The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please don't remove the heal from Ritual of Retribution

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
In my opinion, Ritual of Retribution is an underrated PVP skill. Heal-over-times are extremely important for solo pvp/pve players and if we don't have passive healing on the front bar, we're always going to be stuck on our back bar. RoR was very good for helping me to be offensive in a dungeon and not be bar swapping to heal as much. With RoR, we already give up the ability to cleanse three more negative effects that the Extended Ritual morph offers. We shouldn't have to give up the heal too. Without the heal, Ritual of Retribution becomes a skill that one only uses if they have a healer accompanying them. So that eliminates it from most of the use it's getting now and it's going to become very niche. Bar space is limited and that makes a skill that is loaded much more valuable than a skill that only does less. Removing the heal from RoR will only make magplars that much more binary - meaning we can either be offensive or defensive but not both at once.

To those who believe RoR was never worth slotting in the first place, I say: yeah, It's true that you don't clear as many negative effects with RoR but there's never going to be a time when you don't have negative effects on you. Even if you cleanse 5 dots, they're going to immediately be reapplied. I would rather have a heal and damage morph than one that only heals and I'm going to have to recast anyway.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where was this speech for all the magblades that lost damage on their refreshing path.

No one gave a crap then, but maybe because it's the darling healer instead of the not popular healer they might.

No but seriously, if refreshing lost its damage, there is no reason ritual should have healing, if we are going off of zos' twisted "audit" balancing approach.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm only talking about things that impact me as a solo player. I use this skill.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Where was this speech for all the magblades that lost damage on their refreshing path.

No one gave a crap then, but maybe because it's the darling healer instead of the not popular healer they might.

No but seriously, if refreshing lost its damage, there is no reason ritual should have healing, if we are going off of zos' twisted "audit" balancing approach.

Refreshing Path and Ritual of Retribution should both have off-heals. Magplar and Magblade both bring no other utility to a trial group. Obviously Refreshing Path shouldn’t do the same damage as Twisting Path + free healing, but it should be 70-80% of the Twisting Path Damage to give players a real choice. Same thing goes for Ritual, keep some healing on it (less than the other morph) and let it add damage, then players get to pick from 2 balanced morphs depending on what they need.

I’ll add 2 others to this list, Twilight Matriarch and Funnel Health should never have had their damage cut in half. All 4 of these skills were over nerfed, to the point that they effectively do not have a morph choice. Luckily Funnel is getting partially reverted this patch and getting some of its damage back, while the same mistake is repeated for Ritual. Balance adjustments should never be a 100% or even 50% reduction in a skill’s damage or healing component.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funnel Health should never have had their damage cut in half.

It seems like they are buffing it back a bit.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking over the patch notes for PTS and they are pushing even harder towards PvP being about who hits the other person first. Very few buffs to defensive sets and many nerfs while at the same time huge buffs to offensive sets. VD going to hit around 33% harder and get 1487 spell pen added to it's fifth or Caluurion's getting a slight damage buff and losing the proc chance as examples.
    In other words as much as I hate them taking away the heal from ROR a medium small HOT is going to be useless this patch. They should give it something else in place of the heal though at least, such as make it reduce enemy armor or put minor maim on enemies inside.
    Edited by itscompton on July 14, 2020 10:17PM
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Funnel Health should never have had their damage cut in half.

It seems like they are buffing it back a bit.

Frankly, swallow soul and funnel health should both revert to their most original versions of themselves.

Regular damag tool tip

Funnel heals caster and 2 allies
    Swallow has minor vit attached.

Making them cheaper to cast like they used to be might be too much i guess.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Too late, the nerflords have spoken. They don't like skills that do damage and heal, so now it only does damage.

What's sad is that now that it only does damage, it's not worth slotting since they also neutered the snare.

We don't have an endgame for templars, only a nerfgame.