of Bleakers? LOL, go somewhere that isn't a PVP objective if you don't want other PVPers to jump in.

Imperial City isn't that different. Go find an out of the way room in a district or sewers where you are less likely to be interrupted and you aren't interfering with other players if privacy is important. If you fight out in the open or near objectives, you can't complain when other PVPers jump into the fight.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

I suspect it wasn't clear, and they just wanted to help someone of their faction in a fight in a pvp zone :)

Sucks to try to help and get flamed for it. Period.
    Edited by InaMoonlight on July 27, 2020 2:48PM
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, you do you, but why are you expecting other people to know which groups are planned duels and which aren’t? Are you alerting zone that your group is running around looking for another group?

I’m not suggesting that this isn’t allowed, but if people do “interrupt”, why get angry? If you don’t like the way ESOs dueling works, submit requests to the devs, don’t expect zone to do your bidding.

As long as you don’t get mad when both sides turn on you and repeatedly kill you and you start claiming “team whatever mix of colors”
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sitting on your horse "watching a duel" is only appropriate for people using a dueling flag. In case you've been out of game since 2015, dueling flags can't be used in PvP. I'm pretty sure the devs were aware of the "tradition" of yelling in IC zone chat "YOU RUINED MY DUEL". Or knew how if you stop to "help" someone in IC, they will leave you to fight their friend because "YOU wanted to duel them. Don't lose <snip>."

Or maybe *you* should realize that yelling at people for "ruining a duel" in an open PvP zone is like yelling at someone for killing a world boss and "ruining your solo."
    It's an MMO, getting mad at people for playing in the same world as you isn't how MMOs work. Get over it.

If you stop to help them, you risk getting yelled at for "ruining their duel".
    If you DON'T stop, you risk having people yell at you for "not helping them".
    You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    Ignore these people and do what think is right, because you have no way of knowing their intentions.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »

If you stop to help them, you risk getting yelled at for "ruining their duel".
    If you DON'T stop, you risk having people yell at you for "not helping them".
    You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    Ignore these people and do what think is right, because you have no way of knowing their intentions.

This.

Also it is comical when get hate whispers from people who "duel" in front of Emp keeps that has scroll inside and think there will not be a battle soon and any enemy will attack them.

Want to duel, go to middle of nowhere in like at the edge of the map far from any keep/outposts. Not so hard to do.

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

This.

Also it is comical when get hate whispers from people who "duel" in front of Emp keeps that has scroll inside and think there will not be a battle soon and any enemy will attack them.

Want to duel, go to middle of nowhere in like at the edge of the map far from any keep/outposts. Not so hard to do.

There are lots of buildings in IC with large upper floors - send your friends to gank people coming up the stairs. Fun for all. In all 3 sections of the sewers there are side rooms full of NPCs to interfere with your duel (some people seem to want this) that are off the main path and rarely see traffic.

Group v Group (full raids) are generally not an issue, but it's impossible to tell if a 3v3 is two teams "dueling" or 6 randoms that were in the zone and showed up at the flag because it's lit.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just be strong enough to kill anyone that challenges you there like me and you don't have to worry about complainers. Also walk around with zero tel-var besides ones you get from killing people -- I heard it makes the IC players, esp. the NBs, even happier on the off-chance you die to them after putting them down once ;)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

I get what you’re saying but this is a forum and if we’re only allowed to post things so the 25 or so people I’m referencing will see it... why would there be a forum?

Oh! To talk about the game. Regardless of which specific players do or don’t ser a thread.

I did not suggest you could not post here. I merely pointed out that the persons you are speaking to will not see this. If they do they will likely not care.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think in reality people that are trying to "duel" next to objectives are just trying to cheese the AP system. So, yes I am going to interrupt that. You want to be number 1 on the leader board do it for real.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a great topic...one of my favorite things about IC is that it gets weird and personal...

maybe it's the stones, more so though it's probably just the increase in 1 v 1's and small scale fights...no doubt fighting around "neutral" npcs and the unique building environments adds to the thrill...

it's been a while, but, yeah - i've been dimed out by my own "allies" to their friends on the other side...i've been ganked heading back into the home base sewer...i've stumbled in to a district boss or bannerman accidentally during a fight against other players...

it is a lot of fun though to head in to the districts with no real intent to gain tel var...just go to fight...

i've spent most my time in cyro and a bunch in battlegrounds (mainly for xp leveling) - almost never lose my cool...IC though...it happens...i first started to enjoy it the beginning of 2016...i went in during 2015, but, i couldn't kill anything...i found a spot in the arena district though where everyone used to gather late nights...mindless mayhem...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC and no-cp cyro are the only places where you an have a no-CP duell duh

If you see a group of people standing around 2 players fighting and you rush in i will definetly kill you before you reach them. Thats just how it is. It is your decision to go in so you should be prepared to get owned by that player.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    I think in reality people that are trying to "duel" next to objectives are just trying to cheese the AP system. So, yes I am going to interrupt that. You want to be number 1 on the leader board do it for real.

That makes sense that someone's trying to milk the D-ticks. I hadn't thought of that. Even more reason to jump in and kill enemy players!