The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil Alliance War Server Performance - where do we go from here?

Davadin
Davadin
✭✭✭✭✭
So... I played this game since BETA (I got the monkey too) and while I took a break for almost a year before coming back to Summerset release, I've been playing PvP for most of that time.

So... since Summerset, and the announcement and delivery of these "performance updates", am I the only one that's experiencing constantly degrading performance?

Because U27 is coming with yet another update, and honestly, I'm nearing my limit at tolerating this ***. I LOVE Cyrodiil. But last couple of nights I've been cursing at the game before deciding to scry some furnitures for my home and fall asleep while taking screenshots...... it's that bad. If you've been playing, you know how bad too. Server disconnects, loading screen, skills delay, running-man freezes, a combination of all the above, etc.....

But since last year at least, I have seen ZERO (NULL. Nada. Nothing. 0.) improvements. It's either worse, or "OH GOOD they didn't break anything".

Is it just me?
August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do we go from here?
    Nowhere, it would seem, sadly.

Early this year I permanently left the unplayable mess that is PC-EU, and started playing on PC-NA.
    For a few months it was objectively better, but by now performance has degraded to about the same level as it was when I left PC-EU.
    Except that this time, there's nowhere to move on to. PC-NA was the last bastion of somewhat playable performance, and now even that is no longer the case anymore.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »

Early this year I permanently left the unplayable mess that is PC-EU, and started playing on PC-NA.
    For a few months it was objectively better, but by now performance has degraded to about the same level as it was when I left PC-EU.
    Except that this time, there's nowhere to move on to. PC-NA was the last bastion of somewhat playable performance, and now even that is no longer the case anymore.

LOL, when was this?
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »

LOL, when was this?
    Early this year.
    At least there was a significant difference from PC-EU at the time - mind you, the performance was still bad in absolute terms, just nowhere near abysmal as it was (and still is) on EU.

Now, there isn't much difference that I can see anymore.
    And the scariest thing? I live in EU, so my primetime is when NA is still a few hours before theirs.
    I do not care to stick around till 2am to find out, but according to what I hear in-game it's now exactly as bad as on EU.
  • Deathweeps
    Deathweeps
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, they state they're working toward solutions but it's been an awful long while especially with a massive 15 million subs. This was my main focal point as well they game itself is awesome, the dungeons are great but I PvP. The platform for this PvP is genius but the delivery has gone way down hill since I the launch. Everything described is a perfect representation of what is happening.
    The bravest man in the world is a man that cooks bacon in the nude.
    -Deathweeps-
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't pvp today because I keep getting disconnects when I approach big fights. Anyone else having this issue?
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering what OP did with the monkey. I hope they are treating it humanely.