Getting the "This account is already logged in" bug again

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there something in particular that causes this?
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you crash to log-in (other times as well), there is a 30 second timer before you can log back in. This timer was put in place because logging back in to quickly can cause other problems and crashes. It's not a bug, it is ZOS's attempt to prevent other problems.
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's baffling is when I get this error during my first login attempt of the day.
    Options
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run into fairly frequently on my first login attempt of the day. I think it is caused by the client having some type of a connection issue with the server and poor coding that doesn't give an accurate error message. I don't expect ZOS to ever fix it so sigh and login again.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    What's baffling is when I get this error during my first login attempt of the day.

It's obviously a bug.

I think that, during login, the client lost connection to the server, but the server did not notice. The client might be trying again, but the server does not know the first attempt failed, so it thinks you are logged in. Server tells client that you are logged in. Client just blindly passes that along, because it doesn't know any better. This clears after a few seconds, but not before the client has given you the message.

Just a wild guess.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about the first time logging in, but if the game falls over whilst you are in combat, then you will get the already logged in error. If you were not in combat, then I find that I can log back in immediately.
    Options
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time when changing character and ending up in an endless loading screen. This bug hasn't been fixed for a while, too.
    Options