The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2 items in the Vampiric Libations bundle? Is this a joke?

Chuck_Finley
Chuck_Finley
✭✭✭
2 items for 4k crowns vs the Khajiiti Life bundle that has been on sale for forever with almost 40 items in it for 3,500.

Between this 2 item pack and and the nightfall crates that are largely just reskins of the same items already in game over and over I feel let down. I really liked the vampire theme this year, enough to break my no preorders rule and I preordered greymoor, the only game I preoredered in years by the way. But they are just so disappointingly cheap with the crown store vampire items. I'm standing here, wanting to give you money and it's just been such a letdown.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These items actually have a purpose and that is to control the Vampire feeding state.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm NOT going to pay 4k crowns for that. Sorry, too much for a dummy target.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    I know, is that an argument not to put some banners or plants or random furnishings in the bundle as well?
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention:

A: You can only feed on the thrall if he is a significant distance away and facing away from you, meaning you will need to have him face a corner blair witch style if you want to feed from him in any non-notable home.

B: The Font is so large bretons cant see over the lip at the edge, if you clip it into any object or the floor it doesnt work, so again not much use in non-notable homes.

Looks like these items were designed with Bastion Sanquinis in mind, shame it hasnt been made available yet.
    Edited by Thannazzar on July 16, 2020 2:53PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thrall looks a lot like Tharn :#
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That thrall looks a lot like Tharn :#

He cannot catch a break can he, I put him in a cage with a nice fur bed and a nice cold drumstick
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as people keep chucking money at them for little effort/value in return, they'll keep the prices at ridiculous levels.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At PC EU Crown prices, the Vampire bundle is around 1,000,000 gold. :smiley:

I won't tell anybody how to spend their money, but you can run the numbers on just how maaany of these drinks that money would get you (which give stat buffs too in addition to the vamp Stage effects) to break even:
    0alsl4clt4251.png?width=830&format=png&auto=webp&s=26aa0fc4a62211dee1e27329be73f38d10e3d382
    So essentially you're paying 4k Crowns for an NPC and an oversized fountain for 1 of your houses ...
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol!

ZOS rework a skill line which is flawed and then sell something which alleviates that for £25 on the crown store!

God, they view their player-base as suckers.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    At PC EU Crown prices, the Vampire bundle is around 1,000,000 gold. :smiley:

I won't tell anybody how to spend their money, but you can run the numbers on just how maaany of these drinks that money would get you (which give stat buffs too in addition to the vamp Stage effects) to break even:
    0alsl4clt4251.png?width=830&format=png&auto=webp&s=26aa0fc4a62211dee1e27329be73f38d10e3d382
    So essentially you're paying 4k Crowns for an NPC and an oversized fountain for 1 of your houses ...

On PC NA the crowns currently go for 150:1.

At that rate, it would cost me 600k gold for the bundle. According to my addon tooltip showing the estimated cost of crafting a Purifying Bloody Mara (the cost of the ingredients), it is 40 gold for one drink. So it would take me 15,000 Purifying Bloody Maras until the Vampiric Libations Bundle is worth it.

Say, for some reason, I feed to increase my stage to 4 every single day for solo content/ questing (sprint invisibility) but also do pledges or trials afterwards and want my stage to be 3 for health regen. If I drink one Purifying Bloody Mara a day, it would take me over 41 years until it cost as much as the bundle. If I drink 3 a day to go from 4->1, it would still take almost 14 years. And of course feeding on an NPC is free, and enemies are abundant so it would cost nothing to get to stage 4 every day.

For me, this is definitely not worth it. I was prepared to spend 2,000 crowns, which I had saved up, but 4,000? No way.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner