The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Explosion sound (Character Select) PS4

Soul_Banish
I have one character, an Orc, that whenever I move the curser over him under certain conditions, even when he's naked with no pets or mounts, it makes an explosion sound.
I have 3 characters created after him. If my Orc Crafter touches my Breton, Redguard, or other Orc that were created on the same day but after, then the explosion sound happens when he's highlighted. If this particular orc does not have one of those 3 characters immediately above or below him, then the sound doesn't happen. He can be positioned anywhere within the other 8 characters that were created before today without the glitchy sound effect.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Soul_Banish

Deleting the local save data on your PS4 may help with this sound issue when selecting your orc character.

To delete save data on the PlayStation 4:
    1. From the PlayStation Dynamic Menu, navigate to Settings.
    2. Go to Application Saved Data.
    3. In Application Saved Data, select The Elder Scrolls Online box
    4. Press the [Options] button of the controller on the ESO Save Data.
    5. Select Delete.

After you have cleared your game save data, restart your console and try logging back into the game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Soul_Banish
    I did this and the sound still "explodes" whenever I highlight the offending character if one of the 3 characters created after him are positioned immediately above or below him.
    I'm pretty sure this is the same sound that plays with the Dragonknights Lava Whip.
  • Soul_Banish
    I've also noticed on the offending character, if I highlight him from a character created before him, even though there is no "explode" sound, instead of loading the character instantly, it takes around 5 minutes for the offending character to actually appear.
    I think it might have been assigned a faulty character ID so it's causing it to act up.
  • Soul_Banish
    I've also noticed on the offending character, if I highlight him from a character created before him, even though there is no "explode" sound, instead of loading the character instantly, it takes around 5 "seconds" for the offending character to actually appear.
    I think it might have been assigned a faulty character ID so it's causing it to act up.
    *edit, accidently wrote minutes instead of seconds.

• Soul_Banish
    I realized I also have an Imperial created during the Elswyre expansion last year that plays a "dragon breathing" sound whenever he's highlighed on the character select screen 90% of the time. The mount equipped makes no difference.
    Maybe these bugged sound effects are part of the new Greymoor character select screen backround, because I don't remember this.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Soul_Banish

Thank you for the updates. If you've not done so, we recommend opening a ticket here to report this sound issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post