The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Invincible in Cyrodiil

djhuff23b14_ESO
I'm interested in learning how to become invincible in PVP. I've come across some players that are seemingly invincible. No matter how many people go up against them they don't die. I would love to know how to achieve this so that I can't die no matter how many people are attacking me. So, I know it's possible, how do I do it? Any invcible pvp'ers out there wanna let me in on the immortality secret?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details, please.

Are the players attacking them stringing out into onesies and twosies as they chase that player around obstacles?

Because the answer to that type of 1vXer is to stick together and fight as a group. If you can't or won't stick together, don't fall for the bait.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That guy was probably using a troll tank build. Search for a up to date tank build for pvp for your avaible classes.

PvP tank builds: they are hard to kill and they are usefull for one thing (cc, buff, debuff etc)
    Troll tank builds: they are even harder to kill but they are totaly useless and ignorable. but zergs WANT to kill them anyways :D
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invincible isn't the word. I know what you mean and more than likely what you saw was a group of pvpers that did not know how to bring a tank down. No tank can take a zerg on and not die. Now you want to know how to get an almost unkillable tank. First you need resistance around 33000 this is the cap. If you go over cap only go over as far as major and minor debuff can remove your resistance. Major around 5280 and minor around 1300. Next is major and minor protection this is the best and this is how tanks do it. I prefer ironblood armor highest uptime of major protection. For an easier setup, hist sap jewelry and battalion defender together at least 30k health in pvp and rest in stam get as much block cost reduction as possible. Heavy armor ability, this is OP for about 6 to 7 seconds holding block. Using this ability at full resources you will heal all the way up as a zerg tried to destroy you ot is awesome. Now about troll tanking I know they're hated by most of cyrodiil but they're the best imo. I ress people sometimes over 100 players in a day. Also i push into zergs sieging so my allies can see let's get these guys, I burn the siege they're using and we usually put the door back up and they either get destroyed or leave lol.
    On ps4, if you are as well, I'll teach you first hand.
    Edited by Spartabunny08 on July 19, 2020 2:14PM
  • djhuff23b14_ESO
    Ok, so I get their tank builds but they seem to be very balanced between survivability and DPS. I've had one of these tanks hit me twice and I drop. How are they generating that kind of DPS? My Phys and spell resist are at 20k and I use evasion which I figure isn't that bad considering I have my DPS over 4k and health and stam are 20 and 30k respectively and my stam regen is excellent. All around it is a decent build. Is it the emperor buffs that are making the difference? Only thing I haven't achieved with this toon yet.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperor buffs are only granted to the one player and only for the duration of their emperorship, @djhuff23b14_ESO.

There are no longer former Emperor passives.

You might also want to double check your Crit Resist.

In this current "burst meta" you ideally want to have 3k or more Crit Resist ... and never go below 2.5k unless you have 100% uptime on damage shields.
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=185306

Heres a build ive used to tank 20 players at same time, just hold block and keep buffs up and los when needed. Break free as fast as possible.

Old build video with some gameplay immovable is getting changed so not worth using anymore.
    https://youtu.be/Y4nKaNxWHHI
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm interested in learning how to become invincible in PVP. I've come across some players that are seemingly invincible. No matter how many people go up against them they don't die. I would love to know how to achieve this so that I can't die no matter how many people are attacking me. So, I know it's possible, how do I do it? Any invcible pvp'ers out there wanna let me in on the immortality secret?
    You're most likely thinking of 1vXers. These people most likely run a balanced stamina necro, warden or DK that's on the tanky side without being an outright tank. The main reason they survive is because they are very experienced. They are familiar with how every other common build works, they know the terrain and they know how to act in any given situation. If you want to do the same, there is no easy answer except to keep learning from every possible source and to practice, practice, practice.

You could play an outright tank, which is a discipline unto itself and can be successful in staving off zergs for long periods of time. I don't personally like it, because you won't really kill anyone with such a build and your destiny is always, always to die eventually, having accomplished nothing in terms of alliance points or objectives, at least not on your own. If you get a kick out of it, fair enough. You might help a group, if you can manage to be a honeypot or have skills / sets that debuff the enemy. Smart enemies, however, will leave you till last and tackle you only once they're finished with everything else, such as taking the keep. Furthermore, if you run into experienced small-scalers, you'll die at the hands of just two or three of those. I suppose it depends on how tanky and compromised they are themselves, but basically they will kill you. In Imperial City a tank that has drawn NPC aggro tends to get stuck in a district, because they can't kill the NPCs very fast. In BGs I guess there are modes where a tank can be useful, I'm not sure.

If you play a nightblade or perhaps a sorc with Streak and Invisibility potions, you are also technically invincible, provided you play very conservatively. Ultimately it's your choice whether to engage at all. I'm guessing that's not what you had in mind, but those are arguably still the solo classes of choice, due to their ability to disengage from fights. The "invincible" tanky players tend to run in a duo or small groups. Think about it. That invincible player you saw, did he have a friend in the resource tower you were fighting in that was just momentarily away, or was he perhaps the last of a group of small-scalers, holding out in a keep that just turned. If not that, did he embroil you in an endless fight on an awkward, rocky ledge? People like that lure you into positions that mitigate numerical advantages to some degree.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I get their tank builds but they seem to be very balanced between survivability and DPS. I've had one of these tanks hit me twice and I drop. How are they generating that kind of DPS? My Phys and spell resist are at 20k and I use evasion which I figure isn't that bad considering I have my DPS over 4k and health and stam are 20 and 30k respectively and my stam regen is excellent. All around it is a decent build. Is it the emperor buffs that are making the difference? Only thing I haven't achieved with this toon yet.

You are very correct about very balanced between survivability and damage. Most use a S&B on defense side for superior damage mitigation. Most likely two hand for damage. Stamina is easier to build up damage on than mag. I prefer mag myself. But either way one needs the resource pool you're using to be quite good at least 30k. It's generally higher. Each 10 stam equals 1 weapon damage. 5 medium is a damage bonus. So something like draugr hulk with pariah would equal a lot of stam a lot of tankiness and infused weapon damage on jewelry gonna be over 5k weapon damage add say 30k stam is another 3k weapon damage. You could use 2 different pieces of monster sets to give armor or more damage and that's a wrap. This is speed for kiting tankiness for defense and a lot of damage to kill with.

Also if they can kill you not a real tank. Best I can do with my tank is bash light attack and CC. Anything more is a tanky DPS like I built up above.

Emp buff isn't God mode, used to be. See YouTube for details of old emps you will not be disappointed lol. Today's emps do have double resources double damage and generate double the amount of ultimate.