The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

the hunt for a radiant

stevusbeefus
stevusbeefus
✭✭✭
keeping track of how may crates until i get a radiant, at 93 so far and nothing.
see how much more gold i need to blow on crates for one, geting kinda pissed about how many its taken so far
@stevusbeefus if u wanna send some
apex count: 3
Radiant Apex count: 0
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭

Edit:
    got my radiant
    Crates Opened: 142
    Apex:5
    Radiant Apex: 1
    grdHam7.png
    Edited by stevusbeefus on July 30, 2020 4:35PM
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you have a .01% chance of getting one. To put it in perspective; in WOW there was a rare mount with the same drop rate in a dungeon. I ran the dungeon 436 times. The mount dropped on the 437th run. RNG can be that way. There were other rare mounts that dropped on my first run. Just be prepared to spend a lot of money.
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    I think you have a .01% chance of getting one. To put it in perspective; in WOW there was a rare mount with the same drop rate in a dungeon. I ran the dungeon 436 times. The mount dropped on the 437th run. RNG can be that way. There were other rare mounts that dropped on my first run. Just be prepared to spend a lot of money.

the odds are 0.26 not .0. 01 is a 1/10000, 0.1 is 1/1000

the odds for a radiant are actually like 1/400
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've opened more crates than I care to admit, but I've not once gotten a radiant.

Fortunately for me, I care more about the cosmetics, so I'm usually just getting gems to buy the costumes or whatever. I'd prefer if it was in the store and I didn't have to use gamble mechanics though. At least everything but the radiants are available to buy. This next set of crates though...ooh, there's gonna be a lot of good stuff there.

I'll admit that I'd have loved to get any of the Frost Atronach radiants or the radiant wolf from the Hollowjacks, but otherwise I don't actually need them. Honestly, most times I hope I won't get one - I'd hate to get some super rare mount that I think is ugly af and then don't use. Pity you don't get them as tradeable runeboxes or something, or get a radiant token that you can exchange for one you want...

Based on https://www.crowncrates.com/, they give the radiants at just around 0.2%, so it's about a 1-in-500 chance.

What I did get once was the sweetroll, and I think that's got about the same chances.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be 1 in 400 or even 1 in 500, but that does not mean you will get one if you buy and open 500 crates.

Anyway, as you might guess, you have a 1 in 2 chance of getting one in your first 250 crates. A 1 in 2 chance in your second 250 crates... third 250 crates... etc.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got a radiant apex once, it was the most crates from one season I ever bought, namely 45. It was in the Baandari Pedler crate season and I got a black dwarven spider, which was exactly what I wanted. I didn't set out with the goal of getting it of course, I was hoping to get the normal apex spider. I was unusually lucky with those rates too, I got an apex horse and senche and enough gems for both spider mount and pet. I spent 12k Crowns on those 3 packs since they were on the end of season promo, something apparently ZOS doesn't do anymore.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My advice is this: Don't.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apex count: 1
    Radiant count: 0
    Crates opened: 75

And then, I bought a single crate, not part of a package, and I dropped the lich horse!

Exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine, with the difference that he opened 150 crates, then bought an individual crate and dropped it too.
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    FabresFour wrote: »
    Apex count: 1
    Radiant count: 0
    Crates opened: 75

And then, I bought a single crate, not part of a package, and I dropped the lich horse!

Exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine, with the difference that he opened 150 crates, then bought an individual crate and dropped it too.

wow thats insanely *** lucky
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, imagine spending £250+ to get an in game cosmetic horse.

lol-gif-35.gif
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    dhboy123 wrote: »

lol-gif-35.gif

bought em with gold XD
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    crates opened:111
    radiant apex: 0
    apex: 3

damn this sucks lmao
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you are a billionaire and/or are going for some of the other stuff in that season too and/or are trying to build up a stock of gems (from the many duplicates you must be getting by now) to buy something else specific, just stop, would be my advice.

Like most other players, I have no Radiants and I don't expect to ever get any.

I only really like one of them, anyway - it's from a season I don't like the Apex mounts from and I would almost certainly get one of the other Radiants, instead (if I got one at all), even if I lost my mind enough to try go for it.

So, there is no point in even thinking about it.

