The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Why would you play stamina on pve?

Edelner
Edelner
✭✭
Just like the title.Trials? No, magicka is easier, due to shield, range dps and more mobility.In some trials like vCR+3 or vAS+2 stamina is not allowed by most of groups.Dungeons? (vet, dlc) No, very simillar to trials (magicka is easier, faster etc.) So maybe Mealstorm Arena? Huh...no.As usual magicka is better.Most of the highest score belong to magicka characters.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a year ago or so highest vMA score was stamblade, best vCR and vAS groups were bow/bow dds, and it was harder to find vSS groups for mag cause most wanted stam to parse on dragons.

So ye. Before stam was king. Now it is mag. Happens. After terrasian & b4b nerf it might be stam again (especially since Berserking warrior gets like 5% crit(?) buff, even though rele took the hit).
  • Edelner
    Edelner
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    a year ago or so highest vMA score was stamblade, best vCR and vAS groups were bow/bow dds, and it was harder to find vSS groups for mag cause most wanted stam to parse on dragons.

So ye. Before stam was king. Now it is mag. Happens. After terrasian & b4b nerf it might be stam again (especially since Berserking warrior gets like 5% crit(?) buff, even though rele took the hit).

One stamblade score is not a thing.Most recors belong to magden or magsorc.Bow/bow is not typicall stam build.I am thinking about dw/bow or 2h/bow.
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on your play style. I have more fun and do more damage on my stamplar than on my pet sorc even though the stamplar is a much newer toon. I’m not elite or a score pusher, but I have cleared vCR +0 as a portal DD and have farmed vSS.

That being said, I usually use the sorc for arenas and fights with lots of AoE damage for the reasons you mentioned above.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why play Stamina? For me because it is fun! My main stamina characters are a Stamina Warden (with 5.5K weapon damage and 52% Crit) and a Stamina Templar (peaks over 7K weapon damage and 51% Crit). They are a lot of fun and if I need ranged attacks I use a Bow on both.

I usually play Magicka DPS but for the past three or four months my main DPS has been my Stamina characters.

Burst damage is really high on both these Stamina builds so mobs disappear quickly as do world bosses. Heck, I even solo 4 person dungeons including Vet.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you don’t chase a new meta every time the winds shift?
  • goldCoaster
    goldCoaster
    ✭✭✭
    Because I hate magic.
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because I like bow/bow, as long as it meets DPS requirements to do a trial nobody really cares how I'm doing the damage.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edelner wrote: »

One stamblade score is not a thing.Most recors belong to magden or magsorc.Bow/bow is not typicall stam build.I am thinking about dw/bow or 2h/bow.

Bow/bow builds are not stam? TIL
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need new trial groups if they aren't letting people in just because of their builds.
  • RusevCrush
    RusevCrush
    ✭✭✭
    I think we're talking about end game here. Stam is fine for everything else. Mag is just easier and the dps difference isn't a great enough to offset the risk. I'd like to see some stats on group composition for vet dlc trial completions, overwhelmingly mag I'd guess. How many stam flawless conquerors do you see? BowBow is basically a mag playstyle in stam sets. Outlier for sure.
    ZOS keeps the stam sets stronger which helps but there's really no reason to run stam over mag. Unless perhaps ZOS can start introducing more group utility options that would warrant groups accepting stam. Powerful Assault's buff is interesting.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, tried giving them utility. We tanks steal them.

Polishes his Alkosh set.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Magwarden has only been at the top for like 2 months, what are you on about. And the dude used Thrassian Stranglers, which are pure cheese, so that run/video isn't at all representative of class performance as a whole. The class can parse really well, but that's using Blood for Blood and Stranglers. The former isn't feasible in vet trials, and the latter is getting nerfed to the ground, so I still think the class isn't in a great place overall. I get out-performed by stam DDs quite a bit.

And we're talking about how stam has been BiS in the past, not how things are now. Stam builds were BiS for a long time is the point people are making, not that mag isn't BiS now. The pendulum has swung, and I can guarantee it'll be back to favoring stam again sometime soon... then back to mag... ad infinitum
    Edited by SidraWillowsky on July 15, 2020 5:44PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Magwarden has only been at the top for like 2 months, what are you on about. And the dude used Thrassian Stranglers, which are pure cheese, so that run/video isn't at all representative of class performance as a whole. The class can parse really well, but that's using Blood for Blood and Stranglers. The former isn't feasible in vet trials, and the latter is getting nerfed to the ground, so I still think the class isn't in a great place overall. I get out-performed by stam DDs quite a bit.

And we're talking about how stam has been BiS in the past, not how things are now. Stam builds were BiS for a long time is the point people are making, not that mag isn't BiS now. The pendulum has swung, and I can guarantee it'll be back to favoring stam again sometime soon... then back to mag... ad infinitum

People aren't using stranglers in trials anymore? I doubt that.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

They're not going to when U27 hits- the damage was lowered and, most notably, the stacks only persist for 30 seconds and only refresh when you kill a new enemy. Good luck with getting that to work in vet trials....
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

They're not going to when U27 hits- the damage was lowered and, most notably, the stacks only persist for 30 seconds and only refresh when you kill a new enemy. Good luck with getting that to work in vet trials....

Ok, but your comment "The former isn't feasible in vet trials" implies this patch, not next.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Magden was top in vMA before Thrassians' came along anyway. They're top due to Frozen Gate making kills faster than other classes.
  • Edelner
    Edelner
    ✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

Magden was top in vMA before Thrassians' came along anyway. They're top due to Frozen Gate making kills faster than other classes.

Not only magden but also magsorc, magblade - magic builds.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

So is magdk top because they have fiery grip magcro top because they have beckoning armor and every stam class top because they have access to silver leash?
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That stamblade was dual wield/bow. And before that stamblade, if my memory is correct, it was stamsorc. So ye. Chill.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, tried giving them utility. We tanks steal them.

Polishes his Alkosh set.

No, us tanks didn't steal it.

The DD's forced it on us cuz they don't want to break their live parsing for half a second to hit a synergy.

I never have and never will run Alkosh on my tanks.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play both stam and mag DPS. My mag parses way higher and brings utility to the group. My stam is much mobile and can sustain for days, it can also survive certain mechanics my mag just can’t survive because of medium armour and better self heals.

In groups my MagDK is basically utility, parse, parse, move, repeat. It’s very basic, simple to grasp and as a result puts up better numbers.

My Stamwarden has more responsibility. Parse, parse, bash, move, rez, parse, move, bash, rez, parse, move, parse, parse, etc. It’s way more dynamic plus the rotation is also dynamic and there is a lot going on. As a result the DPS comes in much lower but the build spends almost zero time on the floor because it can avoid or self heal through most mechanics.

Solo play wise truth be told all things are equal. The mag toons eat trash for lunch and do a decent job against bosses when soloing 4man dungeons or in maelstrom arena. The stam toons have to work a bit more on the trash side but melt the bosses with generally superior single target DPS.

I’m the end you play stamina because you like a more dynamic game overall. It not just about pressing the buttons in sequence it’s about choosing the right sequence for the situation and being able to adjust on the fly. Stamina has the better adaptability to get though any situation.
  • shadowofnarsil
    shadowofnarsil
    ✭✭✭
    I’m the end you play stamina because you like a more dynamic game overall. It not just about pressing the buttons in sequence it’s about choosing the right sequence for the situation and being able to adjust on the fly. Stamina has the better adaptability to get though any situation.

Couldn’t agree with this more.