Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

BG Matches Having Serious Performance Issues!!!

Azramel
Azramel
✭✭✭
Over the last couple days I have noticed a huge drop in performance for battleground matches. Issues such as..

1. Everyone standing still for several seconds.
2. Being attacked by players and not knowing it until they get several hits in.
3. My fav, being attacked with flurry by a player who's standing 30+ meters away from me.
4. Not being able to roll dodge or break free at times.
5. Needing to break free twice due to double CC.
6. Not being able to cast abilities.

I checked to see if it was internet but my speed test, other games, and online services work just fine. Also, I'm definitely not the only one. There's an on going rant in my BG guild about the performance.

Just to clarify, BG's have had some performance issues from time to time, but it's definitely been insane over the last couple days. These issues appear non stop during a match.

Has anyone else been experiencing this as well?
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for Justice, it's basically unplayable right now. The ping is fish flopping and the break free is broken and not free, heals and AOE won't cast, ults won't cast.

TBH this has happened before to me many times for weeks at a time but it did seem to subside for a bit, during peak hours the game tends to get worse but for sure these issues have returned with a vengeance.

Some very SPICY bugs out there right now, stay safe bros.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It usually happens when there are either so many negative effects on you, or around you
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough hunters venom cough*
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    *cough hunters venom cough*

What does that have to do with BGs being super laggy right now?? I am being killed in seconds by people I did not even see and the log shows 5 hits from one dude that would not be possible with casting times in that short a span. BGs are super broken right now.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a week or so, I'll jump into a super laggy BG that causally bogs down so much that I get booted for inactivity.

But that's been going on for awhile. Otherwise, I've not had any serious performance issues in BGs on Xbox NA as of late.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To the list of issues:

-Max cp players ending up in below 50bg.
    -Games starting without full teams.
    -No nameplates visible for late joiners.
    -MMR system is completely out of whack even during prime time.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Otherwise, I've not had any serious performance issues in BGs on Xbox NA as of late.

I've played very little battlegrounds on Xbox NA in past few weeks, usually games go quite fine what comes to lag. The biggest problem is definitely the random numbers of players in teams and many quit or crash so often, most players have around 0-20k heals and there's very little actual teamwork nowadays. Usually I play some bg with my 8 bretons daily, recently it's been very difficult to motivate myself to even do some writs and get mount trainings for some characters. On EU I've played last bg match in March 2019.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously bad this morning and it doesn't seem to be affecting everyone. Seems one team every match is facerolling, I am barely scratching them. I am always double digits in these things with kills and I haven't gotten more than 5 kills in any match this morning yet I am dying in seconds.
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed I am only getting Deathmatch.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAG OMGF, aoes are not working, might as well be on a cooldown at the rate they are not firing right now.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    must be all the AOE spamming ball groups you find in BG's...

Edited by Warraxx on July 29, 2020 5:55AM
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worry not, this will be the new standard and the solutions for example are: download whole game few times, reset your router, adapt to situation and so on, just works!
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you're describing is the roller coaster that is ESO performance since launch, it's never gotten better for a prolonged period, only slowly worse and worse. This isn't a game that develops, fixes, or balances content for pvpers. Let me direct you to the cash shop and loot crates my friend...
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happened when they took the server down for the extended cleaning it made BG have all the issues that seemed resolved recently. I wouldn't be amazed if it was just them pulling resources from the system because greymoor is launched for a while already
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On pc, this past week is the worst I've ever seen performance, that is over ps4 garbage. I can barely bar swap, I'll be at near 100%, roll dodge from an enemy and then I'm dead from an execute-this delay is happening so often. First time I've rage quit the game in a while.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They were pretty bad for me Saturday morning. PS4 NA

Be safe and have fun :)
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post was removed]

Also, try checking your internet connection and the status of the PlayStation Network. 👍
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on August 2, 2020 3:18PM
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play BGs constantly on an eight year old machine and never have any issues. It’s your rig, not them.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malprave wrote: »
    I play BGs constantly on an eight year old machine and never have any issues. It’s your rig, not them.

So...
    It's my rig that causes sprint bug?
    It's my rig that causes my character (and others) to slide along the ground after being knocked down?
    It's my rig that makes players teleport around?
    It's my rig that causes players to not register hits from attacks for several seconds then suddenly fall over dead with tons of damage numbers above their head after I've stopped attacking them? (or the reverse happening to me?)

No. It's not. It's their servers. It's the game, and the net code, and the ping, and half a dozen matters outside our sphere of control.
    Don't come in here muddying the waters with this nonsensical scapegoat of "our rigs" being the issue. It's so absurd it boarders on victim blaming.

