The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which traits can only be researched from exemplary items ?

aenax
aenax
✭✭✭
Without willing i scamed people selling ring with the harmony trait, i genuinely though once could learn the trait from a player made item.

So i m wondering which traits can be learned from player made items. I just got nirhoned items (probably the worst possible one, i guess the reward is random) and i m wondering how to learn this trait for other pieces.

Note that the luck factor there is huge, and i really dislike that aspect.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Armor and Weapons, any traited item, player made or dropped, can be researched.

AFAIK, the same applies to Jewelry. Unless this is wrong:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Jewelry_Trait_Master

Which would go against the ethos of ZOS in encouraging social interaction (trading and bartering) to spread the trait knowledge around.

As far as Nirnhorned, you can buy the items already made from Guild Kiosks, or you can farm the Crux your self and ask nicely, with Tip, to have someone make the item for you to research. Nirn Traits have always been learned this way. Guilds are good for this.

Note, those Nirn Items that drop from doing the Craglorn MQ, only happens once per character. There are a couple of other activities that rarely drop a Nirn Traited Item, I think you have to PvP for that. Much better to buy or have crafted the items you want.
    Edited by Nestor on July 6, 2020 11:52PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you can research player crafted jewelry.

I did it for many of my alt account characters with jewelry crafted from my main account.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    aenax wrote: »
    Without willing i scamed people selling ring with the harmony trait, i genuinely though once could learn the trait from a player made item.

So i m wondering which traits can be learned from player made items. I just got nirhoned items (probably the worst possible one, i guess the reward is random) and i m wondering how to learn this trait for other pieces.

Note that the luck factor there is huge, and i really dislike that aspect.

u can research all just from palyer
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exemplary items can only be used for research, meaning that is their only use -- they cannot be equipped. Player-crafted items can still be researched just the same though.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the prices of Jewel trait materials being higher than those for the complete exemplary jewelry, I can't see any player making them for sale. Collecting the material is as hard, if not harder, than collecting an exemplary item.

Nirnhoned is a different situation. Collecting Nirncrux is tedious, but possible for any player. The exemplary items are restricted to one per character, and you have to complete a quest line to get it. But once you have your one item, you can easily make more to trade.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP, either the player already knew that trait and didn't realize it, or you made the wrong piece of jewelry. If they need to learn Harmony, e.g., for a ring, then they need to research a ring with that trait.

I purchased a few jewelry pieces made by other players, from guild kiosks, and had no issues researching them.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who told you you can't research from player made jewelry? You can
  • aenax
    aenax
    ✭✭✭
    Who told you you can't research from player made jewelry? You can

Hum i created a some ring with harmony trait on an alt and sold them, later I tried to use one for my main to research the trait and i had the impression that it failed ;-) ... Anyway may be it was a mistake I feel less guilty about selling level 1 ring with harmony traits since apparently people can research from them.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely works. All my alts researched the "exotic" jewelry traits using items my main had made for them. It's the same with nirnhoned.