The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Bringing people back to BGs

TheAlphaRaider
TheAlphaRaider
✭✭✭
Well, three things that need to happen to make this a great part of eso.

1. There has to be incentive for people to do BG in order to fill up queues. For some people, there first experience in this game is below 50 BGs where they get obliterated by twinks - below 50 guys with golded out gear. So maybe there needs to be an improvement on the quests that let you get some meta-pve and pvp sets i.e. make an achievement reward a set - get X amount of kills and receive a unique piece of gear toward that set. You can use this to control class variety as well - kill x players as a nightblade and get x set piece. Kill x players with 2h weapons and get y.

2. ZOS has to want BGs to get more people. Why wouldn't they you ask? Well its simply that PVP doesn't make money for them. In fact, it likely costs them more. 1 BG match is probably more server resource intensive than a trial. If BGs got popular what would they get out of it? Loyalty of the best kind. Pinnacle gaming is always in the PVP realm. Streamers and Youtubers and Tournaments.

3. Two Queues - solo only, and group - with solo option.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that will bring me back to BGs or PvP in general is when ZOS balances it out instead of blanket nerfs to everything, when defensive abilities will be worth firing, when it stops being a shooter with abilities and start being an actual RPG where you have to apply quick thinking and tactics. Right now to be successful do this, farm proc sets and then shoot shoot shoot.... Here, you are a "good player" now.

I don't mean to be rude to you, but that's how I see it at the moment. Before the patch you could survive in BGs, you could fire up that and that to stay alive longer, switching between defense and offense, it was interesting and fun, now it's just going on offense, and forget defensive abilities you have, you will just waste your time and will be dead. Problem as I've heard was in CP, where people were staying alive a bit too long, and instead of bringing changes to CP, they did a blanket nerf to everything. I guess they were late to a beer party or something...
  • Fazuszek
    Fazuszek
    ✭✭✭
    Why poeple should come to bg?

In BG below lvl 50 is a warden one trick spamm match, its funny coz the same thing u dont see in be above lvl 50. And ICE COMETS dropped by lvl 15 players (Crown store baby!). And ofcourse werewolfs.

The place, for beginners to try PVP, is transformed in to twink paradise. I know some of them, coz when i level my new toon and want to get alliance skills, i see them all the time there (and never in cyro or in bg above 50). Im really sad, about those new players, who want to try PVP and they get in to toxic abuse heaven for those players, who have only that advantage that they play longer.

BG above lvl 50?

Magsorcs and their ZOO? Forget about playing any other magica based class. U go stamina, this way u are tanky, mobile, and deal damage. Or go ganker - easiest way to get kills. And lags - 2 sec, u die. And u see like 5 diffrent skills on ur recap.

Its no secret that, top players, play on PTS server, coz they know how much skills and gear mean in a PVP bg. They dont want to be outmatched on those fields, by other players. (Not everybody has the time to farm psijic/undaunted skills).
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with this game is that we have a development team that is constantly tinkering with the game, without even coming to see what's really going on in the field, let alone listening to the community, which has been explaining the recurring problems of this game over and over again.

When we look at the pvp only 2 weapons are really effective, namely, two-handed weapon and stick of destruction of the dps without effort, RIP the construction.

If you want to play a class without shield and proper care, go your way, you will die 3 times faster than the others, a dps can not even play its own role properly, unlike the tank or its last are king here ...

The resistance now doesn't exist anymore in any case in no CP, it just became disgusting, you feel like you're in a slaughterhouse...

Chaosball : becomes as ridiculous or it does colossal damage to the carrier the day becomes the "finisher" of the ball towards the carrier ...

Let's not forget the classes disliked by the devs and those favoured by the last ones.

In short, ZOS seems not to want PVP players anymore, they expected a lot from Greymoor and finally, this extension, clearly announced the color, but it doesn't matter, there are plenty of other MMORPGs on the horizon if ZOS asks us to leave (yet it's them who attracted us), we'll go on the upcoming games, or there, the devs will probably be more open-minded and tend to be less [Snip] ...

