The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about new gear for a returning player

wavesperfect
wavesperfect
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone!

I recently came back to ESO, after watching a ton of livestreams on Twitch, but i feel like i have hit a wall, a lot of new stuff has been added to ESO, and my gear is lacking, i gathered some gear from a few dungeons, but i feel like i'm doing zero dps, i am also following a guide form alcasthq, so my skills etc should be fine, i have attatched a screenshot from my gear in-game, but i would LOVE some feedback on where, how, and when to get some new gear, i really like doing PVP, but i tried 1 battleground with my current gear, and boy was i a joke to everyone.

TL:DR - My gear is outdated, i would love to know where to get something new and better

Thank you for reading!
  • wavesperfect
    wavesperfect
    Soul Shriven
    https://imgur.com/a/R5uemmT

That was the link, not sure why it didn't come through the first post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, if your gear was fine before it is probably usable now unless we are talking the last time you played the level cap was v14.

Second, like so many major updates, we have some changes on the PTS that will change things.

Last, we need to know what you are playing and what your interests are. PvE, PvP, magicka, stam, and what class we are talking about. There is so much that can impact what would be suggested.

Edit; Screenshots posted indicate stamina. but there is still the rest. Also, I would not stress about gear until you hit CP160 as that is the gear level cap. You probably feel weaker because when you hit CP you lose the leveling boost given and are very much weaker.

For general ideas I suggest https://alcasthq.com as he provides both top gear sets information and gear that is easier to obtain. Alcast also provides CP for different levels. Please understand that it is only a reference and the site is not the bible.
    Edited by idk on July 23, 2020 4:54PM
  • wavesperfect
    wavesperfect
    Soul Shriven
    My apologies!

I am highly interested in PVP, but i do mainly play PVE, but due to lacking gear, PVP is not an option right now it feels

I am playing a warden, stamina based, nord, male, CP 117 at the moment
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My apologies!

I am highly interested in PVP, but i do mainly play PVE, but due to lacking gear, PVP is not an option right now it feels

I am playing a warden, stamina based, nord, male, CP 117 at the moment

Please look at my edit. It has a link to Alcast's site which can be helpful at your stage in the game.

Have a good day. Enjoy the game.
  • wavesperfect
    wavesperfect
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you, most of the gear i find on the site though, is something i need to craft, and i don't have the crafting needs to do so :-(
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, most of the gear i find on the site though, is something i need to craft, and i don't have the crafting needs to do so :-(

Join a guild as every guild I have been in have people who are happy to craft gear and merely ask for the required materials. I have never charged a guild member to craft for them though some have provide a tip of a few thousand gold.

Guilds are also helpful for other things like group activities. Most guild groups are better than the average GF group and will be more patient with a player learning the game/content and able to offer some help. Granted, some guilds will be better than others so keep your eye open.
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kwik1 is my use name, send me a tell in game if you are on PC and I will help you with some gear and get you in a nice little guild.
  • wavesperfect
    wavesperfect
    Soul Shriven
    Kwik1 wrote: »
    @kwik1 is my use name, send me a tell in game if you are on PC and I will help you with some gear and get you in a nice little guild.

That is very nice of you, not sure if this matters, it most likely does, but i am based in the EU, and it keeps saying "account could not be found" when trying to "tell" you
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

When getting back into the game, I would tell you a few things:

-Find a good supportive guild; there is an in-game guild search function now

-For purposes of PvP, give battlegrounds a try; yes it's sorta limited, but it's also a good way to practice, to meet others interested in PvP and to try out builds. The BG groupfinder will try to group you with similarly experienced folks - yes there are glitches - but it's a fun way to play around.

-Sets - think sets. Early on you can easily "farm" the non-vet undaunteds; and there are a few lowbie sets which will work well for you.

Edited for spelling

Edited by newtinmpls on July 25, 2020 6:39PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Kwik1
    Kwik1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah EU is a different megaserver unfortunately =( I am NA