The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NoCP Nightblade needs some love - Replace gank with brawler

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
Survivability is very limited, (on stamblade) not enough rss and sustain to cloak or shade enough, dodgeroll is unreliable and useless in an aoefest, pair that with lag, every other class having an aoefest of jabs, dots, and grothdar, plus low resists and its a very UNFUN experience.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the 1st thing they need is a longer duration on Maj Resolve. 6 sec is not enough...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nbs cannot be that bad, because there are a lot of nbs being played at the moment, significantly more than in the last patch
  • puertoniko
    puertoniko
    ✭✭
    nb´s are in a better spot than they have been for a while now in pvp. it has always been a squishy hit and run class.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All last fixes that made us way tankier took a portion of damage from us also, so idk about others but I'd be more pleased to see anything in the damage department, especially with such a poor healing.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    nbs cannot be that bad, because there are a lot of nbs being played at the moment, significantly more than in the last patch

And I havent seen very many in no cp that dont gank
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    They are though if you try to not do the haha snipe go whoosh playstyle in bgs
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    puertoniko wrote: »
    it has always been a squishy hit and run class.

No it hasnt.
    Edited by exeeter702 on July 13, 2020 9:34PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like hit and run playstyle ☺
  • Infectious1X
    Infectious1X
    ✭✭✭
    It’s fine for those of you who prefer the “hit and run” gank style, but there are others who prefer NOT being pigeonholed into this. Issue is every change to NBs is specifically in response to the stealth gank style, which is extremely unfortunate as it affects every other aspect of play that a NB can potentially perform as.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can brawl with dark cloak and weaving a lot DW heavy attacks. I recommend having a least 30k HP since dark cloak scales off max health. Use tri-food. Use tri-potions and have a lot of speed/mobility. My main is a stamblade brawler that uses dark cloak and I have a lot of fun with it! If you want to chat about this topic feel free to just hit me up @Bucktoothbandit in-game
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember when Swallow Soul gave us Vitality? Remember when fear gave us Maim? Remember when Merciless gave us Berserk? Remember when Mirage gave us Expedition? Remember when...

It's funny because all the various nerfs have been put in place because people were salty about gankers. But now ganker is the only thing the class can really do.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    Remember when Swallow Soul gave us Vitality? Remember when fear gave us Maim? Remember when Merciless gave us Berserk? Remember when Mirage gave us Expedition? Remember when...

It's funny because all the various nerfs have been put in place because people were salty about gankers. But now ganker is the only thing the class can really do.

And it can't even do that well anymore — well, not my magblades anyway. No matter how much damage I build for, I feel like I'm equipped with a slingshot while everyone else is running around with rocket launchers. Sure I can get kills if my burst lands, but that is a big IF. All anyone has to do to completely neutralize magblade "burst" is have enough stamina to dodge twice. If you can do that, I don't have anything but my spammable for at least 5 GCDs. Such a garbage class.
    Edited by Langeston on July 16, 2020 7:44AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »

Preatty much this. I stopped PvP-ing on my NB brawler - tank with Wrathstone. Since last Midyear Mayhem, I was thinking of returning, but pretty much only option I have is Bomb-blade or bow ganker... :|
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 16, 2020 7:52AM
  • Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Survivability is very limited, (on stamblade) not enough rss and sustain to cloak or shade enough, dodgeroll is unreliable and useless in an aoefest, pair that with lag, every other class having an aoefest of jabs, dots, and grothdar, plus low resists and its a very UNFUN experience.

The moving speed is the key to survive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_aB6u_yXs
    Edited by Rakdos on July 23, 2020 6:03AM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB needs more HoTs

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakdos wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiekKb2Udvs
    Apparently playing low MMR Crazy King like it's Team Deathmatch (while everyone else is playing the objective) is also the key.😉

I'd be more interested in seeing how that build fares in a high MMR Deathmatch, because I have a hard time picturing Hiti's Hearth & Caluurion putting much of a dent in anyone with a decent build that knows what they're doing. I don't know anyone that plays a squishier build than I do, and even I rarely ever get caught by Caluurion.
  • Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

Apparently playing low MMR Crazy King like it's Team Deathmatch (while everyone else is playing the objective) is also the key.😉

I'd be more interested in seeing how that build fares in a high MMR Deathmatch, because I have a hard time picturing Hiti's Hearth & Caluurion putting much of a dent in anyone with a decent build that knows what they're doing. I don't know anyone that plays a squishier build than I do, and even I rarely ever get caught by Caluurion.

