The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

QOL: New Quests

Flameweaver1951
Flameweaver1951
✭✭✭
I love questing, I love exploring for new quests, but what really grinds my teeth is that every time I pick up a new quest it automatically becomes the currently active quest.
Can we please have an option like "Automatically make new quest active YES/NO" somewhere in settings.
It's as frustrating as heck to have to keep opening my journal/quests to reset the current quest.
It's even more frustrating to find that I'm following a map waypoint only to realise I'm following the wrong quest.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't really bother me, and I think the game highlighting the latest activated quest is actually a good thing.

New players won't know what they are doing, so highlighting the latest activated quest will guide them to the quest for the location they are currently at. Without pointing them to another zone accidently, or something like that. Your idea could actually send new players to walk across different zones for a quest, if they are not familiar with the game yet.

You could just read the pointer on your compass as well, you can't go wrong there. Even if the quest you want to do isn't currently highlighted.
  • Flameweaver1951
    Flameweaver1951
    ✭✭✭
    That’s why I suggested this an option. Players can set the option to keep or overwrite their active quest.