The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game stuttering again (PS4 NA)

vivisectvib16_ESO
vivisectvib16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
This has been happening a lot this week/weekend.. similar to the stutter when killing enemies last month, I've had this happen while just travelling around the game - in the open world, delves, dungeons and even my player home.

6sec into the video below to see what I'm talking about.

https://youtu.be/a15keGgZFrM
Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on July 20, 2020 4:22AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are experiencing bad latency while playing you should check your internet connection for any network or service outages and follow the process below:
    1. See if there are any known problems with the PlayStation Network online service: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/.
    2. Check all the physical devices on the network to ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
    3. Perform a connection test on each device connected to the network.

You can refer to this link for more information on how to connect to the PSN network.

We also recommend that you use an ethernet cable instead of a wireless connection.

If you are unable to identify the issue, you should verify your network and perform a connection test on the console first. This is explained here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_test.html.

We also recommend you ensure that the ports needed for the game and PSN are open. The ports for our game and PSN are as follows:
    • TCP Ports 10040 through 10060
    • UDP Ports 50000 through 60000
    • UDP Ports 12000 through 32000
    • UDP Port 6250
    • UDP Port 5060
    • UDP Port 5062
    • UDP Port 3478 through 3479
    • TCP Port 80
    • TCP Port 433
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_BillE - no connectivity issues here, and it only seems to be an ESO thing..is this a known issue?
  • Rayden715
    Rayden715
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here, ps4 EU.

This started for me precisely after the patch to fix the freeze on XP gain on June 23rd. The freeze was fixed, and this new stutter/latency drop was introduced.

The stutter/latency drop occurs randomly just walking overland. However it happenes every time when entering combat of any sort, overland solo or group activities.

I have tried all the fixes noted above, they do not help whatsoever.

Pls advise/fix
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rayden715 - thanks for posting!

@ZOS_BillE - It was super prevalent for me last night. In addition to the steps above, I have also tried deleting the game save, rebuilding my database, power cycling my modem and finally reinstalling the game - none of these fixed the issue. Still happening. :(
  • Arantesovelha
    Arantesovelha
    ✭✭✭
    I’m having the exact same problem

Very annoying
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE - now noticing this happening even more so during prime time hours. It still happens during the daytime, but a lot less than it does after 4/5pm est. Perhaps a server strain issue on your end, ZOS?
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on July 22, 2020 10:12PM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE any updates? Can you confirm that this is a known issue that is being worked on for resolution? It takes away from the enjoyment of the game quite a bit, much like the XP gain stutter previously.

Cc: @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Rayden715
    Rayden715
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed.

The stutter is severe enough that I am unable to position/move my character correctly and am also unable to aim properly.

Unable to do any simple dungeon or trial at this point and avoiding all group activities.

Kindly advise/update

Best
  • Midnite_Toker
    Midnite_Toker
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having same issues as well. It get so bad sometimes you just want to throw the game out the window because you can't even talk to a ncp without it stuttering or trying to teleport from a wayshrine to a different area because of it.
  • Arantesovelha
    Arantesovelha
    ✭✭✭
    Any news??

The pvp is unplayable for me right now.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are continuing to experience stuttering while playing ESO on the PS4 and the troubleshooting above has not helped, there are a few more things you can try on your end to help with your connection.

• Turn off the router for 10 minutes and restart the console.
    • Make sure there is no maintenance on the PlayStation Network.
    • Make sure the most recent system and game updates are installed.

In addition to these steps, you can also change the DNS settings on your PS4.
    1. Go to Settings.
    2. Got to Network.
    3. Select Set up internet connection.
    4. Select Wifi or Lan depending on the connection needed.
    5. Select Custom.
    6. Set the IP Address Settings to Automatic.
    7. Set the DHCP Host Name to Do Not Specify.
    8. Set the DNS Settings to Manual.
      • Primary DNS 8.8.8.8
      • Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4
    9. Set the MTU Settings to Automatic.
    10. Set the Proxy Server to None.

If none of the above helps, you can open a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE - thanks for responding, Bill. I've tried all of these and the issue persists. I've submitted this as a bug report (incident #200726-009317) as it does not seem to be a user issue, since it is impacting several players. Hoping we can receive an update that is a known issue that is being looked at. Thanks!!
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on July 26, 2020 11:00PM
  • Rayden715
    Rayden715
    Soul Shriven
    Hello

Likewise, I have also performed all mentioned steps as listed out below. The problem persists, and as noted, this is an issue for more players. This problem occurred after the last fix patch, a review of those changes will most likely lead to identifying the actual issue.

This issue IS at the Server end and NOT the Client end.

The game is currently unplayable (for me) for any vet content, and extremely unenjoyable for simple activities and events.

Steps taken:
    PSN network checked and confirmed enabled
    Internet tests done repeatedly with v. good results
    DNS changed to recommended
    Port Triggering enabled to recommend
    Router power cycled
    Console power cycled
    Save file deleted
    Force checked console for system updates
    Rebuilt console database

Tickets have already been opened by other players, therefore have not opened a ticket (yet..).

Cheers
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Must be my internet too ;) because I'm having the same issue and none of the above steps work.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • Rayden715
    Rayden715
    Soul Shriven
    Hi guys,

Can we have an update please on this issue

Thanks
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crossing my fingers that this extended maintenance is to resolve the issue. Any word @ZOS_BillE ?
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMFAO. Desyncs and stuttering are worse after the patch. Game stutters while doing normal questing. vma is literally unplayable. Don't know how someone can get it so wrong 100% of the time!!!