Yes, screen tearing or frame loss etc. can sometimes be mistaken for lag, skipped frames can sometimes look like missed inputs, and both are sometimes miss-attributed by those with less technical knowledge of computing, but that's not what's being discussed here.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azramel wrote: »
    being attacked with flurry by a player who's standing 30+ meters away from me
    Is it possible to learn this power?

7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So...
    It's my rig that causes my character (and others) to slide along the ground after being knocked down?
    It's my rig that causes players to not register hits from attacks for several seconds then suddenly fall over dead with tons of damage numbers above their head after I've stopped attacking them? (or the reverse happening to me?)

No. It's not. It's their servers. It's the game, and the net code, and the ping, and half a dozen matters outside our sphere of control.
    Don't come in here muddying the waters with this nonsensical scapegoat of "our rigs" being the issue. It's so absurd it boarders on victim blaming.

Yes, screen tearing or frame loss etc. can sometimes be mistaken for lag, skipped frames can sometimes look like missed inputs, and both are sometimes miss-attributed by those with less technical knowledge of computing, but that's not what's being discussed here.

That stuff is constant in Cyro, but this is a BG thread. Other than the rare sprint bug or sliding dead character, I don't encounter the issuess you've listed in BGs. Same for OP's issues (many of which sounds like difficulty managing resources while correctly identifying/responding to incoming stuns and immobilizations).
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So...

That stuff is constant in Cyro, but this is a BG thread. Other than the rare sprint bug or sliding dead character, I don't encounter the issuess you've listed in BGs. Same for OP's issues (many of which sounds like difficulty managing resources while correctly identifying/responding to incoming stuns and immobilizations).

And there it is, the inevitable calling-into-question of skill. Never fails to frustrate me either. Is it so hard to believe people? Must you seek any alternative to the situation but that which is laid out, clearly, by multiple people?
    I don't come here to brag, but I'm a very accomplished PvP'er, and if you don't believe me that I am, go watch others. There's numerous streamers, all skilled, respected and acknowledged, complaining about the same thing.

The evidence is there, a veritable mountain of it, yet people still refute it, and ZoS still denies/ignores it. It's baffling to me. And thanks to your motivation, I'll be focusing on capturing those moments as well, to add to the ever-growing pile of evidence.

Yes, some of those things could be a l2p issue. Lets address these in order...
    Azramel wrote: »
    1. Everyone standing still for several seconds.
    2. Being attacked by players and not knowing it until they get several hits in.
    3. My fav, being attacked with flurry by a player who's standing 30+ meters away from me.
    4. Not being able to roll dodge or break free at times.
    5. Needing to break free twice due to double CC.
    6. Not being able to cast abilities.

1. Clearly lag. Could be client-side with lousy internet, but most gamers these days understand lousy ISP. Likely server-side
    2. Could be poor player performance, but is he really deaf/blind? Missing ALL visual and audio ques? All damage popups on the screen from the UI or addons? Unlikely. More likely? Lag again. Or health desynch.
    3. Lag/bug, no other explanation. There's a video I can link of a streamer getting killed by Jabs, ON HORSEBACK WHILE SPRINTING. By a player he COULDN'T SEE. Either lag, or hacking.
    4. Could be bad resource management, but given the number of times it's happened to me, with more than enough stam to perform the action? Just as likely it's lag.
    5. This is a well-known bug, happens to me at least once every couple matches in BG.
    6. Oh boy, could be lag, could be sprint bug, could be stuck in HA animation, could be a issue where you're CC'd but it doesn't show... the list goes on.

I'm well aware that the average PvP'er is, and I'll use flowery language here to avoid upsetting the mods, unskilled.
    I'm well aware that half the people on these forums complaining, don't even properly understand the mechanics they're complaining about.
    But you can only argue Occam's Razor so far, that "they probably just don't understand" or "it's just their rig/skill/whatever" in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary. If you believe one player making a rage post is wrong, okay, maybe.
    But look at all the threads, all the players saying the same thing. Look at the streamers experiencing these issues LIVE. Look at the YouTube videos that're just mash-ups of these bugs collected from numerous sources.

They can't ALL be wrong.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you ever played a bg in the morning and on the prime time its like night and day. Feels like playing a different game early in the morning.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's running like no CP cyrodil in BGs right now, I don't see HOW it can be this bad other than there is basically no resources dedicated to it, this is like the only haven for PvP in this game and it gets treated like a delve in terms of attention. =/
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    Yes it has been pretty laggy, I even get load screen in the Middle of a fight then go back to select character screen, pvp its pretty *** up with all the lag, desync, skill delays, etc.