The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Vampiric Libations Furnishing Bundle] What type of Thrall would you have liked?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
If you could choose what type of thrall for ZOS to make available as a furnishing, what would it be?

I really thought they would have gone with a more classic/cliche pretty man/pretty woman nicely dressed and when you feed you primarily get an embrace-and-neck-bite animation. Or maybe someone who is dazed and therefore "willing".
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, not a fan of "Jagar Thrall™". I'd prefer more normal looking npcs, similar to cattle from TESIII, be it both prisoners and willing participants, in the type of ghouls from Vampire: The Masquerade. Maybe a thrall butler?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • LadySilvie
    LadySilvie
    ✭✭
    That would have been neat! I'd have loved a normal looking person as compared to the creepy zombie guy. Though thematically since they can be bit over and over I guess it makes sense. The current one would have to hide in the corner of my basement so as not to distract from my pretty house lol
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    LadySilvie wrote: »
    That would have been neat! I'd have loved a normal looking person as compared to the creepy zombie guy. Though thematically since they can be bit over and over I guess it makes sense. The current one would have to hide in the corner of my basement so as not to distract from my pretty house lol

I agree, It would be nice if it had some sort of a mechanic in which the thrall would start to degrade in appearance the more we used them (maybe reset back to normal after a week or none use?).

It would also be nice to be able to adjust their race/sex/looks for us RP folks. My female vamp loves the tastes of Bretons while my Orc Male vamp loves the taste of Drk Elves.

Mine sits in the bowels of Wraithhome atm.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And honestly why would a ZOMBIE even have drinkable blood <.<
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

It's not a zombie.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/soul-sworn-thrall/

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/blood-drained-thrall/#

The skin was available in the New Moon crates and was never described as being zombie in nature, or even undead.
    Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on July 21, 2020 4:13PM
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • LadySilvie
    LadySilvie
    ✭✭

It's not a zombie.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/soul-sworn-thrall/

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/blood-drained-thrall/#

The skin was available in the New Moon crates and was never described as being zombie in nature, or even undead.

It isn't described as a zombie but looks like one imo based on the flesh tone and such. I just used the term broadly. I get what they were going for though.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None, personally.

I have no desire to feed on the blood of unfortunate others, pretty or otherwise. :smile:

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a willing NPC like the one House Ravenwatch uses who is happy to provide you with blood in exchange for providing them a place to stay, you feed on them using the same animation you use when you are at a Vampire shrine, they do not take damage and cannot be killed.

Also preferably someone who is not ugly that the thought of biting them would not make you puke.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on July 22, 2020 12:16PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, who would drink from that thrall? He looks so disgusting, you're almost catching a disease by just looking at him. I'd prefer a more normal looking one. Not pretty/handsome, just normal. And more or less healthy.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like ZOS is skittish about letting people buy a human captive that can be fed on at the players whim. Hence this disgusting zombie guy that is just far enough removed from human to sorta sidestep that. The side effect is that no self respecting vampire would feed on this vile creature unless near the brink of death.

If what I said is the case, then I would honestly prefer a blood fountain or something that the player can drink from.
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a willing NPC like the one House Ravenwatch uses who is happy to provide you with blood in exchange for providing them a place to stay, you feed on them using the same animation you use when you are at a Vampire shrine, they do not take damage and cannot be killed.

Also preferably someone who is not ugly that the thought of biting them would not make you puke.

A willing thrall that is happy and healthy would be my choice too. We have seen both good and bad vampires in the world and seeing as how we play a character always going out to save the day, a happy and willing thrall makes more sense story wise imo.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have seen both good and bad vampires in the world and seeing as how we play a character always going out to save the day, a happy and willing thrall makes more sense story wise imo.

Well, you don't have to play all quests. Or you could, roleplaywise, start as a "good" vampire and leave that path later. You have the possibility to attack and bite everyone, after all.
    I feel like ZOS is skittish about letting people buy a human captive that can be fed on at the players whim.

Possible. On the other hand, the animations when you use the Blade of Woe are often quite brutal, still you can use it on every humanoid NPC (except for quest NPCs and vendors). Not sure if feeding on a prisoner is worse. I mean, you are a vampire after all, and not necessarily a nice one. Also, you had captives to feed on in Skyrim.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like ZOS is skittish about letting people buy a human captive that can be fed on at the players whim.

There was a scene in Castle Ravenwatch where their completely lucid normal-healthy-person volunteer lay on the table for them to feed. Don't know why we couldn't at least get a bland person instead of a half rotted one.
  • kellax
    kellax
    ✭✭

My thrall is standing right next to my seat at my dinner table.
  • kellax
    kellax
    ✭✭

There was a scene in Castle Ravenwatch where their completely lucid normal-healthy-person volunteer lay on the table for them to feed. Don't know why we couldn't at least get a bland person instead of a half rotted one.

There were two appearance pieces last month (arterial map) that would have been great for a normal looking person to be our thrall, instead of the zombie.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None, a chalice or something would have been better.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An object would be cool, but maybe a more typical NPC character (maybe with a choice of male or female) -- one that is a willing participant and then you can see tending to something (like pulls out a broom, sweeps, walks around lol).

I know that's not something they have in ESO atm, but in BDO there are these fairy maids & butlers which you summon for remote storage/marketplace and can place them in your homes. They walk around sweeping. taking a break etc.. but can be called at any moment with a button.

It's pretty cool tbh

Although, this one makes sense from the perspective of it constantly reviving.

Edit: I just read another topic about "House Guests" & "Pathing", so maybe they are adding something like that. I need to read up/watch where the Devs talk about it as I haven't yet. Awesome tbh!
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on August 5, 2020 8:39AM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After watching BBC's dracula I decided the thrall was pretty perfect. He looks like the life has been thoroughly drained. I recommend the three part series, the vampire house in it is interesting to look at too plus it's quite humorous.