Maybe we will get extended, extended maintenance tomorrow.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word @ZOS_BillE? Confirmation that it's a known issue that is being investigated would go a long way. Thanks!
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decided on a whim to log into the forums after many months of not playing the game, just to see if ZOS has done anything about PS4 performance... and I see they’re still blaming their customers, LOL.

Some of you guys posting in this thread must be fairly new, so I’ll spare you the frustration: it’s not an issue on your end. It’s the same ol’ poor performance that drove many of us console ESO vets on to other multiplayer games that run flawlessly. (Edit: huh, nevermind, looks like most of you have been around for a while. Guess you had higher tolerance for poor performance than I did, or didn’t PVP regularly in Cyrodiil where the performance issues were — and I assume still are — even worse than in PVE areas.)

Maybe things will get better when the PS5 launches. Until then? Count on ZOS to do nada to solve ESO’s performance problems on PS4.
    Edited by Aurielle on August 1, 2020 6:52PM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we get an update as to whether this issue is being looked into? Kind of frustrating to feel like no one is listening.
  • Rayden715
    Rayden715
    Soul Shriven
    Folks,

The issue persists.

As mentioned above, (at least to me) it seems this was the follow up glitch introduced when the XP-gain freeze glitch (introduced in May\June) was resolved.

Therefore we have been unable to play effectively form June due to this system glitch.

Hopefully this issue is investigated and resolved pretty soon.

Best.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    This is also occurring on PC NA outside of combat with no noticeable latency or FPS drops. Seriously doubt the changes to your network settings on the PS4 is going to resolve this issue.
    Edited by xRIVALENx on August 6, 2020 11:00AM
  • Rayden715
    Rayden715
    Soul Shriven
    xRIVALENx wrote: »
    This is also occurring on PC NA outside of combat with no noticeable latency or FPS drops. Seriously doubt the changes to your network settings on the PS4 is going to resolve this issue.

Agree, same on PS4 (EU).
    Random stutters outside of combat (sometimes just walking around), almost every time in combat (of any sort.. I'm talking mudcrabs on a deserted beach here..).
    I am not even talking about desyncs, disconnects, bar-swap failures, skill delay, etc., which are all quite present as well.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xRIVALENx wrote: »

100%.

It’s not the PS Network or your router settings when it’s affecting everyone on your platform, as well as other people on other platforms.......
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we get an update as to whether this issue is being looked into? Kind of frustrating to feel like no one is listening.

I tagged ‘em all during Elsweyr, which was completely unplayable in Cyrodiil and with issues popping up in PVE as well, prior to uninstalling the game. Didn’t do much good...

No one has been listening to PS4 players’ concerns for a very, very long time.
    Edited by Aurielle on August 6, 2020 11:56AM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a little sick and tired of sinking money into this game via ESO+ and the crown store, only to be ignored when there is a serious issue with playability.

The stuttering is getting more pronounced, but seems to have added on more input lag than usual and a ton of lag + random disconnects during any major group content (such as a trial or dungeon) which, I personally have NEVER experienced, to this level, prior to this.

I don't want to hear anything about my router settings, etc. I've been playing this game since launch and my internet/setup has never been an issue. The issue is on your side ZOS, PLEASE confirm that this is being looked into!
    Edited by vivisectvib16_ESO on August 7, 2020 2:03AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting a little sick and tired of sinking money into this game via ESO+ and the crown store, only to be ignored when there is a serious issue with playability.

The stuttering is getting more pronounced, but seems to have added on more input lag than usual and a ton of lag + random disconnects during any major group content (such as a trial or dungeon) which, I personally have NEVER experienced, to this level, prior to this.

I don't want to hear anything about my router settings, etc. I've been playing this game since launch and my internet/setup has never been an issue. The issue is on your side ZOS, PLEASE confirm that this is being looked into!

I’d encourage you to vote with your money and uninstall the game like I did, but hey, there’s someone complaining in general that they spent over £1000 on the current batch of Crown Crates and still didn’t get the radiant apex mount they wanted... I don’t think ZOS cares much at all about our ESO+ subs, our minor Crown Store purchases, and our expectations for a well-performing game when there are people literally throwing thousands at them for a chance at acquiring a mount.

I’m going to try the game again when I get my PS5, but not dropping another CENT in ZOS’s pockets until these performance issues are resolved.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello? @ZOS_BillE
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @vivisectvib16_ESO

I don't have any updates at this time I can provide regarding this performance issue. Your previous bug report tickets were successfully submitted.
    Staff Post
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is still experiencing stutters/lagspikes even post update. Kind of makes it difficult to continuously/properly heal a group when your game hangs every 5 minutes for 3 seconds at a time.
  • Rayden715
    Rayden715
    Soul Shriven
    No change noted from my earlier experience.

The moment i engage in combat, of any sort (alone over-world, group activities), FPS goes down substantially and the entire games stutters. This renders the product unusable as am unable to participate in combat of any type.

Will be taking a break from ESO to play functional games for now, will check in Forums periodically to see if this issue has been identified and resolved.
This discussion has been closed.