The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

HELP - LA Weaving with Puncturing Sweeps

Athyrium93
Athyrium93
✭✭✭✭
Do any experienced Templar players have any tips on LA Weaving with Puncturing Sweeps? I have no issue weaving almost any other skill, but Sweeps is killing me, especially with a staff. Just messing around I swapped to both DW and 2H (only to experiment because I have no issue weaving with them on my Warden) and can hit about 100 out of 120 LA doing nothing but LA Sweeps LA Sweeps, but with a staff (I've tried each type) I'm only hitting around 60 out of 120 LA over the course of 2 minutes.

I've looked up all the guides and read everything I possibly can, but I'm still missing a ton of LA when weaving with Sweeps using a Staff. It's not an issue using Force Pulse or El Weapon, I can hit at least 100 out of 120 LA on either one (Not perfect I know, but it's not awful either)

I just want to figure out how to make it work so I can slot Sweeps and not have to pay attention to my health bar in random dungeons while still doing adequate damage. It's not even about DPS at this point, I'm just SOOO frustrated. I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing, but I'm missing it, so help would be greatly appreciated!

(for the purpose of testing how many I could hit I was timing it and using light attack helper and combat metrics, plus mag recovery food, being fed orbs, popping potions, and using channeled focus, so other than LA ->Sweeps all I was doing was downing potions, hitting X for synergy, and casting channeled focus every 20 seconds, so it isn't a rotation issue, it's either a bug or there is some tiny fraction of a second window I'm missing to get the LA and sweeps to both go off when using a staff)
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if this will help any. I think I try to light attack between the second and third jab, of the four. It's a very weird timing and feels really unnatural. XD

https://youtu.be/ywqe62QM8IQ