The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loading Screens as a Pain Point in the Multi-Character Crafting Experience

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
It would be great if loading screens weren't such a pain point in the multi-character crafting experience.

I raised the jewelry crafting skill line on many characters because the road to acquiring gold plating is a long one, but when doing daily jewelry crating writs across multiple characters I spend an exorbitant amount of time sitting in loading screens while simply switching between characters. ZOS, could you look into ways that might make loading screens less of a pain point for crafting?

dd1fbadc-7dc2-471c-8b39-66e63b705e49_Thumbnail.PNG
Just brainstorming, but maybe a writ board could read the skill lines of all of the characters on our account and allow us to grab all of the daily writs (of varying degrees based on skill point allocation and crafting levels) on a singular character, or something like that?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that seems to speed up the process for me is to station your alts in a less-populated city for writ turn ins. The loading screens for Mournhold, Vulkhel Guard, Belkarth, Vivec City and Alinor seem to be significantly longer because of a combination of player population and detailed assets.

I keep all my alts in Malabal Tor - Velyn Harbor and the stations are very convenient and the population is typically low since there’s no traders and the city has separate pre- and post-quest instances.
    Edited by Feric51 on July 9, 2020 8:33PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a great idea, @Feric51 ... especially since Velyn Harbor is instanced based on player quest progress.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC, turn off all mods but Lazy Writ Crafter.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like Riften because the crafting stations are close together and so is the bank. I have parked all my toons there for years.

However, I noticed lately if I happen to leave my main character somewhere else when I have to log out unexpectedly that Riften takes much longer to login.

I mean, Riften isn’t a big city and there isn’t much there. Also, why do the fans on my PS4 go into overdrive often when in the crafting hall?

It’s a mystery to me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you want ZOS to look at anything that will speed up writs at all. I can't believe they are happy with the current rate of returns for people with multiple characters using addons. If they look at writs at all, even to help with loading, I'd imagine we will also get a nerf somewhere to "balance" it out.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure you want ZOS to look at anything that will speed up writs at all. I can't believe they are happy with the current rate of returns for people with multiple characters using addons. If they look at writs at all, even to help with loading, I'd imagine we will also get a nerf somewhere to "balance" it out.

I'm on console, so I absolutely want ZOS to look at anything that will speed up writs. Multi-character crafting is a drudge of loading screens.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this point, seeing all the bugs with flashing loading screens, failed bar swaps, skills that don’t fire, etc. - I say “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA