The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

After some time with the new patch....what about the Healing nerf?

• Infectious1X
    Infectious1X
    ✭✭✭
    @JayKwellen Same. Running MagBrawlBlade and it’s rough this patch. Damage feels the same as before, yet healing is absolutely awful. Used to be quite tanky with 26k and a combination of Dark Cloak and Rapid combined with offensive Swallows and Siphons, but now this doesn’t cut it. 4 skills for healing and it stills feels like garbage. Feels like I’ll either be forced to run Harvester or simply reroll to Magsorc, as spamming stealth has never been my play style and we’re essentially (much) weaker Sorcs at this point.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    With the healing changes, and additional crit resistance added I moved points out of Resistant, and added them to Quick Recovery.

I have 3k Crit Resistance, and a healthy amount of points in QR so I feel good after this patch. Just took some time to l2p around it!

Yeh, that's what I did.

In reality, it solved nothing though.

Classes with good healing still have good healing. Classes with poor healing have terrible healing now.

Zergs and large groups still have people mindlessly throwing resto staff skills around just healing whoever without even trying.
    Small scale and solo players now have a harder time fighting outnumbered because they can't recover as much when they take big damage from multiple players.

Looks like you didn't (don't) want to change your build to adapt to the new burst meta, @Brrrofski.

The vast majority of PvP players had to make changes after the patch.

Just because you play solo or small man doesn't mean your exempt from the healing changes.

The sooner you adapt the better ... because ZOS isn't going to change the game to cater to your specific playstyle.

I did change my build. It's pretty solid.

What's that got to do with the healing nerf?

It doesn't change the fact that ball groups with 10 healers see no change, which is where healing was an issue. Neverending ball group vs ball group lagging the entire server.

Yeah this. The problem is cross healing and how easy it is to keep yourself and your friends up with a resto staff and one ability. Not saying that specific ability is the only culprit, but it's one of them. Throw in ridiculous braindead easy purges that strip multiple debuffs off of multiple people like Purge and Ritual + it's synergy and it becomes obvious that the issue isn't healing as a whole, but cross healing and mitigation in the form of debuff removal. Vigor's aoe and duration nerf was supposed to be compensated by an increase in how much the ability actually heals for, but now it's seemingly worse than ever, still only lasts 4 seconds, and doesn't heal anyone else. Throw in undodgeable major defile and everyone should probably just reroll as stamden or stamcro or some kind of templar.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    With the healing changes, and additional crit resistance added I moved points out of Resistant, and added them to Quick Recovery.

I have 3k Crit Resistance, and a healthy amount of points in QR so I feel good after this patch. Just took some time to l2p around it!

Yeh, that's what I did.

In reality, it solved nothing though.

Classes with good healing still have good healing. Classes with poor healing have terrible healing now.

Zergs and large groups still have people mindlessly throwing resto staff skills around just healing whoever without even trying.
    Small scale and solo players now have a harder time fighting outnumbered because they can't recover as much when they take big damage from multiple players.

Looks like you didn't (don't) want to change your build to adapt to the new burst meta, @Brrrofski.

The vast majority of PvP players had to make changes after the patch.

Just because you play solo or small man doesn't mean your exempt from the healing changes.

The sooner you adapt the better ... because ZOS isn't going to change the game to cater to your specific playstyle.

I did change my build. It's pretty solid.

What's that got to do with the healing nerf?

It doesn't change the fact that ball groups with 10 healers see no change, which is where healing was an issue. Neverending ball group vs ball group lagging the entire server.

Yeah this. The problem is cross healing and how easy it is to keep yourself and your friends up with a resto staff and one ability. Not saying that specific ability is the only culprit, but it's one of them. Throw in ridiculous braindead easy purges that strip multiple debuffs off of multiple people like Purge and Ritual + it's synergy and it becomes obvious that the issue isn't healing as a whole, but cross healing and mitigation in the form of debuff removal. Vigor's aoe and duration nerf was supposed to be compensated by an increase in how much the ability actually heals for, but now it's seemingly worse than ever, still only lasts 4 seconds, and doesn't heal anyone else. Throw in undodgeable major defile and everyone should probably just reroll as stamden or stamcro or some kind of templar.

