The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Problems with GetInfamyLevel()

MoonlightShadow
MoonlightShadow
✭✭✭
I am having trouble getting useful information out of the function GetInfamyLevel(). No matter what I do, it always returns that I am at infamy level "0" which means it thinks I am Upstanding. I can have the Kill On Sight active and when I use the code snippit below, it returns an infamy level of "0", meaning I am Upstanding. Which obviously I am not since the guards are beating on me while I run the code. It seems no matter what level of bounty I have, or if the guards are hitting me with sharp pointy objects and deadly spells, the function GetInfamyLevel() always cheerfully replies that I have an Infamy level of "0" which corresponds to INFAMY_THRESHOLD_UPSTANDING. Yay me!!

I am probably missing something really simple.

The code below is embedded in a slash command so I can check it at any time by sending the slash command.

local infamyNumber = GetInfamyLevel()
d("Infamy Level: " .. infamyNumber)
if infamyNumber == INFAMY_THRESHOLD_DISREPUTABLE then
d("Disreputable")
elseif infamyNumber == INFAMY_THRESHOLD_UPSTANDING then
d("Upstanding")
elseif infamyNumber == INFAMY_THRESHOLD_NOTORIOUS then
d("Notorious")
elseif infamyNumber == INFAMY_THRESHOLD_FUGITIVE then
d("Fugitive")
end
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out that the first line should be: local infamyNumber = GetInfamyLevel(GetInfamy())