The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampire - Bloody Maras need changes.

JMadFour
JMadFour
✭✭✭✭✭
Corrupting Bloody Mara - Increase Max Magicka by 4620, Max Health by 5051, and Health Recovery by 505 for 2 hours. If you are a Vampire, the tainted blood in this drink will corrupt you, increasing your Stage to 4.

There is no point in this drink increasing your Health Recovery. It instantly raises you to Vampire Stage 4, and Stage 4 completely disables your Health Recovery, I suggest this get changed to Magicka Recovery or something else. Or simply remove the Health Recovery, so that it matches the Purifying Bloody Mara.

Purifying Blood Mara - Increase Max Health by 5051 and Max Magicka by 4620 for 2 hours. If you are a Vampire, the blood in this drink will also purify you, reducing your Stage by 1.

If the Corrupting Bloody Mara raises you all the way to Stage 4, then the Purifying Bloody Mara should drop you all the way to Stage 1. We should not have to drink 3 of them to go down to Stage 1. These things aren't exactly cheap to make, as they require ingredients that can only be obtained by a few sources.

And let's be real, the only people using Bloody Maras WILL be Vampires. Everyone else has much more preferable Food/Drinks for their builds.
Edited by JMadFour on July 8, 2020 5:46PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think these would be better as potions, so they don't override the actual food you are using. That's how I use them. I pop the Purifying to talk to an NPC and then pop the Corrupting to go back to stage 4, then I immediately Clockwork Citrus. Since the effect is immediate to switch your vampire level, there is no need to actually run it as a food.
  • Argonianwerecroc212
    Werewolf broth food useless also
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I personally think these would be better as potions, so they don't override the actual food you are using. That's how I use them. I pop the Purifying to talk to an NPC and then pop the Corrupting to go back to stage 4, then I immediately Clockwork Citrus. Since the effect is immediate to switch your vampire level, there is no need to actually run it as a food.

This would be a good option as well.

I just think it would be simpler(and more likely for ZOS to do) to change the buffs, tbh. I don't actually mind running these as my food, I just think the bonuses need to be tweaked.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want the Purifying to drop all the way down to 1. I use these to keep myself at a specific stage. I actually wish the Corrupting was only 1 stage as well instead of sending you all the way to 4. But if these shoot you all the way from 1 and 4, without being able to control your stage one at a time, I will simply stop using Bloody Mara's, because as you said, there is far better buff food out there to not allow me to control my vampire level with it.

Other than that, I do agree on the health recovery. It should become mag and stam recovery, most definitely.
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want the Purifying to drop all the way down to 1. I use these to keep myself at a specific stage. I actually wish the Corrupting was only 1 stage as well instead of sending you all the way to 4. But if these shoot you all the way from 1 and 4, without being able to control your stage one at a time, I will simply stop using Bloody Mara's, because as you said, there is far better buff food out there to not allow me to control my vampire level with it.

Other than that, I do agree on the health recovery. It should become mag and stam recovery, most definitely.

I disagree with your first point.

The way I see it. Use the Bloody Maras to jump between 1 and 4. If you want to stay at 2 or 3, then drink a Purifying and then feed once or twice.

I think it is a colossal waste of Frost Mirriam to have to drink 3 Purifyings to go from 4 to 1. If I had to do the same with Corruptings, I probably would not use them at all. Think of the Dragon Blood(In addition to Frost Mirriam) you have to gather to make those things.

I would only agree with your suggested change, if they changed the ingredients required to craft them.

What if instead of Frost Mirriam and Dragon Blood, both drinks required a special type of Blood that can only be gathered by Feeding? Similar to how Dried/Tainted Blood drops from Blade of Woe kills?

Call it "Fresh Blood".
    Edited by JMadFour on July 8, 2020 6:17PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I support this idea more.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my annoyance with vamp is I want stage 3 and 2 things happen when I am out in Cyrodiil.

1. I drop to stage 2 and have to find an NPC to feed. Turns out, that's pretty annoying as not only can you obviously not go around chowing down on guards as they would trivialize them any more than they are; but even just regular workers and towns people are not able to be used. Sometimes you just are not near a non-war related NPC. Really obnoxious.

2. You see you have 5 minutes or whatever left in your desired stage and happen across an NPC you can feed on. Well; when you feed, you do not go up to the next stage with the duration remaining you are currently in, but rather the next stage at its full duration. Bloody Mara is then the only option here.

My solution would be to make the foods spike you all the way up or down; but then have potions with positive and negative effects for vampire stages that step you 1 stage 1 way or the other. I may have to use 2 if I don't wait for the stage to drop to go up and back down again or I could wait until I drop and have a potion at the ready.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JMadFour wrote: »

I disagree with your first point.

The way I see it. Use the Bloody Maras to jump between 1 and 4. If you want to stay at 2 or 3, then drink a Purifying and then feed once or twice.

I think it is a colossal waste of Frost Mirriam to have to drink 3 Purifyings to go from 4 to 1. If I had to do the same with Corruptings, I probably would not use them at all. Think of the Dragon Blood(In addition to Frost Mirriam) you have to gather to make those things.

I would only agree with your suggested change, if they changed the ingredients required to craft them.

What if instead of Frost Mirriam and Dragon Blood, both drinks required a special type of Blood that can only be gathered by Feeding? Similar to how Dried/Tainted Blood drops from Blade of Woe kills?

Call it "Fresh Blood".

There is no reason whatsoever in that case to drink a Bloody Mara if you want to stay at stage 1. Use a different food buff at that point, because there are food buffs out there better than Bloody Mara that don't change your vamp level.

Like I said, regardless of mats used, I will stop using Bloody Mara's altogether if they jump directly between 1 and 4. The entire purpose of the Bloody Mara that separates it from other buff food is the ability to control vampire level, particularly while out questing, and doing dungeon / trial runs when feeding isn't an option.
    Edited by amm7sb14_ESO on July 8, 2020 6:42PM
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no reason whatsoever in that case to drink a Bloody Mara if you want to stay at stage 1. Use a different food buff at that point, because there are food buffs out there better than Bloody Mara that don't change your vamp level.

I'm not talking about staying at stage 1. In that case you would just not feed or use different foods.

I'm talking about being Stage 4, and wanting to go to Stage 1, for any reason. In that case you would need to drink 3 Purifying Bloody Maras. That's a waste of ingredients. In my opinion.

But that's just my opinion, everyone is free to disagree with me if they like.

Either way, the Health Recovery needs to go.
    Edited by JMadFour on July 8, 2020 6:55PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purifying Mara would be garbage if they didn't only decrease it by one stage. I don't want to go around trying to feed in trial just because I'd rather be stage 3 or something.

A separate food that decreased you all the way down to 1 would be fine, but don't lose the control aspect of the purifying Mara.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Rework Vampire system.

- Introduce pain-point into the new system.

- Sell solution to pain-point solution in a bundle in the cash shop (dummy thrall and fountain furniture).

- ???

- Profit.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropping immediately to stage 1 is a bad idea. Sometimes you may need to flex between stages and there aren't people around to feed on (trials or dungeons, even pvp). Dropping 1 stage per is better: you can still hit stage 1 from 4 if you chug 3, but you have the option of just dropping to 3 for undeath if you want, on the fly.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.