No mount in a game is worth more than about £25, to me, anyway and some of the ordinary mounts, let alone some of the Apexes, are nicer looking than most of the Radiants.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lol-gif-35.gif

bought em with gold XD

OK, well stop once you have exhausted that gold, then. :wink:
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why so many people hate the idea of spending money in game, if you have it and want to spend it, go for it. I mean compare it to most hobbies... No one blinks an eye if a sports fan spends $70 a month on an expensive cable plan, buys some ridiculously overpriced memorabilia, goes to a game or two, all for maybe 20-30 hours of entertainment a month. (Not hating on sports fans, it's just the example that popped to mind, but you can insert almost any hobby there)
    But it's looked down on if we spend a hundred bucks a month or something like that in game, a game many people get 100+ hours of enjoyment from a month.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athyrium93 wrote: »
    I don't get why so many people hate the idea of spending money in game

Studios tend to abuse it. Even if a studio is "not too bad" or "not as bad as others", the stigma still exists.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Dwemer season radiant apex horse once... it came from a pack of 4 chests which also contained two (!) Dwemer wolf mounts. Got the regular Dwemer horse and Senche mount from a pack of 15 chests I bought some time later.

Seems drop rates were better back then...
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Athyrium93 wrote: »
    I don't get why so many people hate the idea of spending money in game, if you have it and want to spend it, go for it. I mean compare it to most hobbies... No one blinks an eye if a sports fan spends $70 a month on an expensive cable plan, buys some ridiculously overpriced memorabilia, goes to a game or two, all for maybe 20-30 hours of entertainment a month. (Not hating on sports fans, it's just the example that popped to mind, but you can insert almost any hobby there)
    But it's looked down on if we spend a hundred bucks a month or something like that in game, a game many people get 100+ hours of enjoyment from a month.

It's not a case of hating the idea of spending money, it's a case of the amount of money involved (often, in exchange for very little) compared with what these things actually cost to produce (often, very little) and also, the fact that people are forced to gamble for the remote chance of getting something they want, rather than being able to buy it directly.

Bearing in mind that some of us are already paying a sub, on top of anything else we may spend...
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 22, 2020 1:52PM
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭

lol-gif-35.gif

bought em with gold XD

Still funds the crown store though doesn't it.

XD
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    update
    crates opened: 116
    Apex: 5
    Radiant Apex: 0
    looks like ima buy 40 more crates
  • Starpulsechic
    Starpulsechic
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing since 2018.

I opened 35 psijic crates today and got my first radiant apex which was the Green-Graht Ghost Cat.

I've seen a few of the other 2 radiant apex's around but I havent seen anyone with Green Ghost Cat.

Also got psijic senche, psijic camel, Dwemer spider

I appreciate how lucky I am to have this RNG, ive spoken to people who have been playing since launch and havent yet had a radiant apex.

Edited by Starpulsechic on July 24, 2020 3:43PM
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing since 2018.

I opened 35 psijic crates today and got my first radiant apex which was the Green-Graht Ghost Cat.

I've seen a few of the other 2 radiant apex's around but I havent seen anyone with Green Ghost Cat.

Also got psijic senche, psijic camel, Dwemer spider

I appreciate how lucky I am to have this RNG, ive spoken to people who have been playing since launch and havent yet had a radiant apex.

congrats! im at 120 nightfall crates and no radiant, plan to buy 38 more next week
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    update:
    Crates Opened: 120
    going to buy 38 more next week and hope
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    update:
    Crates Opened: 125
    bought the apex horse so now I have all 6 apex
    going to buy 34 crates next week
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend, have you ever heard the phrase that sometimes 'less is more?'

Adopting that mindset might help your bank account :)

• stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    My friend, have you ever heard the phrase that sometimes 'less is more?'

Adopting that mindset might help your bank account :)

ima quit spending money on it, start spending gold instead
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend spent eso+ crowns on 4 new moon crates last fall. He got the radiant vampire wolf on the last one.

He’s never purchased another crate since.
  • Phanex
    Phanex
    ✭✭✭
    Man, that sucks. I'm not here to brag, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Crates Opened: 30

I didn't even know that there were Radiant Apex rewards, I just saw this green looking tiger and thought "it must be a glitch". Thanks to the website provided now I know.

But come to think of it, I don't recall seeing many Orange/Red cards dropping when I open my crates in the past. I only get 30~45 to try my luck at things and getting some cooler looking costumes and mounts to help with the RP of my toons.

• stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    FINALLY AFTER 142 crates the lichhorse drops
    Crates Opened: 142
    IM FINALLY DONE :)

grdHam7.png
    Edited by stevusbeefus on July 30, 2020 4:36PM
  • stevusbeefus
    stevusbeefus
    ✭✭✭
    Phanex wrote: »
    Man, that sucks. I'm not here to brag, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Crates Opened: 30

I didn't even know that there were Radiant Apex rewards, I just saw this green looking tiger and thought "it must be a glitch". Thanks to the website provided now I know.

But come to think of it, I don't recall seeing many Orange/Red cards dropping when I open my crates in the past. I only get 30~45 to try my luck at things and getting some cooler looking costumes and mounts to help with the RP of my toons.

dont worry about it, just got the lichsteed so now im happy lol
    grdHam7.png
    Edited by stevusbeefus on July 30, 2020 4:36PM