The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

My thoughts on the greymoor tutorial...

Sarannah
Sarannah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
So today I decided to make a new character, because I wanted to make some new build. I always choose to do the tutorial. Whenever I do a tutorial I always want to get all weapon and armor skills, and level a tiny bit. Before leaving and entering the game. So as usual I did the complete tutorial. The Greymoor tutorial in this case.

The Greymoor tutorial was a horrible experience. There were plenty of weapons and armors laying around, so that part was an actual improvement on the previous tutorials. My biggest issue with this tutorial however is "Fennorian". Whenever I tried to pick something up, he was constantly in range and selected. Making it a horrible experience to even try to pick something up, as it was selecting Fennorian the entire time. *Argh* Either don't let him follow us and let him stand in one spot for when we actually need to talk to him, or don't let him follow this closely.

There were also some other minor things missing, like a 'leveling spot'... in all other tutorials there is a small area with plenty of monsters where you can stay and kill monsters. This tutorial only had a small hallway. So there was no way to stay there and level a bit, or farm for items you are missing still.
Another thing that was missing, as in all other tutorials, was a restoration staff.

Anyways, these are just my thoughts on the Greymoor tutorial.
Edited by Sarannah on July 8, 2020 8:45PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Followers standing too close to stuff is the base game "feature", it's not Fennorian's fault
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst in this regard is the end of the summerset quest line, where you have no less than 3 nods constantly getting in your way when trying to loot stuff.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He is actually related to Lydia. This stuff runs in the family.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to life as a warden. The bear is always in the way. Always! Thankful that jump doesn’t cost stam!
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In regards to the farming spot: What about that big outside area? I never explored all of it and just ran past the mobs, but it looked to me like there was a decent among my to kill.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I brought up these points during PTS but they were not acknowledged.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    In regards to the farming spot: What about that big outside area? I never explored all of it and just ran past the mobs, but it looked to me like there was a decent among my to kill.
    True, but it is not an open zone like in the older tutorials. It is just a small road we travel forward on, with one or two side-steps with a monster in it. Not something that can be used to 'farm' in for a little bit.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one unfortunately cannot do the tutorial, since he has 18 full cp characters and does not wish to delete one to start a new one. However, he has noticed that in Greymoons, Lyris and "Fenn" both do tend to crowd his tail. He expects this of big lumox, and Fenn was surprising.

On that point, if this one engaged in wealth redistribution whilst being crowded by Lyris, not only did she trample his poor tail, but she put a bounty on him as well, despite our history and this one's prodigious efforts on her behalf on 18 different characters. Clumsy, whiny, _and_ ungrateful. No wonder Sai left her.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions