The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to update old Mods

RSram
RSram
✭✭✭✭✭
There are lots of old mods that are now outdated due to no support from the original programmer. So I know how to program in LUA, but, I'm not so knowledgeable with the ESO programming interface. So how does ESO determine that an addon is out of date, so I can fix the code and make it up to date?
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "out of date" message itself can be fixed by editing the add-on's TXT file and modifying the line:

## APIVersion: 100031

to be the latest API version (100031 at this time). Note that this only removes the out-of date message...the add-on may still break if it uses old/removed/changed API functions.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • MinnesotaKid
    MinnesotaKid
    ✭✭✭
    You can also just check the "allow out dated add-ons" box on the add-on screen.
    Most add-ons are fully functional even though the client thinks they're out of date.

For keeping add-ons up to date I use Minion. (those that can be updated)
    MinnesotaKid

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't worry about Out of Date addons that work.

Only Broken Addons.

Note, Lib Files, which are Databases for addons, are usually the parts that need to be kept up to date these days. So if an addon is not working, verify you are running the needed Lib files.
    Edited by Nestor on July 24, 2020 3:28PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"