Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Off-Meta End Game Builds

amm7sb14_ESO
amm7sb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not a fan of metas. I like to build my characters for a roleplay concept, and gear them up around that concept. In my experience, unless you're scoreboard pushing for leaderboards and stuff like that, the meta is not necessary, even for vet DLC dungeons and trials. I do build intentionally - that IS necessary, so even tho I build "off-meta", I do build intentionally with everything still having a stated purpose towards achieving its goal.

With that, I wanted to share some of my off-meta builds, and see what others like to run off-meta as well.

I main tanks, so I'm gonna share my 2 tanks that I main. I'm not CP810 yet so I'm not really gonna go too much into CP distribution.

01. Breton Necromancer Vampire tank

This guy is my main, so intended to be a little more well rounded for solo'ing and PVP as well as endgame group content, but has also turned into a dedicated guild tank.

Monster Sets: Lord Warden or Balorgh's
Armor Set: Leeching Plate
Weapons / Jewelry: Akaviri Dragonguard
Alternate Set: Grave Guardian

A little bit of a flexible build, but I use the combination of Necromancer and Vampire to add a little bit of supplemental DPS to the group. I do that through the necro debuff and sustain abilities that also double as DOT's.

My breach and fracture comes from Unnerving Graveyard, Major Vulnerability comes from the Colossus, additional mag sustain comes from Mystic Siphon. I only have 1 taunt, which is Inner Rage. I run the standard Becokoning Armor, Spirit Guardian, Angry Totem, Hungry Scythe, Necrotic Potency, but where I mix it up a bit is with Elusive Mist from the Vampire line, which serves 3 purposes. 1. It gives me huge damage mitigation in a pinch 2. It acts as a purge for mobility debuffs 3. I combine it with Strike From Shadows before casting Graveyard or Siphon for a little extra kick. Combined with some gear choices (Balorgh's), buffs, and pots, I can get my character sheet spell damage to around 3k (around 10k on a parse) while not sacrificing health (40k+ buffed) or resistances (close to max when buffed)

When solo'ing, I can swap out things like Inner Range for DD skills like Blastbones and skulls.

If I'm off-tanking, the supplemental damage can help in certain fights like vet AA with the ghost who splits, or the final boss in HOF.

If I'm main tanking, I can swap out of Balorgh's and go Lord Warden since even supplemental damage is hardly necessary, but if it's easier content I can roll with the more offensive setup.

02. Wood Elf Warden tank

I originally intended my Warden to be a healer, but also really enjoyed the Warden's tankiness, so i combined the 2 and made a healing tank.

Monster Set: Chokethorn
Armor: Brands Of Imperium
Weapon / Jewelry: Combat Medic
Alternate Set: Ebon Armory

Since I'm doing a lot of heavy self healing that also splashes onto my allies, the crits from Combat Physician help to protect myself and my allies, along with Imperium, giving massive amounts of damage shields to myself and my party. If the shields are overkill, I can also swap out to Ebon as well to help boost the whole party.

Both builds have been able to get through any content, trials, vet DLC, vet trials, etc. and have been super fun for me to play.

What off-meta builds do you guys play?
Edited by amm7sb14_ESO on July 14, 2020 9:37PM