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 15, 2020 12:25AM
  • pauld1_ESO
    pauld1_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better diminishing returns or CC immunity altogether would be nice. You're lucky if you aren't stunned half the match right now, just not fun.
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭
    Fazuszek wrote: »
    Why poeple should come to bg?

In BG below lvl 50 is a warden one trick spamm match, its funny coz the same thing u dont see in be above lvl 50. And ICE COMETS dropped by lvl 15 players (Crown store baby!). And ofcourse werewolfs.

The place, for beginners to try PVP, is transformed in to twink paradise. I know some of them, coz when i level my new toon and want to get alliance skills, i see them all the time there (and never in cyro or in bg above 50). Im really sad, about those new players, who want to try PVP and they get in to toxic abuse heaven for those players, who have only that advantage that they play longer.

BG above lvl 50?

Magsorcs and their ZOO? Forget about playing any other magica based class. U go stamina, this way u are tanky, mobile, and deal damage. Or go ganker - easiest way to get kills. And lags - 2 sec, u die. And u see like 5 diffrent skills on ur recap.

Its no secret that, top players, play on PTS server, coz they know how much skills and gear mean in a PVP bg. They dont want to be outmatched on those fields, by other players. (Not everybody has the time to farm psijic/undaunted skills).

Man, I 100% agree with you. If you think its bad in BGs it 100% worse in Cyrodiil. But you dont even have to be a twink to pwn in BGs below level 50 you could just be an experience player leveling a toon in training gear.

What they should do is make BGs like guild wars 2 pvp and allow everyone to make their builds and evenly scale them. Beginner's first experience to PVP is below 50 and its horrible for them. Its hard to convince them to stick with it. Then its a grind to 160 cp after that.
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    The only thing that will bring me back to BGs or PvP in general is when ZOS balances it out instead of blanket nerfs to everything, when defensive abilities will be worth firing, when it stops being a shooter with abilities and start being an actual RPG where you have to apply quick thinking and tactics. Right now to be successful do this, farm proc sets and then shoot shoot shoot.... Here, you are a "good player" now.

I don't mean to be rude to you, but that's how I see it at the moment. Before the patch you could survive in BGs, you could fire up that and that to stay alive longer, switching between defense and offense, it was interesting and fun, now it's just going on offense, and forget defensive abilities you have, you will just waste your time and will be dead. Problem as I've heard was in CP, where people were staying alive a bit too long, and instead of bringing changes to CP, they did a blanket nerf to everything. I guess they were late to a beer party or something...

I left ESO for a while for Guild Wars 2. The pvp system there is amazing. I think ESO has a better combat system but arena pvp is all balanced. Everyone has access to the same builds without any farming.
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭
    pauld1_ESO wrote: »
    Better diminishing returns or CC immunity altogether would be nice. You're lucky if you aren't stunned half the match right now, just not fun.

Try immobility potions like unstoppable or those pink ones you get from daily rewards. Try snowtreaders. Try Race Against Time. I get what you say but sometimes you need to avoid the kill zone - the sweet spot 8 meters away from a group of 4 stacked up and ready to focus you down. keep poking, dodge roll on visual queues and try to look for lapses in their judgement
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »

I left ESO for a while for Guild Wars 2. The pvp system there is amazing. I think ESO has a better combat system but arena pvp is all balanced. Everyone has access to the same builds without any farming.

It would be cool to see a similar system in ESO.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try immobility potions like unstoppable or those pink ones you get from daily rewards. Try snowtreaders. Try Race Against Time. I get what you say but sometimes you need to avoid the kill zone - the sweet spot 8 meters away from a group of 4 stacked up and ready to focus you down. keep poking, dodge roll on visual queues and try to look for lapses in their judgement

Sorry but can't resist (and only because lag/desynchs and other bugs make most such suggestions/strategies moot) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQzg1vpxnnY