Sorc easily outperforms templar atm. Gonna be worse next patch. It's not even close.
  • Iskaldt
    Iskaldt
    ✭✭✭
    Imo the nerf to healing was juuust a tad to much. they could buff it again just slightly and it would allready be better.

the biggest problem imo is that they nerfed healing, but did nothing to shields. And yes im thinking specifically of sorcs.

Sorc shield stacking is way too strong. like stupid strong, and thats on an allready broken class making it even more broken.

Tbh i fear next patch is going to make the pvp in the game wich is allready in a bad state, literally unplayable. As they are buffing damage in general, with proc sets changes and even adding new sets that seem overly strong, nerfing impen, buffing divines and so on. its pretty much going to be Sorcs and gankers everywhere. Stacking shields to tank the damage, or dissapearing before you even take damage from someone. i think pretty much every other class will struggle, especially since the healing wont be able to keep up with the damage incoming at all.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskaldt wrote: »
    Imo the nerf to healing was juuust a tad to much. they could buff it again just slightly and it would allready be better.

the biggest problem imo is that they nerfed healing, but did nothing to shields. And yes im thinking specifically of sorcs.

Sorc shield stacking is way too strong. like stupid strong, and thats on an allready broken class making it even more broken.

Tbh i fear next patch is going to make the pvp in the game wich is allready in a bad state, literally unplayable. As they are buffing damage in general, with proc sets changes and even adding new sets that seem overly strong, nerfing impen, buffing divines and so on. its pretty much going to be Sorcs and gankers everywhere. Stacking shields to tank the damage, or dissapearing before you even take damage from someone. i think pretty much every other class will struggle, especially since the healing wont be able to keep up with the damage incoming at all.

Yea shields are unbalanced again. How they think an 11k shield that attacks with a 9k shield AT FULL HEALTH in 2 seconds is balanced to a CRIT heal of 10k before defile that doesn't over heal is beyond me.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play in CP.

My magblade relies on Cloak and speed. It's probably become a little better this patch, due to Wild Hunt and Snow Treaders. Healing was always a problem, but I had already side-stepped that by heavily relying on damage avoidance.

I can feel the healing reduction on my medium armor stam DK, but it's something I'm adjusting to. Not too bad. As someone favoring speed (Wild Hunt) and a Coward's Gear back bar, the patch hit me less hard than a friend who plays a more conventional stam DK and who was used to being able to 1vX. That ability seems to have been greatly diminished for him.

As someone who usually plays in CP, I was quite shocked by how squishy I was on my stam DK in a BG the other day. That said, being a speed build lets you adjust your playstyle to some degree and everyone else was dying quickly too. A bit too quickly, perhaps. We won by a small margin.

My magplar is kind of destroyed. It is not a class I have made the effort to rebuild (other than with Thrassian for PvE), but the changes have hit it harder than they did my DK. I thus completely disagree with the OP in this regard, albeit mine is a stam DK. I got to wonder why the OP hasn't switched to an Elf Bane / Grothdarr build, by the way. Not that I know anything about mag DK, it just seems to be what people are doing.

My magden is a shielding build and seems pretty unchanged. I don't play it enough to really tell.

My magsorc is something I play even less, but seems strong.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Yea shields are unbalanced again. How they think an 11k shield that attacks with a 9k shield AT FULL HEALTH in 2 seconds is balanced to a CRIT heal of 10k before defile that doesn't over heal is beyond me.

Mind you its 5-6k harden and 4-5k light armor shield, when most people's spammables are 7.5k (15k IMO is the typical tool tips of hard hitting burst skills, and NBs have 20k TTs with assassins will and death stroke) so really if you have near 50k mag and 25k+ HP and you use both shields(3.6k and 4k mag a cast) they can withstand half a combo and crack. If a sorc wants to be a *** ya he can sit on his back bar and sit on his shields, just like every other class that wants to turtle. And dont forget their is a CP tree that makes shields even less effective.