The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The auto save file failed to save correctly. would you like to try again if not, saving will...

T3h_Automator
T3h_Automator
Soul Shriven
PS4 - NA. Harrowstorm/greymoor patch. PS v 7.51

The game has been crashing A LOT recently. At seemingly random intervals the game's sound cuts out, and/or animations fail to display. This is followed by a very, very long load screen.

If the game hasn't frozen completely, or caused the ps4 to freeze completely, the following message is displayed:

The auto save file failed to save correctly. would you like to try again if not, saving will be disabled. Yes No

Within the past 7 days I have deleted and redownloaded the 90gb+ from the PSN store, and have deleted the 3.51mb local game save. This did not fix these issues.

Thoughts?
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on PS4 and I never had such an issue. Do you have ESO on an external hard drive? Maybe that causes the problem.
    TherealHämähäkki
  • T3h_Automator
    T3h_Automator
    Soul Shriven
    The PS4 has an internal 1tb SSHD. 590gb free. No other devices connected to it.

Another note, ESO is the only game causing the PS4 to crash. RDR2, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Diablo 3, all run without significant issues.
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mhhh..ok. Well that was my only shot :D

Like I said, I never had such problems before. Maybe someone else can help you or has a clue :)

Good Luck
    TherealHämähäkki
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @T3h_Automator

Do you have a screenshot or picture of this error message when it pops up?

If so, please go ahead and post it in the thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • T3h_Automator
    T3h_Automator
    Soul Shriven
    Negative. Every attempt to screenshot that error has caused the ps4 to become unresponsive (freeze).
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @T3h_Automator

Normally reinstalling and deleting the local save data would resolve the error you're currently getting. Since the error persists after the troubleshooting you've done, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • T3h_Automator
    T3h_Automator
    Soul Shriven
    I found a work around. After deleting the save data and launching the game, saying NO to the prompt "would you like to save your game settings" or something to that effect, has fixed the game freezes.

Every time i launch the game i have to agree to the TOS and fix the brightness settings but at least the game is stable. (i shouldn't have to do this =/ )
  • T3h_Automator
    T3h_Automator
    Soul Shriven
    THIS TRASH IS UNPLAYABLE. [snip] cp 1800 and this game is the worst it's ever been

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on July 16, 2020 1:33PM