The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning

Lotmorning
Lotmorning
Soul Shriven
Been thinking of returning to this game now that I have a slightly better ISP in my area and was wondering what the current Damage Tiers are for both PVE and PVP? I have been gone for years so will probably just start a new character from scratch (When I left the Sewer PVP area had just been released)
  • Lotmorning
    Lotmorning
    Soul Shriven
    Damage Classes not tiers is what meant
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I'm not understanding what you mean by the question.

Do you mean "Best in Slot" kind of thing for classes and skills?

In that case I would point you to youtube and whatever Alcast has posted recently
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Lotmorning
    Lotmorning
    Soul Shriven
    No not gear I can always search like you said for youtube videos and the like for that stuff. I was just wondering what classes are good now a days? Like before when I played a Stam or Magic Nightblade was king of both PVE and PVP play. Then I know Magic Sorc were starting to make a rise with I think skill was called Crystal Fragments. So just wondering what classes offer best team support/dps wise in dungeons for PVE and if ever delve into PVP
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    The current meta is getting a huge shake up with the next patch so either wait for it or just pick your favorite, unless you have a lot of CP it will change a few times between now and when you get to the point it matters so pick what you enjoy.

Otherwise don't tank on a templar, don't heal on a Sorc or DK, don't play a stamplar in Pvp. They are all possible but it will be harder.
  • Lotmorning
    Lotmorning
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I will have 0 CP when I start back up. There was no CP when I originally played. From what I can see it would seem magic sorc or magic templar would be a good option for PVE and if I want to delve into PVP
    Edited by Lotmorning on July 26, 2020 11:00AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as PvP:

Stamina DK, stamina warden and stamina necromancer are all strong, tanky classes, with stamina necromancer possibly the best and top tier overall, right now. The impression I have is that people don't rate stamina DK quite at the top, but there sure are a lot of them around. Take Flight is a very good ultimate.

Magicka sorcerer is still strong and suitable for solo play.

Nightblades have taken a lot of nerfs, but are very good for solo play. Judging by how hard the best stamblades hit me, I think they may be quietly making a comeback. Probably not easy to play, except for one particular Snipe build. Magblades are widely regarded as close to bottom tier, although I play one and prefer the playstyle over stamblade.

Magicka templars were tops maybe a year ago, but I feel they have taken a significant hit, due to recent overall game changes. Stamina templars are powerful, but IMO need to be played very aggressively, which requires experience. Not solo classes and neither of them top tier, but somewhere in the middle.

Stamina sorcerer is not regarded highly, but is getting a new spammable / burst skill next patch, so we'll have to see.

In terms of playing one myself, magicka DK is an enigma to me, but I think they're doing OK, same as the templars.

This leaves the magicka variants of warden and necro, right? Magicka warden is not bad, but it's CC and execute skills are weird / clunky, which means it has trouble finishing off opponents in duels. This has held the class's PvP reputation back since the beginning, though they are good for control (ice / snare) builds and possibly a bit underrated.

I believe magicka necro is something of a one trick pony. It has an AOE self-activated synergy attack every 20 seconds, which is insanely strong in group play, but requires a specific way of building, whch will be nerfed next patch. Other than that, it just lags behind it's stamina counterpart, so much so that it's frequently regarded as bottom tier. That hasn't stopped some good players from killing me with it, though.

I should say I PvP solo and in small groups. I am talking about damage dealing in that context. I cannot speak to group utility, nor to healer roles in PvP.
    Edited by fred4 on July 27, 2020 8:40AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB