Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting MAT harvesting.

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
Is there a way to level lock a character so I don't out level the crafting nodes I need?
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Two options I know of:

- harvest in the zone that has the required level of mat you need. Even if you have maxed out crafting, you will still see 50/50 split between the mats at your crafting level and mats in zone level.
    - reset your crafting skill on an alt to farm the level of mats you need.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weg0 wrote: »
    Two options I know of:

- harvest in the zone that has the required level of mat you need. Even if you have maxed out crafting, you will still see 50/50 split between the mats at your crafting level and mats in zone level.
    - reset your crafting skill on an alt to farm the level of mats you need.

The zone you are in does not determine the materials you get... hasn't been that way since One Tamriel came out 4 years ago.

The materials you get depend 50/50 on your CHARACTER level and the rank in that profession.

So, for example.

If you're rank 1 in blacksmithing, but CP 160+ on a character, you'll get a 50/50 split between iron ore and rubedite ore.

You can adjust your rank in the skill line to get the materials that you need. (albeit only at a 50% chance)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    Is there a way to level lock a character so I don't out level the crafting nodes I need?

Yes, don't kill anything or do any quests....

Best is to just not invest skill points in the material passive.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    One_ofMany wrote: »

Yes, don't kill anything or do any quests....

Best is to just not invest skill points in the material passive.

Also, you will want to limit travels to known places, only. That way you do not get exploration XP from visiting new places.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus