Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arms pack with purple light?

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Has there been an arms pack with weapons that cast a purple ambient light? I don't know why information on the arms packs is so hard to find.
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about the light output, but the current Scourge Harvester set has a really nice purple swirly effect.
    eyamB1tm.png

You can also get a purple ambient light from using a Weakening enchantment on a weapon.
    RwLKsKfm.png

EDIT: added pics
    Edited by tomofhyrule on July 20, 2020 4:17AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @tomofhyrule Oh yes, I love the swirling effect on the Scourge Harvester weapons! I wish that it came with a glow. I guess I will rely on my gloam wolf pup to provide the glow. :D

I see you added pictures! That's awesome! Thanks! Does the purple glow from the weakening effect fade after unsheathing?
    Edited by SickleCider on July 20, 2020 4:54AM
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Lord Warden arms pack had a purple glow if I remember correctly.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scourge Harvester Staff for those that didn't see it posted in the other thread ...

tgD5HHu.png
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see you added pictures! That's awesome! Thanks! Does the purple glow from the weakening effect fade after unsheathing?

Just tested it - the ambient glow fades a few seconds after unsheathing, but it does leave a permanent purple overlay.
    RvlGumrm.png
    pjrjVY9m.png

EDIT: also note about Lord Warden - it's got a purple glow as well, but it doesn't look like it emits light. I don't have it so I can't test myself, but here's a link to a pic on Eso-Fashion and it shows no light effect. Moot point anyway since it's unavailable.

As a sidenote, can we see Monster Set rereleases? I'd like to get my hands on Ilambris...and not the Opal one (which has blue flames and a blue light effect)
    Edited by tomofhyrule on July 20, 2020 5:38PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks, everyone! I appreciate it. :)

@whitecrow Do you happen to know whether Lord Warden actually threw light? I remember being disappointed in the Shadowrend pack because it didn't throw light and the purple effect was under presented.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It might have been just an aura or smoke effect. I remember liking it but not buying it because the color scheme was too similar to Shadowrend, which I had, though Shadowrend has purple "smoke."
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you! I don't think I'm missing anything, then. If I remember correctly, I might have seen the Lord Warden arms pack in a crown store showcase and never logged in to check it out because I thought the staff looked really silly (just the warden's head stuck on top.) I don't have Shadowrend either. I did pick up the Scourge Harvester set, which has a really lovely cosmic particle effect, though once more I wish it had the light. I don't know why they're so inconsistent with this!
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I love the Harvester set. I bought that, Shadowrend, and Troll King.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whitecrow wrote: »
    Yeah I love the Harvester set. I bought that, Shadowrend, and Troll King.

I have Harvester, Troll King, Slimecraw (I think I was one of two people that liked it), and Illambris.

I also have Opal Illambris. I'd love for them to do more Opal weapons, with a purple glow, sksksksksksk. >_>
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've just been buying some opal styles from guild traders. For some reason I never thought to check before. I guess I thought they would be bound, or that no one would want to sell them.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope! They can be really expensive right now, though, especially the staves. I got Illambris within the first hour of the original event for 80k.