ZOS buffed all proc sets and nerfed impen trait in the next patch, I think the ganker build will becoming competitive in the future
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades are pretty damn good in BG now, sorry let me clarify, stamblades are pretty good. Magblades are support OR steal kill from a real class.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

ZOS buffed all proc sets and nerfed impen trait in the next patch, I think the ganker build will becoming competitive in the future
    Well, 7 impen + the base crit resistance introduced last patch is still significantly stronger than the amount of crit resistance you got from 7 impen before the changes to crit resistance. I did the math the other day, and even after the 2 supposed "nerfs," you'll get ~22% more crit mitigation next patch with 7 impen than you used to.

As far as proc sets being stupidly OP next patch, I agree. But it doesn't help out NB any more than any other class. In fact, in light of the new sets the Grim Focus changes can actually be seen as a straight up nerf to NBs.

Next patch, people are going to just be running around spamming Crit Rush and wiping people. With that new gap closer set, Maelstrom 2H, and Malacath, Crit Rush alone is going to do ~43,750 — that's [snip] insane. So everyone is going to be running around with 30k+ health and high resistances — meaning magblades are going to be no more dangerous than flies buzzing around an elephant. (Which is why I said the Grim Focus change could be seen as a nerf.)

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on July 16, 2020 9:33PM
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭

Cmon man I dont wont to burst your bubble but some people there were not even cp 100. If you enjoy that pvp its fine but please dont post this thinking and telling people its something good. Most of those players you can kill just with LA spam.
    Magblade for bgs in higher mmr dont have to much to offer unless healer specc.
    Stamblade is nice in low/medium mmr and also struggle in high mmr where groups stick together with lots of aoe going around

• erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like being able to do bgs on a nb

low mmr god
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    Nightblades are pretty damn good in BG now, sorry let me clarify, stamblades are pretty good. Magblades are support OR steal kill from a real class.

I will admit i farmed out essence thief and it does feel better than my previous setups for no cp.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    Well the 1st thing they need is a longer duration on Maj Resolve. 6 sec is not enough...
    Use 5 med /2 heavy Last longer
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem of NB no heal suitable for stams even no heal spell for stam, a complicated defense system and if you don't play what ZOS wants your right to be useless the sad vision of this studio towards a "killer" class type without forgetting some attack asking for an attack on the side to be stronger.

Meanwhile, the other players can abuse with impunity the easy strength of the other classes and weapons creating no originality in a slowly dying PVP .

And always this ultimate move of the development team has played mute and 0 exchange with its community...

Understand this and you'll understand that for PVP players this game has no more interest to dwell on it!

where is this development team? this CM? would we be fooled by an A.I.?

• Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭

low mmr god

The so-called high mmr brawler kind of play style is the true unfun experience for NB. Its like 12 turtles biting each other. no one will die until time up and eventually groups with better healer win the game
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

low mmr god

The so-called high mmr brawler kind of play style is the true unfun experience for NB. Its like 12 turtles biting each other. no one will die until time up and eventually groups with better healer win the game

If you dont like nightblade dont play it. Gank is just as unfun. We can point fingers all day saying whats fun and what isnt. End of the day, a brawler playstyle is more healthy for the game.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use a melee mag NB and have had little problems except with sorcs before they patched that thrassian bug ...
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

low mmr god

If you dont like nightblade dont play it. Gank is just as unfun. We can point fingers all day saying whats fun and what isnt. End of the day, a brawler playstyle is more healthy for the game.

Says you.
    "Healthier" hahaha
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    otherwise to come to the subject NB magic is much easier than a NB stam much more fearsome, NB stam has a strong problem in penetration if you don't play the cheat weapon of pvp
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭

low mmr god

Says you.
    "Healthier" hahaha

What?