The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the standard for dummy parses?

Athyrium93
Athyrium93
✭✭✭✭
Which food? Cheese food? 2 stat? 3 stat?

Which dummy? 3 mil, 6 mil, 21 mil?

Self buffed or have someone debuff/ provide orbs/shards or warhorn or anything else?

Use your expected gear or a parse set?

I tried searching but everything is a bit out of date, also what's a good number to hit before trying vet dlc dungeons and normal trials?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The standard would be the iron atronach as it provides standard raid buffs, synergy and resources. The resources is important so we can test using an actual raid rotation rather than compensate or get a friend to help.
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    @idk that is fantastic to know, I've been parsing on a 3 mil thinking my DPS was awful, and finally got around to trying the iron atronach and saw about a 13k jump in DPS (still not good, but way better)

What food is standard to use?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could suggest all sorts of things but I will point you in the direction of Alcast's and Dottz Gaming sites as they both have good general information on builds (which include food), CP for each class and some general information about a lot of the content in the game.. Both are good references.

13k increase in dps is good. Good luck and enjoy the game.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Parse food (Max Stat + Recovery, no health) is normal to use. Sets are a bit trickier. Requirements here will vary depending on who you ask. If you're looking to compare your DPS to others, use the same gear as they use in their parse. There's also some fights where parse sets are viable, so that line may be blurrier than you think. If you're just trying to get a good look at your own numbers, I'd say do what's more comfortable for you, try out both and compare, etc.
    As stated above, Iron Atro is the way to go, and that also clears up the issue of buffing. :)
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may over or under perform your parses in a real raid situation as well. The 21 mil iron atronach provides some utility but some groups will feed you more than double those synergies or some fights have a lot more mobile elements to them like cross crossing the map, stopping boss to focus on a mini boss, dropping boss to Rez, or some other mechanics that keep you from sticking to your rotation.
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just trying to get an idea what to aim for, I'm just about at 300CP and still working to get BiS gear, right now running julianos and mothers sorrow on my magplar, mostly purple with some golds, only blue is jewlery still. I've got my build worked out and rotation is decent (I've spent countless hours reading everything out there on builds and pros and cons of different sets and skills and practicing on the 3mil dummy) still need to work on LA weaving more because I'm having trouble with the timing with sweeps, and don't want to go vamp for BfB, el weapon and force pulse have been easier for me to weave with but I just like jabs so I'm trying to make it work.
    I'm working on getting Valkyn Skoria but have read some conflicting info on if it's still good after the update.
    On the Iron Atronoch I can hit 36k pretty consistently without parse food, and haven't had any sustain issues.
    Just having trouble finding any info on what goodish dps is at 300CP (and obviously what the "correct" way to parse is) and what DPS is needed to start PUGing vet dungeons and normal trials.
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Athyrium93 wrote: »
    I'm just trying to get an idea what to aim for, I'm just about at 300CP and still working to get BiS gear, right now running julianos and mothers sorrow on my magplar, mostly purple with some golds, only blue is jewlery still. I've got my build worked out and rotation is decent (I've spent countless hours reading everything out there on builds and pros and cons of different sets and skills and practicing on the 3mil dummy) still need to work on LA weaving more because I'm having trouble with the timing with sweeps, and don't want to go vamp for BfB, el weapon and force pulse have been easier for me to weave with but I just like jabs so I'm trying to make it work.
    I'm working on getting Valkyn Skoria but have read some conflicting info on if it's still good after the update.
    On the Iron Atronoch I can hit 36k pretty consistently without parse food, and haven't had any sustain issues.
    Just having trouble finding any info on what goodish dps is at 300CP (and obviously what the "correct" way to parse is) and what DPS is needed to start PUGing vet dungeons and normal trials.

Alcast just released a video where he goes in depth about Magplar and shows all different setups and rotations. Very informative. It’s long, but worth the watch for sure
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends a lot on the guild you are in. Some want to see a parse with Elemental Drain only on one of the lower health dummies. Others want to see what you do on the big guy with all the bells and whistles. I was in one guild where an officer had to watch your parse before you got a spot on the team.
    With PUGs you never know what the player starting the group might require. Most aren't real specific and just say something like must have clear.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    Suna_Ye_Sunnabe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Practice on both the 21 mil and 3 mil. As others have stated, guilds may require one or another, or both, and it's important to learn to self sustain on a 3 mil. 21 mil dummies are also best suited for trials builds typically speaking, so keep that in mind as well.
    Angua Anyammis Ae Sunna