The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Antiquities Difficulty Spike

Sin119
Sin119
So I was farming antiquities, both to level it, and because I find it more enjoyable than pick pocketing to make gold. However upon reaching rank ten in scrying the difficulty suddenly spiked. Now whenever I scry for an item of any rarity it both the scrying and the dig site are treated as if I'm trying to scry/dig up a mythic item. Is this intentional? Do I/should I report this in the bugs section?
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many, many others have seen/experienced it too, me included. Nobody's sure of anything yet, but a lot of people are upset.. :/ Sorry, friend.
    (Green and blue Scryables suddenly become purple-difficulty.. hmf.. :# )
    Edited by kadochka on July 12, 2020 2:31AM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Sin119
    Sin119
    kadochka wrote: »
    Many, many others have seen/experienced it too, me included. Nobody's sure of anything yet, but a lot of people are upset.. :/ Sorry, friend.
    (Green and blue Scryables suddenly become purple-difficulty.. hmf.. :# )

Well, some small comfort in knowing I'm not alone. I tried looking it up, but I'm not sure I worded my search correctly. Still, if it's a known issue, hopefully we'll have a fix sooner rather than later.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this was intended. You can get more random junk items with every rarity once you get to level 10.
    By level 10 though, you shouldn't be having difficulty with scrying and digging. That is, if you have all the passives.
  • Sin119
    Sin119
    Well I'm not sure the extra bonus loot makes up for the uptick in time it takes. And if it is intended I wouldn't mind it being made obvious, such as in the skill tooltip. Maybe if they threw the purples into the rotation, or even just another blue. I don't mean to sound entitled, but as a solo player there is really only so much you can do to earn gold in a reasonable time table. And doing things at max difficulty adds an extra minute or so to each dig, and it just doesn't make much sense that upon becoming a master in the field, that it's suddenly much harder to dig up common items.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, all the Scrying Maps get more complicated as you level up the skill. However, with the Coalescence and Dilation Passives, they are super easy.
    Edited by Nestor on July 12, 2020 3:09AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it's intended or not, but I think it's pretty cool, you can dig up more things and, most importantly, you can BLOW THINGS UP! Those explosive tiles are super awesome. I may or may not have failed quite a few digs just because I got slightly carried away and instead of actually fully uncovering the antiquity was too busy figuring out how to set the biggest explosion possible>.>