The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Escorpiao_Noturno
Escorpiao_Noturno
✭✭✭
It's incredible how people will ALWAYS complain.I play this game since beta and always like a tank and for that I got a lot hate tells about my gameplay
"useless, can't do damage, ultimate generator" and so on.

Now I am working as a healer on BGs and once I did 1.8m on some BGs, and now I still get hate tells for that.

So on this game, to be cool, and not get hate tells the only way to play right is to be an DPS ?

But if I became a very good DPS and start to kill a lot, would I get some hate tells ?

If I can tank 10+ ememies I am useless, If I can heal 1.8M I am ruining the fun of pvp, but if I can do 2.2m damage I am GOD ?

I see that healers and tanks are a disgracefull for this game, only if you are DPS you are OK.

You guys should stop complain, go play your game and stop thinking about others people life.

[snip]

[edited for bait]

Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on July 14, 2020 7:05PM
  • sinz_xb16_ESO
    sinz_xb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hate whispering = loser mentality.

As for being on the receiving end of those, take them as a compliment. Inducing nerd rage in someone in a (non-competitive even) videogame means your build works and you're playing it effectively.
    "We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania, and many places beyond will have a polished, lag-free launch experience" - Matt Firor

Proud second-rate customer (PC-EU)
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471f5bdd4fff372469e0d324c73b761dff51559a33&rid=giphy.gif

Hate tells should make you laugh- Especially if they want to be taken seriously!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are looking at it backwards: it's not about your effort, build, or damage. :) It's about them needing to feel dominant and when they don't...hate tells come out. That nasty energy could be better spent improving themselves for next time, but then if they were self-aware enough to do that, I don't think we'd be having this conversation in the first place.

If your tank and healer make you happy, carry on! Don't let sad players whining because they can't secure as many kills as they think they should stop your fun. It's for times like these that a cheery "Get good! :smiley: " (or the Ignore button) is useful.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 14, 2020 3:04PM
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love it. The more hate mail I get the better. I beat you, or you couldn't kill me, and you feel the need to reach out to me, and let me know you think I am trash.

Puts a smile on my face every single time.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the hate mail. I don’t get much unfortunately cuz I don’t entertain the drama or bag people... the hate mail I get is normally just because someone felt like they got zeroed down, saw my easy to remember name go by, and decided I should answer for all yellow crimes. Lol. Either way... lots of people think tanks are useless in pvp but they are wrong. And healers? Bro you drop 1.8m nobody can say shh to you. They just wish you played their color :)
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tank in PvP always get more hate then other roles. Simply because you are an annoying pest that is THERE and you cant be moved without taking to much time to focus, and to many ults wasted.

A tank that stands in a breach, stands on a flag while they try to flip it is so annoying. Especially the ones that run a CC. "oh you think you are gonna swipe across and clean the enemys off the flag?" "nahh come here bb let me show you some love and affection" All the while you are getting CC'd your team is yelling at you to ignore the tank, but you know you are ignoring the tank but hes decided he has a liking for you, and he wants to be your friend, so he continues to bring you back until you get mad and tell your friends who then come over ult dump on the tank but OMG WHO WOULD OF GUESSED you used all ults on a tank, and now the entire enemy faction is flooding through the doors and you die.

Im not bitter though. Tanks are good. I just wish they all played on my color.
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you become a very good DD you will also get hate tells, I'm sure. I'm not fond of playing a tank or playing with one in the small open world groups I play in, though I've had some good fights tethered to a tank. On the whole I find it a bit pointless, because your only destiny is being zerged and killed. That said I had a friend who got a kick out of surviving for a long time. I'm guessing tanks can also be useful in some of the non-Deathmatch BGs (I don't play them). Seems legit when it furthers your goal of winning the BG.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB